Mock Draft Scenario - you are on the clock (from KFFL forums)

Wimbo

Reaction score
Over at KFFL, there is a guy going from team-forum to team-forum doing a mock - taking the player that gets the most votes from that team's forum with each pick. This is how it played out coming to Dallas at #11. If it plays out this way, who would you pick. Note: There are no trades allowed in this scenario, although this would definitely be a good trade scenario for Dallas to move down a few picks.

No trades.

Only Dallas fans can vote:

1. San Francisco 49ers - Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal
2. Miami Dolphins - Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn
3. Cleveland Browns - Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
4. Chicago Bears - Mike Williams, WR, So. Cal
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas
6. Tennessee Titans - Carlos Rogers, CB, Auburn
7. Minnesota Vikings (via Oakland) - Cedrick Benson, RB, Texas
8. Arizona Cardinals - Antrel Rolle - CB - Miami
9. Washington Commanders - Shawne Merriman, DE/LB, Maryland
10. Detroit Lions - Marcus Spears, DE, LSU
11. Dallas Cowboys -

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
Wimbo said:
Over at KFFL, there is a guy going from team-forum to team-forum doing a mock - taking the player that gets the most votes from that team's forum with each pick. This is how it played out coming to Dallas at #11. If it plays out this way, who would you pick. Note: There are no trades allowed in this scenario, although this would definitely be a good trade scenario for Dallas to move down a few picks.

No trades.

11. Dallas Cowboys -

Troy Williamson (a wildcard pick here might be Alex Smith, Pac-Man Jones,Cadillac Williams, Erasmus James or Alex Barron). BTW I would be REALLY ******* MAD if that happened on draft day.

JGleas

Draft Expert
Reaction score
Wimbo said:

No trades.

11. Dallas Cowboys -
I tried doing this, voting for who you want. It's not always the best choice. But, I would have to go with, wow this is looking very bad for us right now. But, wow, this is seriously hard, Spears, Merriman, and DJ all gone. Even Rolle is gone. Benson to the Vikes, why would fans want 5 RB's? Well, its either Barron or Williamson. I vote:
OT Alex Barron out of Florida State
We can grab Clayton at 20.

Wimbo

Reaction score
JGleas said:
I tried doing this, voting for who you want. It's not always the best choice. But, I would have to go with, wow this is looking very bad for us right now. But, wow, this is seriously hard, Spears, Merriman, and DJ all gone. Even Rolle is gone. Benson to the Vikes, why would fans want 5 RB's? Well, its either Barron or Williamson. I vote:
OT Alex Barron out of Florida State
We can grab Clayton at 20.

JGleas - since you are a self professed draft pundit (and I actually mean that in a good way), would you consider opening a thread critiquing the Cowboy Mocks posted in our First Cowboys Draft Prediction Contest

It would be cool if you started a thread sharing your opinion on each entry, and even cooler if a mod made it sticky!

Thanks!

JGleas

Draft Expert
Reaction score
Wimbo said:
JGleas - since you are a self professed draft pundit (and I actually mean that in a good way), would you consider opening a thread critiquing the Cowboy Mocks posted in our First Cowboys Draft Prediction Contest

It would be cool if you started a thread sharing your opinion on each entry, and even cooler if a mod made it sticky!

Thanks!
Sounds good Wimbo, I will take a look at all the mocks and give you guys my opinons of each probably tommorow night.

dstew60105

Reaction score
Wimbo said:

No trades.

11. Dallas Cowboys -

Trade the pick to the highest bidder looking for Alex Smith.

montgod

Reaction score
Wimbo said:

No trades.

11. Dallas Cowboys -

I know this is hypothetical, but I can't see the Bucs passing a RB in the draft especially with Benson and Williams still available.

Taking Troy Williamson at 11 seems too early to pick him. He would more likely drop to around 15 or so.

Realistically, I see Dallas taking a OL if the draft goes this way.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Carnell Williams.
I think he will be the very best player from this draft class when all is said and done.

JGleas

Draft Expert
Reaction score
jterrell said:
Carnell Williams.
I think he will be the very best player from this draft class when all is said and done.
Okay, Caddy could become the BPA out of this draft but, he is only 5-10 and around 210 lbs. Him and JJ as a combination would not work. We have the next at least 10,000 yard rusher on our hands with JJ, if we get a RB, it will be a big durable back to give a us a thunder-and-lighting combination like The Bus and Duce, Dayne and Tiki last year, Dayne and Griffin/Bell this year, and their are others. We will not take Cadillac, even if Barron, Williamson, and Clayton were all gone here too.