Twitter: MM on Tyron: "I'm thinking we're going to be fine there"

Aven8

Reaction score
I’ll believe it when he’s on the plane to Boston and active Sunday afternoon lol

I would put him in one of those Pods in first class and get him the best mattress in Boston if I were Jerry!

Mr_437

Reaction score
Sometimes nothing is something with this team and injuries.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Sounds like he's playing ........hell, Tyron at 80% is still pretty darn good.

I read that after the surgery he felt so good that he wasn't going to play with his neck-roll anymore. From my memory I don't he was wearing it for these 5 games. I wonder if he regrets that now. I think he should put it back on.

Carson

Reaction score
I read that after the surgery he felt so good that he wasn't going to play with his neck-roll anymore. From my memory I don't he was wearing it for these 5 games. I wonder if he regrets that now. I think he should put it back on.
Didnt even notice that until you mentioned it!

Tussinman

Reaction score
Fans like to over-react. All-pro left tackles getting injured is actually really common yet fans act like it's a Tyron issue.

Let's look and see how healthy all these all pro tackles truly are

David Bakirati: played injured all of 2019, was on IR in 2020 (weeks after signing a blockbuster money deal) and is on IR for 2021...........

Terron Armstead: Currently injured for the 6th time in the last 7 years. He just turned 30 and is about to have his 5th season where he's played 10 games or less.......

Ronnie Stanley: Gets blockbuster deal in 2020 like Bakirati and then literally lands on IR 2 days later. Has already missed 5 games this year with no time able return

Notice this reoccurring them ?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
So he is hurt. If we’re waiting to see how he feels; something is bothering him.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Rub some ointment on it, take some pain meds and suit up unless it's a serious injury of course.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Fans like to over-react. All-pro left tackles getting injured is actually really common yet fans act like it's a Tyron issue.

David Bakirati: played injured all of 2019, was on IR in 2020 (weeks after signing a blockbuster money deal) and is on IR for 2021...........

Terron Armstead: Currently injured for the 6th time in the last 7 years. He just turned 30 and is about to have his 5th season where he's played 10 games or less.......

Ronnie Stanley: Gets blockbuster deal in 2020 like Bakirati and then literally lands on IR 2 days later. Has already missed 5 games this year with no time able return

IDK why the Packers don't just trade David Bakhtiari. He's known as the Persian Wisconsin Beer Chugger over there across the pond in WI. They love him. He goes to a lot of Bucks games and is a cool guy to hang around unlike Rodgers. But he's been injured for years and they are winning just fine without him.

Tussinman

Reaction score
IDK why the Packers don't just trade David Bakhtiari. He's known as the Persian Wisconsin Beer Chugger over there across the pond in WI. They love him. He goes to a lot of Bucks games and is a cool guy to hang around unlike Rodgers. But he's been injured for years and they are winning just fine without him.
Yeah that contract extension didn't age well. They gave him a deal which included over 60 million dollars in guranteed money and he went on IR shortly after. Here where are in the next season he's still injured, hasn't come back. They gave him such a high contract that they can't trade or move on from him for at least another 2 years.

DanA

Reaction score

Is the reoccurring them you cherry picking stats? If so, then yep I noticed it.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Is the reoccurring them you cherry picking stats? If so, then yep I noticed it.
Cherry picking stats ? Go ahead and list active left tackles that have made multiple all-pro teams. You can't, there all injured or retired.

That's not cherry picking that called be a realist (cowboy fans act like there the only fanbase that has to deal with injuries when in reality it's common league wide)

DanA

Reaction score
Cherry picking stats ? Go ahead and list active left tackles that have made multiple all-pro teams. You can't, there all injured or retired.

That's not cherry picking that called be a realist (cowboy fans act like there the only fanbase that has to deal with injuries when in reality it's common league wide)

You mean like two time pro-bowler and current Chiefs left tackle Orlando Brown? He’s never missed a game.

But that’s not the bit I take exception too. Players get injured, I get that. The bit I don’t agree with is the idea that Cowboys fans are somehow stupid to be worried about a guy that has had a chronic neck injury, that just missed a season, and is now again experiencing issues seemingly for the same thing.

Not all injuries are the same. If you miss time for a concussion, acl and broken wrist. It’s not the same as missing time for three straight concussions. And it’s the same with the neck. Injuries in the one spot can be cumulative, fans know that, but your cherry picked stats don’t reflect this reality.

Tussinman

Reaction score
You mean like two time pro-bowler and current Chiefs left tackle Orlando Brown? He’s never missed a game.
Brown has never made the all-pro team and is only 25. That's clearly not what i'm referring too (im referring to high accolade veteran players getting banged up, it happens alot more than fans admit)
The bit I don’t agree with is the idea that Cowboys fans are somehow stupid to be worried about a guy that has had a chronic neck injury
There's a difference between being concerned and over-reacting. Fans on this board then to be the latter (Tyron could scratch his neck from a mosquito bite and we would still get a thread of "did you see Tyron touching his neck ? The spasms are coming back").
And it’s the same with the neck. Injuries in the one spot can be cumulative, fans know that, but your cherry picked stats don’t reflect this reality.
That's not a cherry picked stat. It's called life in the NFL. Someone like Joe Thomas playing his whole HOF career without having multiple seasons lost due to injury is rare.

That was the point I was making, it's way more common then most will admit (they don't give a crap because they don't actual follow the NFL as a sport, they just follow the cowboys).