Montavious Stanley sighting in ATL, injures knee

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Skeleton crew: The Falcons could pay a price for the release of Grady Jackson. They brought in Montavious Stanley from Dallas to be a fourth defensive tackle if Jackson was let go, but he suffered a knee injury during Wednesday's practice. The team doesn't know when he will return. That leaves them with only three defensive tackles -- Rod Coleman, Trey Lewis and Jonathan Babineaux.

LINK

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Has Grady Jackson signed anywhere? Not that I think we need him... I'm just curious.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
AsthmaField;1740429 said:
Has Grady Jackson signed anywhere? Not that I think we need him... I'm just curious.

I believed he signed with Jacksonville and their DT is going to get suspended for steroid use?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;1740433 said:
I believed he signed with Jacksonville and their DT is going to get suspended for steroid use?

I had heard that Jax might sign him... but haven't heard if they did for sure or not.

Thanks for the info.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
AsthmaField;1740439 said:
I had heard that Jax might sign him... but haven't heard if they did for sure or not.

Thanks for the info.

No problem... He signed a 1 year contract October 31st.

Wimbo

Reaction score
I still hate that Stanley didn't work out here. I loved his post-draft interview.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jaguars' Stroud faces suspension, two reports say
Substance violation would result in ban of 4 games for tackle
From wire reports

November 1, 2007

Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle Marcus Stroud practiced as usual yesterday despite uncertainty about his future.

A newspaper and a radio station reported that Stroud is facing a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's steroid and related substances policy.

The Florida Times-Union and WJXL-AM in Jacksonville, citing anonymous sources, said Stroud tested positive for banned supplements.

According to the Times-Union, Stroud's "A" sample came back positive last week. The paper said he exercised his right to have his "B" sample tested Monday.

Stroud, a three-time Pro Bowl tackle who has 29 tackles and three sacks this season, declined to address the reports yesterday but said he expects to play at New Orleans.

"I'll be there Sunday," Stroud said. "I'm not here to squash rumors. I'm here to play ball. Whatever happens will happen. But right now, I'm going to focus on New Orleans. I have no comment on anything else."

It was unclear whether Stroud's reported positive test had anything to do with his rehabilitation regimen.

The NFL does not comment on any matter involving its confidential drug policy.

Coach Jack Del Rio also declined to comment.

The Jaguars might have been anticipating a suspension, as they signed former Atlanta Falcons defensive tackle Grady Jackson to a one-year contract yesterday.

Jackson had 21 tackles, including 5 1/2 for losses, and one sack with Atlanta this year.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.nflnotes01nov01,0,1506501.story

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wimbo;1740445 said:
I still hate that Stanley didn't work out here. I loved his post-draft interview.
So did I. Man I was fired up after hearing that. He had Norm Hitzges wound up tighter than an 8 day clock.