Mock draft from NePatriots site, 2nd round, whom do you like, think cowboys can get?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok here is a mock draft from new englands mock draft, whom do you like in the 2nd round that you think the cowboys should get, i started at the 44th pick in 2nd round, i like the 54th pick that they have going to the bears ;
54. Chicago Bears
Herman Johnson, OG, LSU
Big man with great feet can really move out lineman. Could improve his pass-protection skills, but he is not a liability.

This is one big mean dude offensive guard, nasty and mean, too, kinda reminds me of a young Erik Williams;

44. New York Giants
Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina
A raw tackle prospect, this Gamecock needs to improve his footwork so his blocking skills can improve to the level of his size and strength.

45. Minnesota Vikings (NO)
Darius Hill, TE, Ball State
A YAC machine that rarely goes down after first contact. Can be a threat over the middle or in the threat. Not a liability in the running game.

46. Philadelphia Eagles
Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
Great, live arm that needs to be contained at times. Has great accuracy and is somewhat mobile.

47. New York Jets
Alex Boone, OT, Ohio State
When engaged, he will win the battle, but has trouble keeping up with quicker defenders.

48. Jacksonville Jaguars
Michael Hamlin, SS, Clemson
Fast but not very physical, Hamlin will struggle when he isn't playing in a zone defense.

49. Indianapolis Colts
Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky
Physical, talented corner that has the skills to excel in man or zone coverage. Has shut down the likes of Julio Jones and other good college WR's.

50. Baltimore Ravens
Max Unger, C, Oregon
As big as a tackle, the position he used to play, Unger brings freakish strength and size to the center position.

51. Green Bay Packers
Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgrs
He runs crisp routes and can break tackles after making the catch, but won't run by many corners.

52. Denver Broncos
Mitch King, DL, Iowa
Quick Lineman with a non-stop motor. Makes lots of tackles behind the line of scrimmage.

53. Dallas Cowboys
Darry Beckwith, LB, LSU
Big, downhill run-stopper that can fill holes really well. Struggles running with tight ends and running backs in coverage.

54. Chicago Bears
Herman Johnson, OG, LSU
Big man with great feet can really move out lineman. Could improve his pass-protection skills, but he is not a liability.

55. New England Patriots
James Davis, RB, Clemson
Solid, one-cut back that really knows how to run downhill. A no-brainer for a two-back system.

56. Atlanta Falcons
Rico McCoy, LB, Tennessee
Smallish, but very athletic, he should electrify scouts like Jerod Mayo did a year ago.

57. Arizona Cardinals
Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech
Physical corner that excels at playing the press and hitting. Struggles to stay with receivers over long periods of time.

58. Miami Dolphins
Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma St.
A great two-way tight end, he can block very well along with catching the ball like a receiver, providing a big red-zone target.

59. Tampa Bay Bucs
Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest
Very fast, and knows where the ball is going before the quarterback lets it out of his hand.

60. Carolina Panthers
Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
Big hitter that plays physical for 60 minutes. Can cover over the middle, but struggles with quick running backs.

61. Pittsburgh Steelers
Alex Mack, C, California
Quality line calls combining with great technique make for a great first-day center prospect. Can instantly improve any offensive line.

62. New York Giants
Vince Oghobaase, DL, Duke
Smart player who uses his hands well to fend off blockers and make the tackle. Needs to play with a mean streak.

63. Buffalo Bills
Greg Middleton, DE, Indiana
Strong quick end that can get to the passer while still being effective against the run. Needs to vary his moves more.

64. Tennessee Titans
Darius Butler, CB, UCONN
Lacks NFL size, but has amazing quickness and very fluid feet and hips. Can tackle well considering his lack of bulk.

:banghead: :bang2:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
no, im not saying i want that linebacker, im saying i would rather draft the player below the cowboys pick,
54. Chicago Bears
Herman Johnson, OG, LSU
Herman Johnson is whom i would like, he is ahuge nasty offensive linemen

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I don't like the pick. I do like the two giants pick....if we managed to get one or both of those guys I'd be happy.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
I fhta'ts how the draft fell, depending if Safety Chung was still on the board, I would take the big Guard Johnson to replace Kosier and have a MASSIVE O-Line all over and just maul people othewrwise I'd take Aghobaase for a true N.T.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
If Alex Mack is still on the board (doubtful), the Boys should grab him, and grin...

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
If Aaron Curry reaches our 2nd pick and we don't take him I might go crazy. He's the best LB in this draft, and one of the best to come out in awhile.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
some of the players you were talking about, aaron curry, the playes the giants chose, i dont know about so thats why i was asking what you thought.

i am aware of chung, and i wouldnt have a problem with him either, since most likely this will be roy williams the safety from oklahoma last year with the cowboys, his contract next year is huge, and he will be 30, that means also he will be slower in the 40 yard dash too.

so i do see the cowboys taking a safety next year, just dont know what round they would try to grab one,

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Every year I target a college player that I'd most like to see in a Cowboy unifom the next year and I try to be realistic too. I try to select guys who could be available on where I expect us to be drafting.

This year that guy for me is Herman Johnson. He is a giant and has a mean streak.

Even though I feel Nose Tackle is our biggest need.

The 1 player I'd love to see go to Dallas is Rey Maualuga but we have zero chance of landing him.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2417554 said:
some of the players you were talking about, aaron curry, the playes the giants chose, i dont know about so thats why i was asking what you thought.

i am aware of chung, and i wouldnt have a problem with him either, since most likely this will be roy williams the safety from oklahoma last year with the cowboys, his contract next year is huge, and he will be 30, that means also he will be slower in the 40 yard dash too.

so i do see the cowboys taking a safety next year, just dont know what round they would try to grab one,

I was excited about Patrick Chung going into this season. I sat down to watch an Oregon game and the announcer said this... "Chung is a talented safety who excels against the run but struggles in coverage". Sound familiar?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2418080 said:
I was excited about Patrick Chung going into this season. I sat down to watch an Oregon game and the announcer said this... "Chung is a talented safety who excels against the run but struggles in coverage". Sound familiar?

That's one announce, I keep hearing he excells is BOTH run support AND Coverage and is a great overall athlete who can do it all.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2418072 said:
Every year I target a college player that I'd most like to see in a Cowboy unifom the next year and I try to be realistic too. I try to select guys who could be available on where I expect us to be drafting.

This year that guy for me is Herman Johnson. He is a giant and has a mean streak.

Even though I feel Nose Tackle is our biggest need.

The 1 player I'd love to see go to Dallas is Rey Maualuga but we have zero chance of landing him.

Yeah, plug him in Kosier's spot and our O-line would be so huge is would just waer down the defense by the 4th quarter, I wouldn't mind grabbing a huge R.T. either and make our O-line across the board the biggest the NFL has ever seen. LOL

I think N.T. is our biggest need also, I was BEGGIN to get Jenkins this off-seaosn along with Leftwich, but what do I know? LOL

I would be nice if we could land Johnson in round 2 and then trade up to get someone like Raji at N.T. since we are pretty much SET at the SKILL positions and we really need to revamp both lines this off-season.