Montrae Holland faired pretty well.

Reaction score
I apologize if this is a repeat, but I felt that Montrae Holland did a very respectable job against the Seahawks on Thanksgiving. It's nice to have another big OG who can pull, as well as get out to the second level. Granted, he didn't always dominate his man once he got to the second level, but he usually did enough to at least redirect him.

It's kind of discouraging, though, to think we had to make a trade to bring in someone who could fill in or replace Kyle Kosier. With second year draft choice Doug Free & third year man Pat McQuistan waiting in the wings, you would think that at least one of them would be ready to fill in by now.

The bottom line, though, is that the organization had the incite to bring in another big ugly to do the job. Dude has some serious guns on him, and was rated the third-best OG in the 2003 PFW Draft Guide, so you know he has some skills. As in so many times before, another teams' trash becomes our treasure. If Denver would have had more patience in allowing Holland to lose the weight he gained in the off-season, (though I don't know why a professional football player can let himself get out of shape with the money they make these days), they would now have a much better "O"line than they currently possess. Way to go JJ & Co.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Free and McQ are tackles... I don't consider them failures because they couldn't take over at guard.

But yeah, it's good to see Holland is finally to go. He's perfect for Houck's style.

Wonder if Hampton has faced a combo as big as Gurode and Holland?

bigE79

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2459334 said:
Free and McQ are tackles... I don't consider them failures because they couldn't take over at guard.

But yeah, it's good to see Holland is finally to go. He's perfect for Houck's style.

Wonder if Hampton has faced a combo as big as Gurode and Holland?
Lets not leave out BIGG:star:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Montrae play pist off or so it seems, kinda like Columbo. He's a nice find..

Manster68

Reaction score
Gee, I thought some of Holland's blocks looked pretty Larry Allenesque.

He will be there permanently - I think he fits into Hudson Houck's scheme beautifly.

Let's see how he does against Pittsburgh.