Mock 2/24/2024

Sandyf

Reaction score
much depends on who we extend, who we resign and then if we do spend big money on real good free agents

24. Troy Fautanu OT Washington - can play LT/LG/RG/RT, been a starter at LT for 15 straight games, very aggressive player who excels in run game and good at pass protection but needs to refine those skills, team first guy, loves to pancake players in run and pass protection, show be a starter from day one although if drafted could learn some from Tyron Smith if we resign him. He is 6'4" and 317 before combine measurements with supposedly long arms. Combine will definitely be a key for him. Some draft experts have him moving inside on the next level but several NFL teams see him as a top 12 pick in the draft at LT.

56. Zach Frazier OC West Virginia - strong, great hands, aggressive in blocking run and pass, 4 time state wrestling champion in high school, smart, understand what a center has to do and does it, sets the tone for the OL, can also play guard, much like Jason Kelce in his demeanor and getting the job done.

87. Jaylan Ford LB Texas - a true in the box LB that punishes runner and anyone coming across the middle, prototypical size with long arms for a MLB, smart kid, attacks with aggressive manner to let the runner know he is going to drive him back until the whistle blows, good instincts on where the play is going, not going to be able to cover WRs but good at knocking any pass catcher off their mark

170s (comp) Troy Benson RB Florida St. - before anyone goes crazy, I think if Dallas wants him they will need to move up to top of 3rd round to get him, saying that though it never amazes me the last few drafts when running backs fall and fall before getting drafted, seems like a crap shoot ever year for RBs. Benson fits what McCarthy likes his RBs to be for the most part, good size, ability to take it to the house any play, good pass catching skills but he is a lousy pass blocker so McCarthy will need to fix it in a hurry. The other thing is FA and will Dallas resign Pollard or another RB like a Henry or Barkley or Jones, it will go a long way in determining where Dallas will draft a RB if they do at all. If not, then Myles Cole Edge Texas Tech fits exactly what Zimmer likes at DE and Cole is a carbon copy of D. Lawrence.

190s/200 (comp) Louis Rees-Zammit WR Rugby - have to believe McClay has already scouted this guy. Very hard to find info about his NFL training but the kid is 6'3" and 220 and runs a consistent 4.2 forty and has been timed at 4.15 several times, that is faster than Tyree Hill. Large hands, catches the ball extremely well even one handed many times. His route running is far better than expected and the kid can jump. Learning fast and will make an immediate impact for some team, think Bob Hayes, only faster. Very strong kid in legs and arms, likes to run over players and not afraid to hit first in tackle situations. Maybe only used sparingly the first year but a combo of Lamb and Zammit could be the best ever.

230. Fabien Lovett DT1/DT3 Florida St. - great size and length, great motor, somewhat raw but good rotation piece at least to begin the season, lots of natural ability to work with and takes coaching well, one of those guys that could be great or just a sub.

241. Myles Harden CB South Dakota - raw prospect with high upside, ST guy year one

Carson

Reaction score
My only gripe complaint is most projections have Fautanu kicking inside to guard

Thats a lot of movement in one year shuffling Tyler to LT, Rookie LG and Rookie C.

cnuball21

Reaction score
My only gripe complaint is most projections have Fautanu kicking inside to guard

Thats a lot of movement in one year shuffling Tyler to LT, Rookie LG and Rookie C.
Yea…if Tyron is gone are we going to count on 2 rookie OLmen and moving Tyler back to LT where he wasn’t very good as a rookie?

Thats going backwards IMO.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I don’t see any scenario where this team drafts OL in round 1 and 2.

Carson

Reaction score
I don’t see any scenario where this team drafts OL in round 1 and 2.
Outside of Center, I 100% agree.

Tyron will be back, Tyler Smith, Martin and Steele.

If they miss on an early center they may even feel comfortable to try Bass at center