Monday Night Notes...

Reaction score
First of all, whoever made the decision to put Tony Kornheiser on MNF ought to be shot. What a jerk! I thought they hit rock bottom with Dennis Miller, but at least Miller had something positive to say SOME TIME. It seemed like every other down, he found a way to talk about TO. It really got bad when Joe Theismann mentioned that this was a game where Parcells wanted to look at his 4th & 5th team receivers. Kornholer comes back with, "Yeah, Joe, but I'll bet the receiver he really wants to get a look at is Owens."

When was the last time Joe Theismann ever got accused of gushing over a Cowboys player? That's what this guy did. As we all know, Bledsoe was having an incredible night. So much so that even Theismann had to acknowledge it. He went on & on about the plays Drew made, as well he should have. The guy was on fire. All Kornblower could do was raze Joe about gushing over Bledsoe. Even after Bledsoe & Hurd came up with that amazing TD throw & catch, all Tony Tony Tony had to say was, "Go ahead, Joe, here's another chance to talk about Bledsoe. Go ahead." I'll bet he is either fired or gets killed by one of his co-hosts by mid-season.

Props to Pat McQuistan. Well, first, props to the Cowboys for picking this kid in the 7th rd. I know I go on & on about us not taking OL the first day, or when we do, they're duds. However, on the second day, Ireland & Co. are wizards at finding gems for the OL. I thought, for the most part, McQuistan held his own against the likes of Will Smith. Now, Smith got the best of him a couple of times, but Smith got the best of more than a few last night. #91 seemed to be all over the place. Overall, though, McQ was more than adequate. In fact, I thought he did a better job at LT his first game there than Torrin Tucker did last year. I love the way McQ battles to the end, & then some. When he sees that his man has been neutralized, he quickly looks for another target. You don't see that very often in a rookie OT.

Thank goodness Parcells is going to have a tough time when it comes to cutting WRs. Hurd is showing he's the real deal, Rector had three catches for 32 yds., and Copper had two for 32. Both Hurd & Glenn had great TD catches, especially Glenn.

How did you like how DWare handled himself in the open field against the "Anointed One", Reggie Bush? Twice Ware was one-on-one with the Saints 1st rd. pick, and twice Ware came out on top. Way to go, WareWolf! I also loved that super play where he just drove the LT back into the QB for what should have been an interception for a TD by Greg "Glue Fingers" Ellis.

Also, it looks like those nagging injuries that hampered Jason Ferguson most of last year are gone. He totally manhandled Jeff Faine-giving his teammates opportunities for plays. Man, the 3-4 sure looks great when it all comes together. All in all, just a super night for our Cowboys.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The best thing about McQuistan is that several people speculated that we took him because the draft room forgot to take his brother's name off the draft board when he was picked by the Raiders.

Reaction score
It would be easy to mistake one McQuistan for the other. Man, they are Identical! When both had their hair long, it would have been hard to tell who was who. I understand that both are tough as nails, battle to the end kind of guys, and I'm just glad we got one of them.

It was funny last night, when Thiesmann & Terrico(spelling?) were talking about Pat & Paul being identical twins, knucklehead Korndog says, "They're twins, huh?". Thiesmann says, "Yeah, Tony, we talked about that last week when the Raiders were playing". I hope the producer of the show wises up & gives this guy the pink slip. Biggest jerk ever to be on the show. Well, Kosell might have been worse, but at least there was Dandy Don there to keep him in line....haha.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Kornheiser was a lot better last night than in the opener, I thought.

Still, I think he's largely a worthless contributor in the booth.

At best, he's good for a wise crack or for asking a series of simplistic questions to Theismann.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Cogan said:
It would be easy to mistake one McQuistan for the other. Man, they are Identical! When both had their hair long, it would have been hard to tell who was who. I understand that both are tough as nails, battle to the end kind of guys, and I'm just glad we got one of them.

It was funny last night, when Thiesmann & Terrico(spelling?) were talking about Pat & Paul being identical twins, knucklehead Korndog says, "They're twins, huh?". Thiesmann says, "Yeah, Tony, we talked about that last week when the Raiders were playing". I hope the producer of the show wises up & gives this guy the pink slip. Biggest jerk ever to be on the show. Well, Kosell might have been worse, but at least there was Dandy Don there to keep him in line....haha.

Just to add to the confusion, Paul played tackle at Weber State but he's playing guard for the Raiders. Pat played guard at Weber but we have him at tackle.:confused:

I think you're being a bit hard on Tony K. He's there mostly for yuks and IMO he's generally pretty funny. He's not pretending to be a football genius and this is a new gig for him- give him a chance. I'm not usually a Joe T fan but last night I was happy Joe T was there to give our boy Bledsoe props.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I have to agree. I can't stand that crew. I didn't think it could get worse than Theismann, Maguire and Patrick but these three take the cake. Absolutely terrible. I was actually looking forward to Korn being on the show but man was I wrong.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Since Parcells has some issues with his 2nd round picks, he should trade them to move up in the Draft or to acquire more 3rd rounders from now on.

CoCo

Reaction score
1 - My recollections of Theisman are that he OFTEN gushes.

2 - I thought Kornheiser was just fine.

3 - As a trio they are hard to listen to but its early and hopefully they'll improve.

4 - Despite #3, I really don't care for Theisman and I think its gonna take a pretty strong performance from Kornheiser to keep Joe from just constantly blabbering on. Not sure if Tony will be able to do that or not. And at this point I don't like Turico at all but maybe he'll grow on me. Thesiman is old news. Hopefully Kornheiser develops.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I thought the broadcast was better this week ... maybe the Cowboys had something to do with it.

I thought Tony looked more comfortable. His Cowboy bashing was a little bit over the top especially since we all know from PTI that he's a TO Lover. He fell into the trap of giving the "public" what they wanted.

Terico was much better. He's the consumate professional but he's just not football in my opinion. He's more golf/tennis. He's still the calming force that's needed in a booth that can get out of control.

sf49rh8r

Reaction score
Cogan said:
First of all, whoever made the decision to put Tony Kornheiser on MNF ought to be shot. What a jerk! I thought they hit rock bottom with Dennis Miller, but at least Miller had something positive to say SOME TIME. It seemed like every other down, he found a way to talk about TO. It really got bad when Joe Theismann mentioned that this was a game where Parcells wanted to look at his 4th & 5th team receivers. Kornholer comes back with, "Yeah, Joe, but I'll bet the receiver he really wants to get a look at is Owens."

When was the last time Joe Theismann ever got accused of gushing over a Cowboys player? That's what this guy did. As we all know, Bledsoe was having an incredible night. So much so that even Theismann had to acknowledge it. He went on & on about the plays Drew made, as well he should have. The guy was on fire. All Kornblower could do was raze Joe about gushing over Bledsoe. Even after Bledsoe & Hurd came up with that amazing TD throw & catch, all Tony Tony Tony had to say was, "Go ahead, Joe, here's another chance to talk about Bledsoe. Go ahead." I'll bet he is either fired or gets killed by one of his co-hosts by mid-season.

Props to Pat McQuistan. Well, first, props to the Cowboys for picking this kid in the 7th rd. I know I go on & on about us not taking OL the first day, or when we do, they're duds. However, on the second day, Ireland & Co. are wizards at finding gems for the OL. I thought, for the most part, McQuistan held his own against the likes of Will Smith. Now, Smith got the best of him a couple of times, but Smith got the best of more than a few last night. #91 seemed to be all over the place. Overall, though, McQ was more than adequate. In fact, I thought he did a better job at LT his first game there than Torrin Tucker did last year. I love the way McQ battles to the end, & then some. When he sees that his man has been neutralized, he quickly looks for another target. You don't see that very often in a rookie OT.

Thank goodness Parcells is going to have a tough time when it comes to cutting WRs. Hurd is showing he's the real deal, Rector had three catches for 32 yds., and Copper had two for 32. Both Hurd & Glenn had great TD catches, especially Glenn.

How did you like how DWare handled himself in the open field against the "Anointed One", Reggie Bush? Twice Ware was one-on-one with the Saints 1st rd. pick, and twice Ware came out on top. Way to go, WareWolf! I also loved that super play where he just drove the LT back into the QB for what should have been an interception for a TD by Greg "Glue Fingers" Ellis.

Also, it looks like those nagging injuries that hampered Jason Ferguson most of last year are gone. He totally manhandled Jeff Faine-giving his teammates opportunities for plays. Man, the 3-4 sure looks great when it all comes together. All in all, just a super night for our Cowboys.

I'd take Cornheister any day over that diarrhea mouthed Thighsman!!!!

silver

Reaction score
you guys should count your blessings. i was stuck with raul alegre and some other fellow. not fun. and everytime they had the mnf crew on the screen they would cut to some far away shot of the stands. totally frustating.

Grevus

Reaction score
Hold on....I know the boys looked good. I'm really happy about it, but remember they played the saints. I expected our offense to play well. If they didn't I would be worried. What I'm really happy about is the play of our defense. Two games in a row, we looked good.