Mock 2010

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
I know it's just a GOOF!
some guy was busting my balls for making an early mock so early before the draft he asked if I could make a 2010 mock as a joke, but I made one anyway as a joke back, but if dallas used my mock where I LOADED UP on the D-line this draft and a couple mid round safeties and O-lineman, but really sured up the D-line so that the following year in 2010, we can draft a STUD I.L.B. with our top pick to play behind my totally revamped D_line andthen pick a top F.S. is none of the safeties I picked in hte 2009 draft panned out as well as we thought,, and then I added in a W.R. and a couple more BIG lineman and a W.R. prospect.
Check it out, obviously it's stupid to make a mock in 2010 so early befor ethe 2009 draft, but I REALLY like the idea of waiting on I.L.B. for one more year since we can get by with James and Thomas for one more eyar, and they'll be a LOT MORE effective if we reload our D-line to keep the lineman off of the L.B.'s and then draft a true STUD I.L.B. to finish off our defense!

Take a peek!

So here goes: LOL

Round 1: STUD I.L.B.6'-4 255 and runs a 4.6, a LOT BETTER to wait one more year on drafting our future at I.LB. IMO and use a 1st rounder on one instead of a late 2nd rounder this year.

I.L.B.
Rolando McClain*, Alabama
Height: 6-4. Weight: 255.
Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round (2010): Top 25 Pick.
8/3/08: Despite being a mere true freshman, Rolando McClain started eight games, and recorded 75 tackles (five for loss), four pass break-ups and two interceptions. GMs will love the 4.6 at 255 pounds.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Round 2: FAST F.S. who picks off passes, I LIKE IT!

Shane Carter, FS, Wisconsin
Height: 6-2. Weight: 203.
Projected 40 Time: 4.48.

Projected Round (2010): 2.
8/6/08: Shane Carter will score some points with a nice 40. Not like he needs it though; Carter picked off seven passes as a sophomore. He started every game.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Round 3:

O.T. Tray Allen*, Texas
Height: 6-5. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.33.
Projected Round (2009): 3.
7/27/08: Tray Allen didn't start any games as a freshman, but he played in nine contests. One of the top-recruited tackles a year ago, but I have to wonder why Texas wasted his redshirt year.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Round 4:
O.G. John Jerry, Ole Miss
Height: 6-5. Weight: 350.
Projected 40 Time: 5.42.
Projected Round (2009): 4.
7/28/08: Indianapolis residents should think about getting earthquake insurance soon. When John Jerry runs a 40 at the combine, many homes could be destroyed. Jerry, obviously a punishing run-blocker, started nine contests as a sophomore.

Round 5:
W.R.
David Gettis, Baylor
Height: 6-4. Weight: 209.
Projected 40 Time: 4.44.
Projected Round (2010): 4-5.
7/26/08: David Gettis had just one decent game and failed to put up decent seasonal numbers (31 catches, 407 yards, no touchdowns). However, he's a big receiver with 4.4 speed and kick-returning abilities, so he's bound to get some looks in the middle rounds.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Round 6:

Chauncey Mixon, SS, Southern Illinois
Height: 6-1. Weight: 218.
Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
Projected Round (2010): 6.
8/6/08: Chauncey Mixon, a member of the All-Gateway second team, collected 118 tackles (14.5 for loss), seven pass break-ups and five sacks as a sophomore.
Round 7:

I.L.B. Jared Norton, Texas
Height: 6-3. Weight: 242.
Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round (2010): 7.
8/2/08: Despite starting just one game, Jared Norton managed 53 tackles (four for loss) and two sacks as a sophomore.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
1 - QB Colt McCoy Texas
2 - SS/OLB Travis Lewis OU (reminds me so much of Darren Woodson)
3 - OLB Sergio Kindle Texas
4 - OT Eben Britton Arizona
5 - WR Jordan Shipley Texas
6 - DT Kellen Heard TAMU
7 - FB Rashawn Jackson Virginia

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2445150 said:
1 - QB Colt McCoy Texas
6 - DT Kellen Heard TAMU

we hardly draft Texas players, yet you have us taking 3 in one year?

a backup QB w/ our 1st pick?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2445150 said:
1 - QB Colt McCoy Texas
6 - DT Kellen Heard TAMU

WHAT?
I don't understand the logic of using a 1st round pick on a Q.B. when Romo is locked up forever, so you're gonna use a 1st rounder on a GUARANTEED BACKUP for the next 7 years?

Then use a 3rd rounder on an O.L.B. when we have WARE and SPENCER locked up as bookend O.L.B.'s the next decade?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2445200 said:
we hardly draft Texas players, yet you have us taking 3 in one year?

a backup QB w/ our 1st pick?

I want Colt McCoy.....plain and simple. BTW, if we are as good as I hope we will be, that 1st round pick will be #32, basically a 2nd round pick.

Also, how many starting QBs stay healthy year after year.....very few.....Favre, Manning, Brady....and that is about it. Oh and look what happened to Brady this year. He is out, but they groomed Cassel for like 3-4 years to be his backup...and now, they are hardly missing a beat on offense.

Look at GB. They drafted Aaron Rogers in the 1st round and had him sit for several years. The Niners traded for Steve Young and made him sit for several years. The Eagles drafted Kolb with their first pick (2nd rounder)....and made him sit behind McNabb.

Our team is loaded with talent. If we do our job in the 2009 draft, we should be able to add a lot of talent and depth to this team, leaving virtually no holes...that is if we do our job.

the 2010 draft is all for fun anyway......there are too many variables to take any of it seriously. the fact that you two get so bent out of shape over a mock that I made that still has to follow one draft and two free agent signing periods is quite comical.

BTW...If I really wanted to be a UT homer

1 - QB Colt McCoy
2 - LB Sergio Kindle
3 - OT Tray Allen
4 -
5 - WR Jordan Shipley
6 - DB Beasley
7 - LB Jared Norton

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Biggems;2445318 said:
I want Colt McCoy.....plain and simple. BTW, if we are as good as I hope we will be, that 1st round pick will be #32, basically a 2nd round pick.

Also, how many starting QBs stay healthy year after year.....very few.....Favre, Manning, Brady....and that is about it. Oh and look what happened to Brady this year. He is out, but they groomed Cassel for like 3-4 years to be his backup...and now, they are hardly missing a beat on offense.

Look at GB. They drafted Aaron Rogers in the 1st round and had him sit for several years. The Niners traded for Steve Young and made him sit for several years. The Eagles drafted Kolb with their first pick (2nd rounder)....and made him sit behind McNabb.

Our team is loaded with talent. If we do our job in the 2009 draft, we should be able to add a lot of talent and depth to this team, leaving virtually no holes...that is if we do our job.

the 2010 draft is all for fun anyway......there are too many variables to take any of it seriously. the fact that you two get so bent out of shape over a mock that I made that still has to follow one draft and two free agent signing periods is quite comical.

BTW...If I really wanted to be a UT homer

1 - QB Colt McCoy
2 - LB Sergio Kindle
3 - OT Tray Allen
4 -
5 - WR Jordan Shipley
6 - DB Beasley
7 - LB Jared Norton

How old were Farve, and Montana when their teams got Rogers and Young? And McNabb had already shown he was declining when the Eagles grabbed Kolb. And you can say picking 32nd is basically a 2nd, but that doesn't mean you have a free pass to waste it (yes drafting a QB in round 1 is a waste)

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2445235 said:
Then use a 3rd rounder on an O.L.B. when we have WARE and SPENCER locked up as bookend O.L.B.'s the next decade?

This actually isn't a bad idea. Spencer has 1 sack this year, so adding someone to the mix in round 3 would be smart.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2445331 said:
This actually isn't a bad idea. Spencer has 1 sack this year, so adding someone to the mix in round 3 would be smart.

yeah lets pass on a guy who may push for Spencer's job and possibly beat him out, and instead just get some fella to be a backup...

NO THANKS

draft the best player available...if our starter doesnt like it....too bad. if our starter wants to keep his job, then outplay the rookie.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm not ready to do a whole 2010 mock draft but I am ready to announce who our 2010 1st Round Pick will be.....

ronald-johnson-pictures%20(7).jpg

Ronald Johnson WR USC

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/johnson_ronald00.html

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Johnson isn't in the Mike Williams/Dwayne Jarrett/Patrick Turner mold. He is 6'1", blazing fast, and like Steve Smith while he was at USC, has a knack for big plays.

USC has a lot of WR's so everyone is getting chances this year. Still, he has 23 catches, 17 plus yards per reception, and 6 TD's. Trust me, this kid will excel at the NFL level.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2445474 said:
Johnson isn't in the Mike Williams/Dwayne Jarrett/Patrick Turner mold. He is 6'1", blazing fast, and like Steve Smith while he was at USC, has a knack for big plays.

USC has a lot of WR's so everyone is getting chances this year. Still, he has 23 catches, 17 plus yards per reception, and 6 TD's. Trust me, this kid will excel at the NFL level.

i will say this......he has a lot of practice playing with a crappy QB...Sanchez is almost as bad as Booty.....

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
wasn't a Booty fan at all. I feel Sanchez is a lot better than Booty was. He is more mobile and plays with a lot more fire. I will go ahead and risk the flaming responses and say Sanchez will be a better NFL QB than Colt McCoy.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2445487 said:
wasn't a Booty fan at all. I feel Sanchez is a lot better than Booty was. He is more mobile and plays with a lot more fire. I will go ahead and risk the flaming responses and say Sanchez will be a better NFL QB than Colt McCoy.

maybe, maybe not. USC does run a more pro style offense than Texas, so it wouldn't be a farfetched comment.

IMO, the best USC QB in the NFL is the one that road the bench the entire time as a Trojan.....Cassel. I think Palmer is very overrated. He had 1 good season, but since then, has done nothing. He has no excuse either. He has been surrounded by some great offensive talent and this year is the only year he is lacking a running game, since they got rid of Rudi.

Leinart blows. He is more concerned with looking pretty and being Hollywood than he is playing QB in the NFL. Maybe the humble pie he was served by losing his spot to Moses, I mean Kurt Warner, will serve him well in the long run.

I do not believe that Cassel will be in NE much longer. I have a feeling he will find a starting gig elsewhere soon....If Minnesota came calling, I would jump on that in a heartbeat if I were Cassel.

BTW, 2 years ago, and even last year to an extent, I would have said no way will Colt make it in the NFL. He was frail as a freshman and mistake prone last year. However, he has put it all together this season. He has bulked up, gotten stronger in his lower and upper body. He has his head right with the game. His neck is completely healed from the KSU and A&M beating as a freshman. He can make all the throws. He is mobile in the pocket and can run when he wants or needs to. He is also most likely staying for his senior year, which means he should get even better. Having Applewhite there will definitely help him.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2446098 said:
my 1st round pick in '10 would be Arkansas State DE Alex Carrington

You need to stop watching Dynasty reruns.....oh wait that was Alexis Carrington....nevermind.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2445326 said:
How old were Farve, and Montana when their teams got Rogers and Young? And McNabb had already shown he was declining when the Eagles grabbed Kolb. And you can say picking 32nd is basically a 2nd, but that doesn't mean you have a free pass to waste it (yes drafting a QB in round 1 is a waste)

EXACTLY!
Kolb was brought in to be the STARTER in a year or two when McNabb left or retired, Rodgers was brought in to be the STARTER when Favre retires, etc.,etc.,etc, if your Q.B. doesn't get injured, it would be a COMPLETE WASTE of a 1st round pick.
We all know Brad Johnson sucked, but lets not go overboard and start thinking lets use aq 1st round pick to be our backup.
Just go out and get a decent vet backup like a Leftwich .

You never, and I repeat NEVER use a 1st round pick on a guy who YOU KNOW will be a backup for the next 7 years barring major injury and might never see any playing time and at BEST would see limited action.