CFZ Monday morning three thoughts

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I was fairly vocal about this game, as I was certain we could win. Take out those mistakes in the first quarter, and we damn well may have won that game.

Thought #1: Jalen Hurts is not very good. Yes, I said this all week, and some of you just about called me stupid. Did you see the game last night? I saw a QB that can't see the field, that can't throw downfield, that had time in the pocket most QB's would die for and still screw up. He was contained most of the night. Can he even throw anything other than a slant or drag across the middle? Dak>>>>>>Hurts all day.

Thought #2: Our defense is very good. We held the Eagles to 268 yards of total offense. Yes, we couldn't stop the run when it counts. Neither could they. Yes, we made stupid mistakes. I don't know if any defense could have overcome the dumb-*** mistakes we made in the first half. We have a QB that can throw, they don't. If both defenses can run on each other, the air game will decide. We have that with Dak.

Thought #3: Lane Johnson is a top-five offensive lineman in the league. He is underappreciated and doesn't get the respect he deserves. When he went out, the assault on the right side began. As I stated, Seumalo, their right guard, is their least capable starter on the line. We beat him up good last night, and Kelce constantly had to look to the right after Johnson went out with the concussion. He is the one Eagle player I always wanted on our team.

I can't wait for the rematch in our house! The Eagles will probably end up with the #1 seed if things keep going, as Hurts will rack up some yards against crap teams--you know, the same things that some of you say about Dak. I'm not saying it's not true, but Dak isn't the only QB who does this. Look around the league and see it every week.

We will meet them in the playoffs and send them home like a cooked turkey.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yeah I can out of last night with the feeling that with decent QB play and good coaching we win that game-no worries from me

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eliminate the penalties and stupid stuff. Like Moore. He is an idiot and cost us yet again.

Hard to overcome a very good team by giving them what, 4 drives stating inside our 50?

They won't beat us at home with Dak and eliminate those penalties and turnovers.
Somewhere along the way Eagles need to lose a game, and against NYG giving them a division loss.

Sydla

Reaction score
I was fairly vocal about this game, as I was certain we could win. Take out those mistakes in the first quarter, and we damn well may have won that game.

Thought #1: Jalen Hurts is not very good. Yes, I said this all week, and some of you just about called me stupid. Did you see the game last night? I saw a QB that can't see the field, that can't throw downfield, that had time in the pocket most QB's would die for and still screw up. He was contained most of the night. Can he even throw anything other than a slant or drag across the middle? Dak>>>>>>Hurts all day.

Thought #2: Our defense is very good. We held the Eagles to 268 yards of total offense. Yes, we couldn't stop the run when it counts. Neither could they. Yes, we made stupid mistakes. I don't know if any defense could have overcome the dumb-*** mistakes we made in the first half. We have a QB that can throw, they don't. If both defenses can run on each other, the air game will decide. We have that with Dak.

Thought #3: Lane Johnson is a top-five offensive lineman in the league. He is underappreciated and doesn't get the respect he deserves. When he went out, the assault on the right side began. As I stated, Seumalo, their right guard, is their least capable starter on the line. We beat him up good last night, and Kelce constantly had to look to the right after Johnson went out with the concussion. He is the one Eagle player I always wanted on our team.

I can't wait for the rematch in our house! The Eagles will probably end up with the #1 seed if things keep going, as Hurts will rack up some yards against crap teams--you know, the same things that some of you say about Dak. I'm not saying it's not true, but Dak isn't the only QB who does this. Look around the league and see it every week.

We will meet them in the playoffs and send them home like a cooked turkey.

On #2............ we gave them some short fields so it kept the total yards down. Whose to say they wouldn't have driven it on us if on some of those short drives they had were actual long drives.

The concern with the D is the same. When a team wants to jam it down our throats, I am not sure we can stop it. We cut the lead to 3, the crowd was out of the game, their offense was reeling a bit in the 2nd half and we had all the momentum. And all Philly did was take the ball and proceed to JAM it down our throats. This isn't a great D IMO until they can take a game like that and stop the run and get off the field in clutch situations like that.

Aven8

Reaction score
Hurts can’t throw and the RPO’s deal is the same thing RGknee did so well in his first couple of seasons with Wash too. The problem with it is they have it down to a T. It’s like preparing for a wishbone team in college, something you don’t see every week.

Sooner or later someone will figure it out. Take away your QB throwing picks in our territory and an awful 4th down call and this thing looks different

Relax folks.

Jipper

Reaction score
im not mad at all, after the way the eagles looked the 1st half, we made them look human in the second half. This cowboys team is going to be for real with Dak back

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
We got punched in the mouth and got up off the mat and made it a game. This L sets up a momentum swing and confidence boost IF Dak steps back in and takes the offense to another level.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Here is the problem with the RPO that Hurts does so well. Game plan next game. Spy follows the QB, but is then responsible for taking the running back, Parsons doesn't question whether there is a pitch, but hits Hurts since he is acting as a RB every time he comes that direction. When your QB gets hit enough (injured), eventually you learn to not do that in the NFL. Works awesome for a little while though.