Miles Austin prepares for the combine...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I was looking for something completely different and came across this, photos and stuff of Miles prepearing for the combine in 06.

Apparently he came into his training running the 40 in 4.59 and at 240 freaking lbs.

He left with a 4.41 and at 220 lbs, also managed a 43" (that's pretty freakish, if you didn't know) vert. Also benched 225 lbs 23 times.

milesaustin2.jpg

milesaustin3.jpg

Just something to pass time on a Monday. I'm sure this stuff was already brought up after that draft or whatever.

2much2soon

Reaction score
43" vertical leap is pretty freakish.

There used to always be a story about someone (usually a bball player) with some off the charts vertical leap.
David Thompson was reported to have a 50" vertical, Joey Johnson (DJ's little brother) was supposed to be in that range. I think the oft-used story that so-and-so could jump so high he could pick loose change off the top of the backboard may have started with 5'8" Earl Manigault.

I think the readings at the combine are pretty accurate, though.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
I hope he can join the offense again soon. I liked the RW-11 pickup because it will be good for Dalals long-term, but now that RW-11 is limited by injury, I think we would be better off with Austin in the lineup. He was OK on kick returns, but how soon is it until he can re-join the WR corps, and how likely is it that he can command the #2 WR position?

newlander

Reaction score
If he could JUST stay healthy....dude has a mountain of untapped potential......IMO

Smith22

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2496856 said:
I hope he can join the offense again soon. I liked the RW-11 pickup because it will be good for Dalals long-term, but now that RW-11 is limited by injury, I think we would be better off with Austin in the lineup. He was OK on kick returns, but how soon is it until he can re-join the WR corps, and how likely is it that he can command the #2 WR position?
he caught a pass last night.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
2much2soon;2496854 said:
43" vertical leap is pretty freakish.

There used to always be a story about someone (usually a bball player) with some off the charts vertical leap.
David Thompson was reported to have a 50" vertical, Joey Johnson (DJ's little brother) was supposed to be in that range. I think the oft-used story that so-and-so could jump so high he could pick loose change off the top of the backboard may have started with 5'8" Earl Manigault.

I think the readings at the combine are pretty accurate, though.

I don't know if he still holds it but Michael Wilson used to hold the vertical dunk record at 12' 2" I think. He was supposed to have like a 52 inch vertical. The thing I don't get is he's a string bean 6'5 maybe 170 soaking wet.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I saw Alex English easily jump up and touch the top of the backboard. Of course his arms were longer than his body and he was 6-8. Thompson could touch the top, too, but he was 6-4.

Slashar00

Reaction score
TheCount;2496831 said:
I was looking for something completely different and came across this, photos and stuff of Miles prepearing for the combine in 06.

Apparently he came into his training running the 40 in 4.59 and at 240 freaking lbs.

He left with a 4.41 and at 220 lbs, also managed a 43" (that's pretty freakish, if you didn't know) vert. Also benched 225 lbs 23 times.

Just something to pass time on a Monday. I'm sure this stuff was already brought up after that draft or whatever.

Let me guess, you were trying to plan a trip to Austin, Texas when you found that site. :laugh2: