Video: Minicamp Interview: Brian Schottenheimer

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He says excited to get Luke and how the 2nd round fell. Can control the C gap. You don't realize how fast he is, Schoonmaker has legit 4.58 speed. Brings the ability to stretch the defense vertically.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
He says that he loved how the 2nd round turned out. Schoonmaker has legit 4.58 speed.
That pick is getting loads of hate… but the kid’s RAS was outstanding and he played in a very run heavy MI offense so his targets were limited.

He may end up being a great player for us. I realize people preferred OL or RB there— but I want to see the kid on the field a few snaps before making up my mind

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He says excited to get Luke and how the 2nd round fell. Can control the C gap. You don't realize how fast he is, Schoonmaker has legit 4.58 speed. Brings the ability to stretch the defense vertically.
Looking deeper into several of the draft picks, there seems to be a commonly held belief that the players have some untapped potential.

They feel Mazi Smith can be a better pass rusher.

Schoonmaker was underutilized as a downfield threat.

Overshown was not consistently put in a role that maximized his strengths.

We’ll ultimately find out if they were right or wrong.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to say it was a bit concerning hearing his example of Tyler Smith going up against a top defensive end. That indicates that they’re seriously considering the idea of shuffling everyone all over the place.

I think that’s an awful idea.
:thumbdown: