Video: MM's analytics, interesting breakdown

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did Parcells use "analytics"? I remember his press conferences he spoke of "statistics".
...well in this situation if you have this down and distance, you need to use this play, as it works X% of the time, because this is what defenses usually do...
He said that type of stuff.

I remember a game with Quincy at QB, game seems almost impossible to win. They had like a 4th and very long, Quincy hits a sideline pass that you only expect Rodgers to hit. It put them in FG range, and the won the game from there. Parcells said after the game. That was the type of stuff he has them run over and over in practice, and that was a perfect example to use that play, because "statistics" said so.

So this has been used often and for a long time, but now they want to call it "analytics" as a buzz term to make it sound better I guess.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Word of advice for the narrater. Don’t be afraid to script your show out completely. Its not easy to just talk on a subject even when you know it well without saying things like “keep in mind” 50 times. I was a wannabe sports radio guy back in the day. The more scripting you do the better you sound.