Mock

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I've been working on this since the the deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft. Enjoy

1. Miami Dolphins - Chris Long DE Virginia
This guy plays exactly how Parcells would want. 100% on every down. He comes from great genes, and is from a place that Parcells has connections to(virginia). This makes alot of sense, but also Glenn Dorsey would too. Coin flip here, but for a 3-4 defense, that theres not a franchise OLB in the draft i think you go outside in.

Other Probables:
Glenn Dorsey, Jake Long, Matt Ryan

2. St Louis Rams - Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State
This might be high for him now, but come combine this guy is going to blow minds. Gholston and Little would create a great DE duo. The natural pick right now would be Dorsey but Carriker having success might have solved their problems, and whos the better end usher, Carriker or Gholston?

Other Probables:
Glenn Dorsey, Jake Long

3. Atlanta Falcons - Glenn Dorsey DT LSU
Mike Vick in the clank, Schaub in Houston, this looks like clockwork. But there's a few vet QB's who might be available, and this QB class isnt really all that good. They do need a Tackle so Jake Long could go here too. But if Dorsey is there this is a nobrainer.

Other Probables:
Matt Ryan, Jake Long, Darren McFadden, Sedrick Ellis

4. Oakland Raiders - Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
Davis loves the playmakers. Teaming McFadden with Russell could be smart, but it can also be a Disaster. OL needs work, but they did better as the season went on. DL is now a semi-need with the retirement of Sapp. Ellis is a possibility. But of McFadden is there this looks like a lock.

Other Probables:
Jake Long, Sedrick Ellis

5. KC Chiefs - Jake Long T Michigan
This would look like a dream for the Chiefs if they could get Ryan here, but what good would that do with their OL? Certainly though Ryan could go here, but IMO a team needs to protect their QB before they can actually have a franchise QB.

Other Probables:
Matt Ryan

6. NY Jets - Matt Ryan QB BC
Could he fall this far? I think so, but if he makes ti this far he be falling any lower. With the Collasal failures of Penningtons Shoulder and Clemens just not being very good How could they not do this. If Jake Long isnt on the board, and Ryan is this is Money.

Other Probables:
Jake Long, Vernon Gholston

7. NE Pariots(SF) - Antoine Cason CB Arizona
NE is in posistion to take whoever, or trade down. Which I can see them doing if they want to. James Laurinaitis going back to school limited their options.

Other Probables:
Mike Jenkins, Ryan Clady, Calais Campell, TRADE

8. Baltimore Ravens - Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
I think is pick is already done deal unless he's off the board. The Next Mcnair.

Other Probables:
Mike Jenkins, Brian Brohm, Ryan Clady

9. Cincinnati Bengals - Sedrick Ellis DT USC
There's rumors that Lewis wants to take the Bengals into a 3-4. Even then Ellis would be a DE. Ellis is a better athlete then Dorsey IMO. Safe smart pick, that fills a very big need for the Bengals.

Other Probables:
Kentwan Balmer, Ryan Clady, Keith Rivers,

10. NO Saints - Mike Jenkins CB USF
The saints problem this yr other the the DL is they couldnt stop anyodys passing game. Jenkins is a player that could eliminate that. Another big possibility is Kenny Phillips.

Other Probables:
Kenny Phillips, Kentwan Balmer, Keith Rivers

11. Buffalo Bills - Ryan Clady T Boise State
The have other needs too, but BPA i think might be here. But then again it is the Buffalo Bills.

Other Probables:
Kentwan Balmer, Brian Brohm, Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly.

12. Denver Broncos - Keith Rivers OLB USC
Rivers is the type of LB the broncos thought they had in Webster. Kenny Phillips is a good possibility here too.

Other Probables:
Kenny Phillips, Calais Campbell, Derick Harvey

13. Carolina Panthers - Calais Campbell DE Miami
Rucker is about to retire, and they need a replacement. Teaming with Peppers they;d form a very physical edge for the Panthers. Kenny Phillips also is a very big possibiity here. Coin flip between the two.

Other Probables:
Kenny Phillips

14. Chicago Bears - Brian Brohm QB Louisville
If they dont get a vet QB via trade i think they'll look to get one of the 3 top QB's in the draft. Wether one falls or they trade up. WR is also a need. Limas Sweed would be a good fit, as would Malcolm Kelly. Desean Jackson wont, they have a KR, and have a guy who s better in Berrian. They look to being a different direction.

Other Probables:
Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly, Kentwan Balmer, Sam Baker

15. Detroit Lions - Sam Baker T USC
The OL is bad, but so are alot of other posistions on this team that isnt WR. They need DE, and a CB but i think they could handle those in FA or a trade(Roy)?

Other Probables:
Kentwan Balmer, Aqib Talib, Kenny Phillips, Jonathon Stewart

16. Arizona Cardinals - Derick Harvey 3-4OLB Florida
They get the passrushing OLB they need for their 3-4. Groves can go here also if he has good times and good workouts. There's rumors they might release Edge so a RB isnt out of the question either. Or a RB to compliment him(F.Jones).

Other Probables:
Felix Jones, Jonathon Stewart, Aqib Talib, Quentin Groves

17. Minnesota Vikings - Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma
Minnesota needs somebody to catch the ball on a consistent basis. Badly!

Other Probables:
Limas Sweed, Quentin Groves, Kenny Phillips,

18. Houston Texans - Joathon Stewart RB Oregon
Houston was killed by injuries last yr. They need somebody to run the ball eventually. But atleasat they're not regetting the passing up Bush decision anymore.

Other Probables:
Kenny Phillips, Aqib Talib, Felix Jones

19. Philadephia Eagles - Kentwan Balmer DT UNC
Phillys inability to stop the run killed them they're gtting thin at the DT spot. But dont count out WR here either.

Other Probables:
Lima Sweed, Kenny Phillips, Fred Davis

20. TB Buccaneers - Limas Sweed WR Texas
TB's inabiliy to put sombody opposite Galloway hurts them alot. Limas can provide that big WR target, and also another deep threat. Secondary help would be in the work here too.

Other Pobables:
Kenny Phillips, Aqib Talib, Desean Jackson,

21. Washington Commanders - Kenny Phillips S Miami
Can take the place of the Sean Taylor with the same skills. WR, DE, are options too

Other Probables:
Desean Jackson, Quentin Groves,

22. Dallas Cowboys - Desean Jackson WR Cal
Gives Dallas that speed factor, the deep threat, and return threat. 3 big needs that dallas lacked from 1 person. Oter possibilites could be CB, and RB. And dont count out OL.

Other Probables:
Aqib Talib, Reggie Smith, Rashard Mendenhall, Felix Jones, Jeff Otah

23. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jeff Otah T Pitt
Big and Great feet, he will fill a big need for the steelers next yr. Could ed up being the Ugoh of 08.

Other Probables:
Aqib Talib, Rashard Mendenhall, Felix Jones, Reggie Smith

24. Tennessee Titans - Mario Manningham WR Michigan
The Titans have ZERO peed on the outside, Manningham provides what they need. He needs a little weight too. Early Doucet is a possibilty here too. As is TE

Early Doucet, Fred Davis

25. Seattle Seahawks - Fred Davis TE USC
Seattle had a very good yr, but Hasselback didnt have a safety valve. They settle that this yr.

Other Probables:
Rashard Mendenhall, Felix Jones,

26. NY Giants - Early Doucet WR LSU
Toomer isnt getting younger, and Smith is a good slot wr. Doucet gives the giants that phyical wr that toomer has been for a decade.

Other Probables:
Dan Connor, Aqib Talib, Reggie Smith

27. Jacksonville Jaguars - Quentin Goves DE Auburn
Gives the Jags speed and more speed coming off the edge.

Other Probables:
Aqib Talib

28. SD Chargers - Aqib Talib CB Kansas
Losing a couple of CB's will force the Charger to either sign one or draft one.

Other Probables:
Reggie Smith, Dan Connor,

29. Dallas Cowboys - Reggie Smith DB Oklahoma
Reggie Smith can Actually Solve a lot of the Cowboys problems. If Roy is a casualty, he can fill in, if Watkins can fill in, he can fill in for him. He can Play CB, the right side or the slot. Theres just so many spots he can fill.

Other Probables:
Rashard Mendenhall, Felix Jones, Leodis McKelvin,

30. SF Niners(indy) - Pat Sims 3-4DE Auburn
He plays DT in College, kind of reminds me of Ratliff. B Young is retiring, so this could be his replacement.

Other Probables:
James Hardy, Leodis McKelvin,

31. GB Packers - Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois.
Sure they have Ryan Grant but they dont have any big needs.

Other Probables:
Felix Jones, BPA

32. NE Patriots - Forfeited

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if my kid Cason goes that high. Well, that and broken hearted. Most projections put him around 15 to 20. You must think he's really going to rise at the Combines.

I'll be shocked if we go WR in round 1. I like Desean Jackson though. He might go very high because at the Combines he's going to fly. I'd be shocked if Minnesota passed on him.

Really like Talib. If he is there at 22, I might scream if we pass on him. I kind of expect him to go very high.

Gholston that high shocks me a little but I like him a lot. I do think Dorsey is the no doubt #1 to Miami and Long will go to the Rams though.

I'm interested in why you have the Jets going QB. I think they give Clemens a year at the helm before they do that. I think they could trade up with Atlanta for McFadden.

Definitely like Reggie Smith at 29, but would be psyched with McKelvin.

Overall, you did a lot of good research. I like that you have other options listed.

Reaction score
I've been giving Talib a ringing endorsement since the early part of college football, he's a playmaker, a gambler but a true playmaker. He can return punts I believe...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1917085 said:
I'd be shocked if my kid Cason goes that high. Well, that and broken hearted. Most projections put him around 15 t 20. You must think he's really going to rise at the Combines.

I'll be shocked if we go WR in round 1. I like Desean Jackson though. He might go very high because at the Combines he's going to fly. I'd be shocked if Minnesota passed on him.

Really like Talib. If he is there at 22, I might scream if we pass on him. I kind of expect him to go very high.

Gholston that high shocks me a little but I like him a lot. I do think Dorsey is the no doubt #1 to Miami and Long will go to the Rams though.

I'm interested in why you have the Jets going QB. I think they give Clemens a year at the helm before they do that. I think they could trade up with Atlanta for McFadden.

Overall, you did a lot of good research. I like that you have other options listed.

Scott Wright of NFLDraftCountdown isn't high on your boy at all, he has him ranked 10th among CBs

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Hostile;1917085 said:
I'd be shocked if my kid Cason goes that high. Well, that and broken hearted. Most projections put him around 15 t 20. You must think he's really going to rise at the Combines.
with malcolm jenkins staying in school i think leaves openings. Cason is more versitile and can help a team more then jenkins IMO. his speed is a huge edge.

'll actually be shocked too, but i saw how dallas really suffered without a true deep threat. and dallas' inability to find a guy on the team who could scare anybody on returns. Jackson can be a big rookie in dallas opposite Owens. Imagine a younger healthier glenn.

i actually dont want dallas to have to depend on another young inexperienced player on defense. i'm actually hoping for drayton florence. if they can sign a CB in FA i wouldnt be oposed to dallas taking a guy like felix jones to just add more speed to the offense. Jackson and jones would open up alot.

i think gholstn and groves are going to rock at the combine. and i actually think groves is better. but until he shows he's over th injury i think gholston is first. i really dont think parcells passes up on chris long.

I understand clemens is a 2nd round guy, but he looked horrible, i understand he's a rookie, but come on. he kept getting bench for a guy with a noodle arm. i just dont think the jets have a qb yet.

i picked reggie smith bcause he can play so many posistions. and that could be a big bonus for dallas.

thanks for the words, glad you enjoyed.

Woods

Reaction score
I'm thinking that in FA we will pick up a veteran WR (Glenn's replacement) and veteran CB (Reeves upgrade).

I don't think JJ is going to want to rely on a rookie WR to replace Glenn. And we clearly need a 3rd CB upgrade. And I think we'll look at guys like D. Florence (sp?), for example.

Those are the team's 2 major weaknesses.

I think if we don't re-sign Flo, and I haven't heard anything from JJ (or rumors from Valley Ranch) stating that Flo is a must-sign priority thus far, I'm thinking that we may use one of those 1st rounders on an OL to hedge our bets (to some degree) with respect to Free and McQuisten.

I think an OT like J Otah would be a real possibility assuming Flo is not re-signed . . . . And even if Free ends up being the real deal and starting, Otah could move to RT and be Colombo's replacement a year later.

I'd hope we preferably go with CB with the other 1st rounder.

I think we can pick up a RB and WR in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, if necessary.

A lot really depends on whether we re-sign Flo and Hamlin. (I'm pretty confident we re-sign Hamlin, however.)

Jordan55

Reaction score
re-sign Ken Hamlin
re-sign Flozell Adams
sign CB Drayton Florence ~or~ CB Shawn Springs
extend Marion Barber
extend Chris Canty

22. Troy CB Leodis McKelvin
29. ECU RB Chris Johnson
54. Miami LB Tavares Gooden
3. SJSU CB Dwight Lowery
4. Tennessee S Jonathan Hefney
5. Missouri WR William Franklin
6. Georgia C/OG Fernando Velasco
7. Ole Miss RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Not bad, but I think a priorty would be a receiver who can stretch the field
I think Terry Glenn's playing days are numbered at this point, we need some speed at the receiver position someone with hands, not your Miles Austin

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Jordan55;1919007 said:
re-sign Ken Hamlin
re-sign Flozell Adams
extend Marion Barber
extend Chris Canty

hamlin will be in for something between 3 and 4 mil.

flo would be in line for an average top 5 money, i dont care what any of you say. he's not going to give dallas another 3 yr deal in the mil dollar range. this is his last contract he's going to want money. 7-10 mil range especially with this market.

i like the picking up of drayton florence. 2-3.5 mil a yr

baber is the wil card. do they just tender him? or do they resign him. im thinking roughly 4 mil a yr.

and then chris canty, 1.5 - 2.5 mil a yr is a possibility.

say does dallas sign thse guys, with flo using adams 18 mil in nxt yrs cap would be right at or over with these signings. signing flo i dont thinkis a option anymore. unless he's going to take a drastic paycut. which i doubt he will.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Woods;1918969 said:
I think an OT like J Otah would be a real possibility assuming Flo is not re-signed . . . . And even if Free ends up being the real deal and starting, Otah could move to RT and be Colombo's replacement a year later.

im really liking Otah too. guy is big with a very good footwork.

joseephuss

Reaction score
LatinMind;1916873 said:
I've been working on this since the the deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft. Enjoy

1. Miami Dolphins - Chris Long DE Virginia
This guy plays exactly how Parcells would want. 100% on every down. He comes from great genes, and is from a place that Parcells has connections to(virginia). This makes alot of sense, but also Glenn Dorsey would too. Coin flip here, but for a 3-4 defense, that theres not a franchise OLB in the draft i think you go outside in.

Other Probables:
Glenn Dorsey, Jake Long, Matt Ryan

8. Baltimore Ravens - Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
I think is pick is already done deal unless he's off the board. The Next Mcnair.

Other Probables:
Mike Jenkins, Brian Brohm, Ryan Clady

Those are some great points about the Dolphins and Chris Long. Could very well be the pick although the O-line has been a weak part of the team for years. Miami may try to trade down a spot or two if they can.

I don't really see too much of McNair in Woodson. I think Woodson can be an even better passer than McNair. He lacks the running of McNair. McNair was not only a good runner from the QB position, but a tough runner. He was a load to bring down. He could pass very well, but it was his running and buying time that just killed defenses. I don't see that in Woodson's game, but I will admit I have seen only a handful of his games at Kentucky and those were this season.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
joseephuss;1919298 said:
Those are some great points about the Dolphins and Chris Long. Could very well be the pick although the O-line has been a weak part of the team for years. Miami may try to trade down a spot or two if they can.

I don't really see too much of McNair in Woodson. I think Woodson can be an even better passer than McNair. He lacks the running of McNair. McNair was not only a good runner from the QB position, but a tough runner. He was a load to bring down. He could pass very well, but it was his running and buying time that just killed defenses. I don't see that in Woodson's game, but I will admit I have seen only a handful of his games at Kentucky and those were this season.

IMO woodson is the best qb in college. It's just a damn shame kentucky doesnt have a decent defense or they would have been playing for a national title. what he did in back to back games against lsu and florida was simply amazing. he completed over 60% of his passes in those two games for 665 yrds 8 tds and only 2 ints.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Not bad for the first time. I don't agree on some of the picks, but that's natural.

A few thoughts:

I don't Gholston will climb that high. He'll be a beast at the combine, but his performance on the field doesn't always live up to someone that high.

I don't think the Falcons can afford to pass up on a QB in the first. After the big three of Brohm, Ryan and Woodson, QB's take a huge nosedive in this pool. Of course, that's not to say a QB not drafted high or at all can do well (Brady, Schaub, Romo), but that's a large risk to take.

I don't see Cason going that high, but you know what CB I can see cracking the top ten? Leodis McKlevin. I think he's going to have an offseason like Ware did from Troy and see his stock skyrocket. I think the Pats would like to trade down if anything, though.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Avery;1919376 said:
Not bad for the first time. I don't agree on some of the picks, but that's natural.

A few thoughts:

I don't Gholston will climb that high. He'll be a beast at the combine, but his performance on the field doesn't always live up to someone that high.

I don't think the Falcons can afford to pass up on a QB in the first. After the big three of Brohm, Ryan and Woodson, QB's take a huge nosedive in this pool. Of course, that's not to say a QB not drafted high or at all can do well (Brady, Schaub, Romo), but that's a large risk to take.

I don't see Cason going that high, but you know what CB I can see cracking the top ten? Leodis McKlevin. I think he's going to have an offseason like Ware did from Troy and see his stock skyrocket. I think the Pats would like to trade down if anything, though.

every yr theres players who are pick way to high but go because of the combine. thats just the way it is now. why? because the drafts are so weak now. you have all these players coming out that arent ready, and you have all these sr's who are being pushed down rounds, that are ready and end up being better then then 1st round underclassmen.

i took think the falcons need a qb. which is why i said that pick is a coin flip for me

joseephuss

Reaction score
LatinMind;1919351 said:
IMO woodson is the best qb in college. It's just a damn shame kentucky doesnt have a decent defense or they would have been playing for a national title. what he did in back to back games against lsu and florida was simply amazing. he completed over 60% of his passes in those two games for 665 yrds 8 tds and only 2 ints.

I agree with you. I just don't see the McNair comparison. He reminds me more of Aikman.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I would only consider Jackson if he can get up to about 180-185.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
i don't see deall and thinks desean jackson going in the first round to us. I don't like him at all and i think he's an overrated prospect. I'm really found of donnie avery as a WR we pick up i don't think hed is a 1st rounder but his stock is rising and is some one we should look at

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Jordan55;1919007 said:
re-sign Ken Hamlin
re-sign Flozell Adams
extend Marion Barber
extend Chris Canty

22. Troy CB Leodis McKelvin
29. ECU RB Chris Johnson
54. Miami LB Tavares Gooden
3. SJSU CB Dwight Lowery
4. Tennessee S Jonathan Hefney
5. Missouri WR William Franklin
6. Georgia C/OG Fernando Velasco
7. Ole Miss RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Not bad, but I think a priorty would be a receiver who can stretch the field
I think Terry Glenn's playing days are numbered at this point, we need some speed at the receiver position someone with hands, not your Miles Austin

William Franklin can, although he might not be ready, but I think Austin is the guy to do it, '08 is his 3rd year and he's shown me enough, no, 2 drops doesn't make you an inconsistent pass-catcher

robchap628

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1920383 said:
William Franklin can, although he might not be ready, but I think Austin is the guy to do it, '08 is his 3rd year and he's shown me enough, no, 2 drops doesn't make you an inconsistent pass-catcher

In regards to Austin, it generally takes a receiver about 3 years to get acclimated to pro game. I think he showed a lot of potential this year but needs some serious work in the offseason if he wants more pt.

I'd love to get either Desean Jackson or Mario Manningham. Jackson would be an immediate threat on special teams while coming in as a 3rd or 4th receiver. Manningham showed a ton of potential as an underclassmen this and could turn out to be a serious playmeker in a year or two.