Miles Austin on Irvin Show - 9/22/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
After seeing Miles Austin step up his game last night you have to love the idea that he's finally ready to fill that role of being the 'other' deep threat opposite Terrell Owens.

Austin was on The Michael Irvin Show earlier today...

Austin talks big win over Packers

He's not ready to be the #2 WR just yet in my opinion. Patrick Crayton is a better route runner for one and Tony Romo has the utmost confidence in Crayton in clutch situations.

But that doesn't mean that in time Austin doesn't find himself getting some time at the #2 position.

As far as him being a deep threat he's definitely ready to fill that role. Now that he's hanging onto the football on these deep routes Jason Garrett and Tony Romo will find ways to get him the football as the season progresses.

Nexx

Reaction score
i dont care how well crayton runs routes, if #1, he cant get open, #2 drops passes. miles can at least stretch a defense.

Reaction score
I believe Austin will take the number 2 position away eventually because he's a nice young talent with hunger.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nexx;2279664 said:
i dont care how well crayton runs routes, if #1, he cant get open, #2 drops passes. miles can at least stretch a defense.

Do you care if he #1 does get open a ton and #2 rarely actually does drop passes?

BlueStar II

Reaction score
:starspin
ThreeSportStar80;2279706 said:
I believe Austin will take the number 2 position away eventually because he's a nice young talent with hunger.

:starspin I agree, I think Austin will eventually take the #2 spot away from Crayton, but at the moment, Crayton's game-day experience will allow him to keep his spot.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
It would be great if Austin can continue developing. I remember the way Housh kept getting better and better and eventually became a top 10 receiver. So......GO Miles GO!!!

Nav22

Reaction score
I noticed that too about Austin turning it up and sprinting straight up-field after his first catch last night, causing him to be caught from behind and tackled at the 3.

Had he kept running towards the pylon after the catch, that's an easy TD.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This thread is just fun to read.

I mean Austin makes two catches and he is promoted to #2 WR. Crayton played a heck of a season last year and made a great game against Cleveland. But that seems to be forgotton very fast.

It's just funny how it would be if some of you were head coaches running a franchise. How often would you change your #2 WR - 2 or 3 times a week ? I not even consider naming RBs just think about it: Felix may break a big one and we are up for a change here to ;)

Must be damn confusing to your players. At least the coaches know where everybody has to line up.

Just kiddin'

true_north

Reaction score
I just listened to Miles, and I was very impressed. He has lots of natural ability, and it looks like he is getting the NFL game, and what it takes to be successful.

Irvin indicated that he always sees Miles with Patrick and asked how he would handle the fans and the press talking about him being #2 receiver beating out his friend Patrick.

Miles gave a good answer. He said he could not control what others say, and that he was going to work hard and keep doing what he was doing.

I will be pulling for this young man to succeed. His performance on the field will dictate where he is placed on the depth chart.

If he puts together a string of games like last night, I'm sure he will be getting more playing time.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
1_magen.jpg

:muttley: Down boy down..