Modern Era Semi Finalists for HOF 2008

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
I wonder how realistic is it to think that for a third straight year we would get to see a Cowboy inducted? I can just hear those East Coast HOF voters crying about how too many Cowboys are being enshrined lately.

I think Haley deserves to get in. But if he does, are we sure he will go in as a Cowboy and not a 49er?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Somebody is really pushing Fred Dean, because he was a finalist last year, and a semi-finalist again this year.

Why nobody is doing the same for Harvey Martin is beyond me. There is nothing to show that Dean's career accomplishments were on a level with Martin's.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
percyhoward;1795762 said:
Somebody is really pushing Fred Dean, because he was a finalist last year, and a semi-finalist again this year.

Why nobody is doing the same for Harvey Martin is beyond me. There is nothing to show that Dean's career accomplishments were on a level with Martin's.

Dean played for the 49ERs, that's the difference.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
THUMPER;1795778 said:
And Bob Hayes.

Hayes would fall under the Senior Committee now, so he's ineligible for this list. But he's not one of this year's senior nominees, either. (He was in 2004, but he shockingly was not elected even then.)

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1795797 said:
Hayes would fall under the Senior Committee now, so he's ineligible for this list. But he's not one of this year's senior nominees, either. (He was in 2004, but he shockingly was not elected even then.)

That is a travesty. I would like to see Monk get in finally, he deserves it as well as Haley.