Video: Mojo moments in camp

Hardline

Reaction score
I was watching this video today and learned Coach McCarthy is calling what is known as Mojo moments.
It's where a signal is given randomly during practice and the players and coaches have to react to it.
Its supposed to help in pressure situations during a game.
Anyway one happens during this video.

Praxit

Reaction score
I was watching this video today and learned Coach McCarthy is calling what is known as Mojo moments.
It's where a signal is given randomly during practice and the players and coaches have to react to it.

..thanks Bud, watched it twice. .;)..

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Interesting???

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't understand the point. Are they supposed to suddenly play better or something? What are they doing different?

When I saw "Mojo Moments" I thought it was going to be highlights.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I tell ya, I’m loving what I’m seeing from the defense so far in training camp. They are dominating.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I don't understand the point. Are they supposed to suddenly play better or something? What are they doing different?

When I saw "Mojo Moments" I thought it was going to be highlights.

The didn't explain it fully but they did say neither coaches nor players know when its coming so ...
1) I assume it has a situational aspect. ie, late game drive that just suffered a negative play
2) the coaches have to get the right players on the field and call the plays
3) players have to hustle to get from where they were on the practice fields to the mojo spot
4) players have to know their assignments as there won't be time to coach them up on the fly
5) simulates a rapid fire game situation

I believe they did 3 or 4 reps on the one they showed from yesterday.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The didn't explain it fully but they did say neither coaches nor players know when its coming so ...
1) I assume it has a situational aspect. ie, late game drive that just suffered a negative play
2) the coaches have to get the right players on the field and call the plays
3) players have to hustle to get from where they were on the practice fields to the mojo spot
4) players have to know their assignments as there won't be time to coach them up on the fly
5) simulates a rapid fire game situation

I believe they did 3 or 4 reps on the one they showed from yesterday.
IDK, maybe that's all right, but it didn't look like anything was any different in the video, except the line if scrimmage. Nobody seemed to be rushing on or off the field, at least not to the point of it being a drill. Maybe the cameras were pointed in the wrong direction?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
IDK, maybe that's all right, but it didn't look like anything was any different in the video, except the line if scrimmage. Nobody seemed to be rushing on or off the field, at least not to the point of it being a drill. Maybe the cameras were pointed in the wrong direction?
the video on TC live clearly showed everyone stop what they were doing & rush to the spot.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
the video on TC live clearly showed everyone stop what they were doing & rush to the spot.
No, the video clearly showed a lot of people slowly moving, mostly toward the sidelines, then cut to a different camera focused on the offense about to snap the ball, and the guy saying, "Don't worry, we didn't miss a play..."

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Mojo risen.

That's "Mr." to you!

giphy.gif