More Dowdle less Pollard

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
There’s a lot of games to smooth some things out. Dowdle might get you some extra tough yards and pollard can be used differently.

I wanna see hunter get a carry a game as well.

Tolbert earned some more snaps and I’m happy for Gallup to get some good vibes going. They gotta find out what his role is and what he does well

Ken

Reaction score
I agree.

He is overused. He is less effective when overused.

It is criminal how they are using these backs.

links18

Reaction score
The Jones Boyz are paying Pollard big money this year, so he is going to get the carries, even if it's two yards into a brick wall.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
give dowdle more carries. Stop the madness. Just cause you were dumb and tagged pollard doesn’t mean you need to play him excessively when other back might be better!!!!!
some of you overrate back ups until they start. its a endless cycle.

BossRhino

Reaction score
Really need to see if Rico Dowdle can be Marion Barber as the lead back. We already know Tony Pollard is Felix Jones and best as a change of pace back. That's one change the team needs to start exploring next week.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
I agree, I'd like to see him used more in the red zone and short yardage situations. He seems to have a knack for running over people or just bursting thru lanes. He's really quick and shifty.

Cydios

Reaction score
I think Rico maybe getting the yards like Pollard did last year. They don't expect him to run much. We just need someone who's big about physical.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Sprinkle dowdle in a bit more as he runs with more physicality as shown on him 15 yd run where he carried the pile for about 5 yds!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The run game is in absolute shambles. We actually rushed for -37 yards under expected today

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When Jerry pays a player, he makes sure they earn it. There is no free ride in Big D.

Zman5

Reaction score
Really need to see if Rico Dowdle can be Marion Barber as the lead back. We already know Tony Pollard is Felix Jones and best as a change of pace back. That's one change the team needs to start exploring next week.
I prefer if he turns out to be a DeMarco Murray. Taking the starting job from Felix Jones after getting a start due to injury to Jones.
Murray broke Cowboy's single game rushing record in his first start and never gave the starting job back. Yeh, I'm dreaming but who knows. Miles Austin, an UDFA, did the same thing when Roy Williams the receiver went down so....

LysleE

Reaction score
Pollard is most effective being used as a change of pace RB as we saw last season when shared snaps with Zeke. I see Pollard as a finesse RB; I don’t see him as an every down RB. I think Dowdle needs more touches…he is a physical runner.What happened to Vaughn? I thought he was supposed to be this scat-back type RB and used to create defensive mid-matches.

mldardy

Reaction score
give dowdle more carries. Stop the madness. Just cause you were dumb and tagged pollard doesn’t mean you need to play him excessively when other back might be better!!!!!
Pollard was not the issue today. He had over 4ypc. Yeah go ahead and give Dowdle more carries and see what happens He is not the answer. You guys kill me with always wanting the backup to play more. 'Cooper should start', 'Tolbert needs more touches', 'insert backup needs more, more, more'. You guys love the backup until you don't.