Mondays Dallas Morning news front page?

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
zrinkill;1703241 said:
No by all means ...... keep taking shots at our own players ..... I mean your last 10 post have been about how Roy sucks and Witten goes down on first contact.

I am sure posting only critical things about our star players is what being a fan is all about.

:rolleyes:

Which proves you don't read, chief.

My post on Witten started with how much I love Witten.

All you have to do on that play is watch it - he caught the pass and was stonewalled by Lofa. I was just surprised that it happened. No big deal. I wouldn't trade him for any other TE other than Gates. He's great and I hope he's here for another 12 years.

Roy? The whole thing gives me tired-head. You guys spend as much time defending him (even when you're wrong) as I do putting him down (even though at times, I may be too critical). IMO, he's the most overrated Cowboy ever. Geez, his refusal to quit horsecollaring is yet another example of his unwillingess to address his faults, but according to guys like you, he's mistreated. Whatever.

For the record, I think we're a great team, but we do have some holes, and I'm not gonna sugarcoat or turn a blind eye to our faults.

I think I'm a great fan — but, an OBJECTIVE fan.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Cowboyz88;1703265 said:
Which proves you don't read, chief.

You are right .... its now 15, sport.

Cowboyz88;1703265 said:
I think I'm a great fan — an OBJECTIVE fan.

An objective fan knows what his teams weaknesses are and hopes they improve ...... he does not make half his post on a message board about how said player sucks and needs to be benched.

Give it up with the "just an objective victim" crap.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
zrinkill;1703273 said:
An objective fan knows what his teams weaknesses are and hopes they improve ......

You crack me up...you're making my point for me.

"Hoping they improve" is actually why I can't stand Roy in the first place. You conveniently skated right over my horsecollar point. He's had a freaking rule implemented because of him as well as being fined and what does he do to "improve?" He does it again.

How does he "improve" his coverage skills? Nothing, and now the coaches have him playing LB on passing downs to compensate for his lack of "improvement."

That said, if he did improve, I'd come around on him, but I ain't holding my breath.

With higher draft status comes higher expectations. I know it (and, deep down he knows it), how come you don't?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Cowboyz88;1703289 said:
You crack me up...you're making my point for me.

"Hoping they improve" is actually why I can't stand Roy in the first place. You conveniently skated right over my horsecollar point. He's had a freaking rule implemented because of him as well as being fined and what does he do to "improve?" He does it again.

How does he "improve" his coverage skills? Nothing, and now the coaches have him playing LB on passing downs to compensate for his lack of "improvement."

That said, if he did improve, I'd come around on him, but I ain't holding my breath.

With higher draft status comes higher expectations. I know it (and, deep down he knows it), how come you don't?

You are the one making my point for me ..... everyone knows Roys weaknesses ...... why do you focus only on the things he does wrong .... your silly vendetta against Roy makes other Cowboy fans (who yes recognize Roys faults) defend him against your constant barrage of insults and barbs thrown at him .....

Just like old Edunce does with Henry .... Real fans get tired of hearing the same old crap over and over again by people who profess to be Great fans.

Personally I think people use "being objective" as an excuse to attack players they dislike.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
So waht what is your point? That football is violent? Realy? Ya don't say? Get over it. I hope he does to moss what he did to owens durring the eagles superbowl run.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
zrinkill;1703307 said:
You are the one making my point for me ..... everyone knows Roys weaknesses ...... why do you focus only on the things he does wrong .... your silly vendetta against Roy makes other Cowboy fans (who yes recognize Roys faults) defend him against your constant barrage of insults and barbs thrown at him .....

Just like old Edunce does with Henry .... Real fans get tired of hearing the same old crap over and over again by people who profess to be Great fans.

Personally I think people use "being objective" as an excuse to attack players they dislike.

Let me put it this way...trying not to flame.

When Bledsoe was stinking up the joint, didn't most of us want him out? What about Rivera? Vanderjagt?

Those guys may have been good, or even great, as some point in their careers, but as some point they became liabilities.

What's the difference with Roy? He's no better now than in his rookie year.

I know all about salary cap implications and the fact that there's probably no one better on the team now, but for at least 3 years in offseasons, there have been moves made "to help Roy improve." Drafting Watkins, signing Hamlin, declarations about moving him closer to the line, etc.

He's done OK at times and awful at others, so I keep asking is his play equal to his pay?

I feel the same about Spears and Carpenter (all high draft picks), but I think guys who play over their heads (Hurd, Crayton, Romo, Ware) are awesome, so if you see it as an "attack," then your misreading it.

Again with his status, IMO he shouldn't need so many attempts to make him better without him actually getting better.

I want my TEAM to get better, and if a player isn't pulling their weight, IMO they gotta go. GM's get paid to think the same way. Team before player.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Let me put it this way ...... The Cowboys are a better team with Roy on the field.

If we cut him there are 30 other teams he would be starting on.

How many other safeties in the league have made as many game changing plays as he has.

He has not done it this year .... that I will admit .... but for many years he was all we had on defense.

Sorry your agenda does not allow you to see that.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
"Six and Oh Yeah!"

capt.c1a10423d8eb4085a1b4688fb445ab2c.cowboys_bills_football_nydd103.jpg

TonyRomo#9

CliffnMesquite;1702732 said:
What will be on the front page?

I predict a large photo of Romo smiling in the endzone with the caption...........Return of the Jedi.
:D

Return of the Jedi.. i love it!

MagicMan

Reaction score
BRADY BUNCHED!! (with a picture of Brady under 4 Cowboys with their 6th sack of the day.....Brady has a look on his face like, "No one is supposed to touch me when I drop back to pass---didn't they get the memo?")

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
I dont know what the Dallas Paper will say but the headline of the Boston Globe will be

W T F??

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
bbgun;1703165 said:
"Cowboys Win Nailbiter; bbgun Arrested in Dateline NBC Sting."

Oh man, that's WICKED funny... got to like a man who can make fun of himself...

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Someone asked this a day or so ago...

headline.jpg

That's what I think anyway...

NEFAN1961

Reaction score
ROMO MAGNIFICENT IN WIN--TO SIGN FREE AGENT CONTRACT WITH NEW ENGLAND FOLLOWING SEASON!!!!!!.....(just kidding boys,we have a QB)