Mirage or Recovered?

rcaldw

Reaction score
We are about to find out the truth of where our Cowboys are. I'm encouraged we are 8-4. I'm encouraged that we LOOK better. But I also know that we have played back to back patsies.

The Steelers will let us know whether we are a pretender or a contender.

dback

Reaction score
I really hope it is not a mirage. I did not like that offense started to stagnate out of the gate in the second half, but we did turn it around a bit. It also seems like our secondary is bending a little more than I would like. They (the secondary) need to tighten up a bit or I feel Pitt and NYG will have a little more success getting into the end zone than SF or SEA

zeroburrito

Reaction score
i think the giants game is what will determine if we are real or not. the field is supposed to be really sloppy next week. that plays into the steelers hands.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The Steelers are nothing special, damn people talk about them like they are the Steel Curtain teams of the 1970s.

Eskimo

Reaction score
The keys other than health will be the ability to defend against the run which we will need to do to beat the Giants. Pittsburgh with their perennial power running game will be a great test for us to see if we really have turned the corner with the run D.

rcaldw

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2448193 said:
The Steelers are nothing special, damn people talk about them like they are the Steel Curtain teams of the 1970s.

I don't think they are special either. I'm just saying that it is difficult to gage where we are playing the 49ers and Seahawks. We need a pretty good team to give us a reading.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know if this is a mirage or if we are recovered. We should have our confidence back and that is a good start. We will know much more after the next couple of games.

This I agree with. I've seen a couple of their recent games and I'm not scared to play them. I don't believe the Cowboys will be afraid to go up there at all. Provided we don't fall behind big early in the game I think we will do fine.

Don Corleone

Reaction score

I agree. Their oline is horrible. I can't get the highlights of the Eagles going sack crazy on Roethlisberger out of my mind from earlier this year.

Pittsburgh seems offensively challenged at times. They can beat other teams by scoring only 11 points, but not us.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
rcaldw;2448145 said:
We are about to find out the truth of where our Cowboys are. I'm encouraged we are 8-4. I'm encouraged that we LOOK better. But I also know that we have played back to back patsies.

Well, don't discount the fact that we also beat the now 7-4 Commanders on the road to get us to 3 straight wins. That win was huge, and no cake walk.

adamc91115

Reaction score

Wow... You might be in for a rude awakening.

No, they may not be the Steel Curtain, but they're pretty freakin good.

1st in Run Defense, 1st in Pass Defense, and 1st in Overall defense, 3rd in Sacks, 4th in Passer Rating allowed. They allow 2.9 YPC... Thats VERY impressive.

This is going to be a very tough game for the Cowboys. Our defense better come ready to play and force some turnovers.

bula

Reaction score
Recovered no. Mirage no. Cowboys have historically come out of the Thanksgiving game amped. I think the matchup with Pittsburgh is a good one. Bad weather or not, I like Dallas' chances even against this D. Actually I think this game isnt close. NY beat them. Philly beat them. They are overrated and I think we beat them by at least a TD.

Eskimo

Reaction score
bula;2448229 said:
Recovered no. Mirage no. Cowboys have historically come out of the Thanksgiving game amped. I think the matchup with Pittsburgh is a good one. Bad weather or not, I like Dallas' chances even against this D. Actually I think this game isnt close. NY beat them. Philly beat them. They are overrated and I think we beat them by at least a TD.

Maybe historically that is true, but we haven't seen it happen in about 12 years.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I have this to add.

Pittsburgh is very beatable. they have a poor offensive line, Ben R always looks to throw deep and their backs are as banged up as ours.

and Also.

If you have ever wanted to go to texas stadium, the giants game maybe the best game the stadium will have had in a while.

I truly believe the crowd, the energy, the atmosphere is going to be above and beyond anything I have been a part of over the last 6 years at the stadium.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
adamc91115;2448227 said:

1st in Run Defense, 1st in Pass Defense, and 1st in Overall defense, 3rd in Sacks, 4th in Passer Rating allowed. They allow 2.9 YPC... Thats VERY impressive.

This is going to be a very tough game for the Cowboys. Our defense better come ready to play and force some turnovers.

Yeah, but they play in a division which lacks offense to begin with. Ravens offense? Browns? What about the Bengals?

I agree their defense is stout, but the competition offensively has been weak for them for much of the year.

This will be a great game.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
adamc91115;2448227 said:

they also can't score and play in a pretty offensively weak division

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
rcaldw;2448145 said:

The Boys seem to be coming out of their overrated stage. They seem to be playing up to their skills, suddenly and are probably on a roll.
If this team keeps rolling, look out Pittsburgh and GiANTs!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't fear the Steelers but you're fooling yourself if you think the Steelers "aren't that good". They have the best defense in the league and not just statistically. They have solid corners and a safety in Polumala who's coverage skills are just as good as a corner's. They have GREAT linebackers. The have one of the best defensive tackles in the game in Hampton. I'm not saying the Cowboys can't beat them because I believe they can. But its not going to be a cakewalk. We're going to need our defense to pull this one out for us. I think we have to hope our defense can allow their offense under 14 points. And their offense isn't anything to sneeze at either. Roethlisberger is not as good as Romo when it comes to avoiding sacks but he's the same type of quarterback. He also has a tendency to hold on to the ball too long which is a gift and a curse. Depends on your pass rush. Not sure if Willie Parker is playing but he's one of the best backs in the game when healthy. Holmes is a speed freak and I expect Newman to cover him and Henry to cover Ward. Its not going to be a cakewalk.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2448214 said:
I don't know if this is a mirage or if we are recovered. We should have our confidence back and that is a good start. We will know much more after the next couple of games.

This I agree with. I've seen a couple of their recent games and I'm not scared to play them. I don't believe the Cowboys will be afraid to go up there at all. Provided we don't fall behind big early in the game I think we will do fine.

I agree completely. They will go into that game expecting to win. I will say that they will get away with a lot less in this game and in the Giants. Pittsburg has a great D. We should beat them by ten unless we give it away.

adamc91115;2448227 said:

They are the real deal. And the only thing I fear is protecting Tony. Garrett needs to understand he's not playing SF or another weak defensive team. Tony will not have all day to throw even if Pittsburg blitzes too often to get pressure. He'll need and Tony will need to play smart. And I don't like the idea of depending on Choice to pick up a blitz against one of their LBs. I do hope MB will play and Garrett plays it closer to the vest with protection. He can always loosen it up later. And make sure to hurt them blitzing.

Don Corleone;2448237 said:
Yeah, but they play in a division which lacks offense to begin with. Ravens offense? Browns? What about the Bengals?

I agree their defense is stout, but the competition offensively has been weak for them for much of the year.

This will be a great game.

Their O is not stout but their D is. Thankfully I think we match up well against them.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
rocyaice;2448266 said:
Roethlisberger is not as good as Romo when it comes to avoiding sacks but he's the same type of quarterback.

You lost me at that sentence. Roethlisberger is nothing like Romo IMO. Romo is a lot more nimble, and Ben is a statue. I think the Eagles sacked him about 10 times earlier this year.

Do you think Pittsburgh wants to play us after what they've seen the past few weeks from this team?

Pitt has no offense IMO, and should this game turn into any sort of shootout, my money is on the Cowboys.

Everson24

Reaction score
zeroburrito;2448184 said:
i think the giants game is what will determine if we are real or not. the field is supposed to be really sloppy next week. that plays into the steelers hands.

Why does a sloppy field automatically play into the Steelers hands?