MMQB projecting 2020 combine freaks

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Good read by Breer.......

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/02/24/n...er.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb
COMBINE FREAKS
Over the weekend, I sent out a couple dozen texts to scouts and college scouting directors asking them to forecast who the stars of the drills will be at the combine this week. Call them my DK Metcalf All-Stars.

Washington WR Salvon Ahmed: Let’s start with a sleeper for you—Ahmed could run the 40 in the mid-4.3s, which should help a kid who weighs around 200 pounds at 5' 11" build some momentum heading into spring.

Notre Dame WRs Chase Claypool and Chris Finke: Claypool should run and jump well for a receiver who is 6' 4" and 230 pounds. And Finke could break 40 inches in the vertical. Both should further prove the depth of the class.

Creeper

Reaction score
If Ruggs runs a 4.26 again and he is available at 17, the Cowboys should take him regardless of whether Cooper signs or not. Having a guy with that kind of speed in the game changes everything. It will open the running game for Zeke too. Draft playmakers regardless of position.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If Ruggs runs a 4.26 again and he is available at 17, the Cowboys should take him regardless of whether Cooper signs or not. Having a guy with that kind of speed in the game changes everything. It will open the running game for Zeke too. Draft playmakers regardless of position.

I agree.. It depends what defenders are on the board of course but a smart offensive coordinator can dictate coverage with our current weapons + Ruggs.

He's speed has to be accounted for every play.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Agree but there is NO WAY he's getting out of the top 10.

Sidebar ......read a tweet during the season where GMs admitted he resisted using a high pick on 2019 WR coz he knew 2020 draft would have one the best crops we've seen in a long time. Bottom line, we can probably lock the Colts 1st round pick to WR position.

ultron

Reaction score
Agree but there is NO WAY he's getting out of the top 10.

Sidebar ......read a tweet during the season where GMs admitted he resisted using a high pick on 2019 WR coz he knew 2020 draft would have one the best crops we've seen in a long time. Bottom line, we can probably lock the Colts 1st round pick to WR position.
I think they'll draft QB - Jordan Love, if not the Cowboys should draft him.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Burrows with nine inch hands can now dominate draft talk this week.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I really like Devin Duvernay. He reminds me a little of Hines Ward with the thick legs and a running backs body. He's abusive after the catch. Those type of players are usually resilient, durable, and have long playing careers. I could see him playing the slot and being a core special teams player.

RS12

Reaction score
Gallimore will end up benching 500 lbs, squatting 800 lbs and will run a 40 time in the 4.7s.
Cowboys tend to like long limbed linemen. Which Gallimore isnt. Not saying he cant play, just saying he doesnt fit the mold.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score