Moose's commentary on team distractions

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FOX's Daryl Johnston comments during the Washington Commanders/New York Giants game:​

[youtube]RLuaXz_NDpI&ap=%2526fmt%3D18[/youtube]​

Boysboy

Reaction score
It sure didn't affect the Giants today.

Seriously-saying how all the Pacman broo-ha-ha made us lost the Cards game is a bunch of bull. The Cards aren't even a good football team that got pounded by an Eagles team that had WAY more distractions than we did.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Boysboy;2453092 said:
It sure didn't affect the Giants today.

Seriously-saying how all the Pacman broo-ha-ha made us lost the Cards game is a bunch of bull. The Cards aren't even a good football team that got pounded by an Eagles team that had WAY more distractions than we did.

It isn't about the size of the distraction - it is about how you handle it.

And we clearly did not handle the Adam Jones distraction well at all.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2453178 said:

Man come on, what does a former player (great player) know about this stuff?

We have boyboy over here, he is all wisdom.:rolleyes:

Boysboy

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2453178 said:

Well, neither did Philly. Reid got one of his assistants to tell McNabb about his benching(instead of confronting him himself). And apparently, Reid has YET to communicate with McNabb over this.

Like I said, Philly handled it far worse than we did Pacman, but they still whooped the Cards on a SHORT WEEK.:bang2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Plaxico distraction? Giants win.

TO distraction? Cowboys win.

Who cares?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2453220 said:
Well, neither did Philly. Reid got one of his assistants to tell McNabb about his benching(instead of confronting him himself). And apparently, Reid has YET to communicate with McNabb over this.

Like I said, Philly handled it far worse than we did Pacman, but they still whooped the Cards on a SHORT WEEK.:bang2:

Funny, Reid was on numerous radio shows this week where he stated HE and McNabb had several conversations about his benching.
Hmmmm what a liar Reid must be.:eek:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2453240 said:
Funny, Reid was on numerous radio shows this week where he stated HE and McNabb had several conversations about his benching.
Hmmmm what a liar Reid must be.:eek:

One more time-why did Reid get an assistant to tell McNabb about his benching in Baltimore? Why didn't he do it himself?

BTW-McNabb must have been lying then-he said it on the NFL Network prior to their game with the Cards.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2453244 said:
One more time-why did Reid get an assistant to tell McNabb about his benching in Baltimore? Why didn't he do it himself?

BTW-McNabb must have been lying then-he said it on the NFL Network prior to their game with the Cards.

Again, according to Reid who appeared on several Sirius radio shows this week HE did tell McNabb. He said they had several long conversations.

I highly doubt he would be affraid to say any thing to McNabb.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2453258 said:
Again, according to Reid who appeared on several Sirius radio shows this week HE did tell McNabb. He said they had several long conversations.

From what I heard, they talked *AFTER* the game about it, but McNabb was told in game by someone other than Reid.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2453258 said:

OK-did you even read what I posted? I said it was MCNABB who said he's yet to have a conversation with anyone about it on the NFLN prior to the Cards game. Obviously-HE LIED.

One more time-at HALFTIME in the Baltimore game, Reid got one of his assistants to tell McNabb about his benching, INSTEAD of doing it HIMSELF. Are you saying Reid showed tremendously leadership and discipline in doing so?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2453270 said:
OK-did you even read what I posted? I said it was MCNABB who said he's yet to have a conversation with anyone about it on the NFLN prior to the Cards game. Obviously-HE LIED.

One more time-at HALFTIME in the Baltimore game, Reid got one of his assistants to tell McNabb about his benching, INSTEAD of doing it HIMSELF. Are you saying Reid showed tremendously leadership and discipline in doing so?

Ok and Reid said he did it. Some one is lying. Then he stated they had several conversations about it. I doubt they waited until the next game to do so. I doubt the HC wouldn't talk to his QB about benching him.

One of the two isn't telling the truth, correct?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2453268 said:
From what I heard, they talked *AFTER* the game about it, but McNabb was told in game by someone other than Reid.
Yeah from what I recall, it was the QB coach who told him. Similar to how Chris Palmer told Drew Bledsoe when Romo took over.

Oh and +1 on the "Who cares" post.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2453281 said:
Ok and Reid said he did it. Some one is lying. Then he stated they had several conversations about it. I doubt they waited until the next game to do so. I doubt the HC wouldn't talk to his QB about benching him.

One of the two isn't telling the truth, correct?

Either way-the point I'm trying to make is that I'm VERY mystified why we can't overcome distractions and injuries, but numerous other teams can.

I mean the Plax distraction, to me, is 10 X's worse than the Pacman broo-ha-ha here last month.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2453178 said:

I think our bad stretch didn't have much to do with Adam Jones so much as key injuries to several players, the worst of which was the one that cost us Tony Romo. Dallas is 3-0 since his return.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2453291 said:
Either way-the point I'm trying to make is that I'm VERY mystified why we can't overcome distractions and injuries, but numerous other teams can.

I mean the Plax distraction, to me, is 10 X's worse than the Pacman broo-ha-ha here last month.

Most of his team is probably glad to see him go. He wasn't even the leading receiver. Not worth the trouble. We can't get by distractions because we are mentally weak in the coaching department.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2453301 said:
Most of his team is probably glad to see him go. He wasn't even the leading receiver. Not worth the trouble. We can't get by distractions because we are mentally weak in the coaching department.

Sorry I got WAY off track with this Philly nonsense...Thank You-we FINALLY agree on something!:)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2453195 said:
Man come on, what does a former player (great player) know about this stuff?

We have boyboy over here, he is all wisdom.:rolleyes:

esp. a former player who played amidst Michael Irvin and half the '90s Cowboy debaucheries

we were winning Super Bowls with the "White House"

fans and the media make far too much about "distractions"