trade our 2nd for a 3rd and 4th
trade one of their current players for a 5th

2 - C/G Maurkice Pouncey
3 - T Jared Veldheer
3 - T Rodger Saffold
4 - SS Myron Rolle
4 - FS Robert Johnson
4 - ILB Pat Angerer
5 - OG Marshall Newhouse (son of Robert Newhouse)
6 - DE E.J. Wilson
7 - FS Eddie Hicks

This draft addresses two very big needs: OL and S. We get 4 OL and 3 S prospects.

I feel that we need to draft 2 OTs, cause it is no guarantee that Flo is back next season. If Free has to be moved to starter, that would give us no backup OTs worth a squirt. Veldheer is my fave OT in the draft, with Saffold being #2. Although I am not a fan of Pouncey persay, I am a fan of his size and versatility (he can play all 3 interior OL positions). Newhouse is favorite midround OG prospect.

As far as S goes, Johnson and Hicks are both ballhawks. They have intercepted over 20 passes combined in their college careers, definitely something our D could use. I am a fan of Rolle. I want him in Dallas.

I like Angerer as the eventual replacement for Brooking. He is a complete LB. If he had better measureables, namely size, he would go in the top two rounds. However, because he slips, Dallas is able to nab their future ILB in the 4th.

EJ Wilson came out of nowhere for me. I would like Deaderick, but I feel he will be gone by the time we are on the clock in the 6th. Wilson is disruptive along the LOS. I think he improves our pass rush by freeing up Ware and Spencer more.

rkell87

Reaction score
you want 5 to 6 safties on this team? maybe if two of them have corner potential

Silverstar

Reaction score
My favorite pick is Hicks in the 7th...he reminds me of Ball.

Gotta watch all the DB's run first though, especially guys like Thomas, Mays, Rolle and Cook. The NFL is no place to be running 4.5's in the secondary these days. I'm not sold on Pouncey and Saffold, like I am on Iupati and Veldheer (2nd rounder IMO). I wanna see them in drills and especially lifting. Rookie lineman need to come in strong and work on their technique and not the other way around IMO. For example, Free definitely had to get stronger and Brewster over did it in the weight room to compensate...obviously.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3284045 said:
ya, this is pretty awful.

Half of those wont even make the team.

just trying to keep up with your putrid mocks Slate :D

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
rkell87;3284040 said:
you want 5 to 6 safties on this team? maybe if two of them have corner potential

you do realize most teams keep 5 safeties? do you feel the safeties we have right now are worth a turd? all everyone does is complain about every single one of them. So i made a mock to give us 3 new options, hoping at least 2 of them stick.

rkell87

Reaction score
Biggems;3284077 said:
you do realize most teams keep 5 safeties? do you feel the safeties we have right now are worth a turd? all everyone does is complain about every single one of them. So i made a mock to give us 3 new options, hoping at least 2 of them stick.

none of the safties you drafted are any better than what we already have(maybe rolle but he is iffy) i would rather draft one and resign sensy so you roll on gameday with ken, mike, sensy, ball, and a rookie than spend three picks at the saftey position

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Biggems;3283645 said:
2 - C/G Maurkice Pouncey
3 - T Jared Veldheer
3 - T Rodger Saffold

5 - OG Marshall Newhouse (son of Robert Newhouse).

Why so many o-linemen? If we drafted four, we'd cut atleast one maybe two.

Think about it

Flozell, Colombo, Free, Brewster and Veldheer at the tackles.
Kosier, Davis, Saffold and Newhouse at guard
Gurode and Pouncey at center

That's 11 o-linemen and jmo, I think it's likely we only keep 9

and three safties is too many as well. With Sensabough and Hamlin, we're set at SS, so even if you like Myron Rolle, there's no point in taking him. And even if you're moving Alan Ball back to CB, it's still unlikely 2 of the FSs you have make the team.