MOCK from CL_4EVER

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Tade down to second round to the Texans for their 2nd/3rd and next years number 3.
Trade our 49th pick and Ellis to New Orleans for their 2nd and 4th.
We have 2/2/3/3/4/5/6/7

2nd OT- Eric Winston (PICK 33)
2nd OLB- K.Wimbley (PICK 34) Possible that Carp or Law or both could fall.

3rd OG - C.Spencer (Pick 65)
3rd WR - G.Jennings (Pick 80)

4th C/OG - Chris Chester

5th OLB - R.McIntosh

6th NT Steve Fifta

7th WR Chris Hannon

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
1. Giving up a second and Ellis just to move up? No thanks. Plus, the Saints have two 1st round DEs, and are rumored to be interested in Mario Williams. They don't want Ellis.

2. Wimbley isn't a guard.

3. Spencer won't last till the 3rd round.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Rack said:
1. Giving up a second and Ellis just to move up? No thanks. Plus, the Saints have two 1st round DEs, and are rumored to be interested in Mario Williams. They don't want Ellis.

2. Wimbley isn't a guard.

3. Spencer won't last till the 3rd round.

And, I'm afraid that Wimbley probably won't make it out of round 1... although I'd love to get that kind of value in round 2.

I hope we just stay at 18 and take whoever Parcells and Ireland like best out of Lawson, Carpenter and Wimbley. I think it's too important to put a playmaker opposite Ware to simply risk it for another 3rd or something like that.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
And, I'm afraid that Wimbley probably won't make it out of round 1... although I'd love to get that kind of value in round 2.

I hope we just stay at 18 and take whoever Parcells and Ireland like best out of Lawson, Carpenter and Wimbley. I think it's too important to put a playmaker opposite Ware to simply risk it for another 3rd or something like that.

I agree. The only way I'd trade down is if we can do it no more then 5 spots.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Rack said:
I agree. The only way I'd trade down is if we can do it no more then 5 spots.

Right. If we're sitting there at 18 and Carpenter, Lawson, and Wimbley are sitting there... AND... this is the important part... AND if we have them all rated closely, then if we have a partner for about 5 spots back, I'm all for it.

However, if we like Lawson a lot better than the other two but still like the other two... we need to go ahead and nab Lawson at 18.

If its Carpenter they love, get him at 18... if its Wimbley, grab him. If one guy stands out to the Cowboys, they need to make it happen.

I have no idea who they like the most of those three, but I have a suspicion that there is one they really like.

I really hope all three are there at 18, that way we don't have to guess who they like best. Just like last year, we know they wanted Ware over Merriman.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Rack said:
We get an early second and a 4th...Read all please.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm trying to get a read on if we should draft a FS or not due to the Coleman signing. You all really would have been ticked had I posted my original post, which was to drop out of the 1st and acquire a next years 1, and use our next years 2 to get Ahmad Brooks in the Supplemental draft, who makes all of these Lawsons/Carpenters and Wimbleys look like trash.

Brooks, if he keeps it together, is better than any thing at Linebacker next to Hawk, IMO.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
We get an early second and a 4th...Read all please.

Still too much. I did read.

I'm trying to get a read on if we should draft a FS or not due to the Coleman signing.

We should if there's one of good value available after the 1st round.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Rack said:
Still too much. I did read.

We should if there's one of good value available after the 1st round.
What is Ellis worth to you in a trade then?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
What is Ellis worth to you in a trade then?

A high third straight up would be ideal. Maybe even a mid-late second. The dude isn't a superstar, but he's been consistently good for 4-5 years now.

Your trade wouldn't be horrible, but I think we can do better.

But, as I said, the Saints don't need a DE. Don't even know why it's rumored they like Mario Williams. Probably just smoke. I think Grant and Will Smith are solid ends. Smith is still young too. Grant should be hitting his prime about now.

I don't know how Grant usually plays, but the way he played against us two years ago... I'll take that kind of player any day.