Missed sacks

vlad

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the amount of times we've missed sacks by simply flying past the QB because our momentum is to out of control. Tnew did it yesterday, Ware....

This happens and then the QB breaks free and usually someone is open by that point. Henry had a sack on Rodgers where he barely got him down near our red zone...just wondered if this is normal for any team, or high frequency with us.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Their hands are too weak. Their picking daisies instead of strength training their hands. ;)

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
they are out of control...they are not settling and making the tackle. the Qb's are using that momentum against them...a little side step and there you go...whiff

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
I love Ware, but he's the one that had the ole' sack on the bomb to Moss.

I've seen him whiff at least two times on a QB.

Defense needs to learn to mix speed with control - they're terrible tacklers so far.

L-O-Jete;2295958 said:
Ware had another sack keeping his streak alive

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Honestly, this has been a trend for the Cowboys d-line for the past 3 to 4 years. Ware is just as guilty as anyone else on the d-line.

There seems to be no control or structure to the pass rush. We often lose backside contain and all the qb has to do is make one move to get free for a pass, or run for the 1st down.

The best pass rushers have said that you anticipate how many steps the QB will take in his dropback, and where he'll be. You then plan your passrush so that you cut towards the QB at the right time. It is up to the o-lineman to try to stop you.

Ware is good on his initial burst, but can't seem to make that cut towards the QB like the best passrushers in history could do.

jr40usa

Reaction score
The biggest problems with our defense line is no pressure coming from the middle. If you watch Philly & Steelers for example they bring constant pressure from the middle. This does not allow the QB to startup which cause him to go down sometime without even being completely in the grasp of defenders.

Our main pressures come from the outside.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
vlad;2295874 said:
Has anyone noticed the amount of times we've missed sacks by simply flying past the QB because our momentum is to out of control. Tnew did it yesterday, Ware....

This happens and then the QB breaks free and usually someone is open by that point. Henry had a sack on Rodgers where he barely got him down near our red zone...just wondered if this is normal for any team, or high frequency with us.

EVERY WEEK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Garbage Defenders garbage Defense.... I might add also 12 men on the field ......STUPID DEFENSE

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
vlad;2295874 said:

L-O-Jete;2295958 said:
Ware had another sack keeping his streak alive

Ware could have easily had two sacks. On the second one he tried to strip the ball from Campbell with his right hand and couldn't bring him down with just his left hand. Not saying he shouldn't have tried to strip it, but if he had grabbed Campbell with both hands he could have sacked him.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
While we're getting some sacks I am a little bit concerned about the others that we're missing and it seems like every game that we're missing another 2-3 sacks in the game because we're simply not taking good fundamental breakdowns in getting there, which has led to QBs (McNabb and Campbell) making plays after we've missed them.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2296148 said:
While we're getting some sacks I am a little bit concerned about the others that we're missing and it seems like every game that we're missing another 2-3 sacks in the game because we're simply not taking good fundamental breakdowns in getting there, which has led to QBs (McNabb and Campbell) making plays after we've missed them.

No kidding. I saw the Bears defense sack McNabb yesterday, and they made it look easy. The Cowboys make it look like McNabb is a greased pig.

Nexx

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2296169 said:
No kidding. I saw the Bears defense sack McNabb yesterday, and they made it look easy. The Cowboys make it look like McNabb is a greased pig.

but i thought it was because McNabb was the second coming of Jim freakin Brown, like the cowboys said he was.... :rolleyes: