More Pyrite

Sully

Reaction score
Once again, Jerry Jones is going to sell more worthless yellow stones called Pyrite. We know it as FOOLS GOLD.
Many of my fellow Cowboys fans have ridiculed me ( and it will continue but maybe to a lesser amount) about my analogy of the past decade(s). What is new is now Mike McCarthy is now pitching this FOOLS GOLD. And once again, there will be Cowboys fans buy this pyrite, only end up we are right here next season. I told this board that I will NOT buy into this FOOLS GOLD until this team can prove they can just get to a NFC Conference game. I was not buying that the Cowboys were going to beat Green Bay Packers. The media was pushing Dallas, majority of my fellow Cowboys brothers were buying it and ripping me because I was saying others. "Go find another team", "why are you even a Dallas fan", etc... were the attacks. And now those same fellow Cowboys that mocked me are now saying what I have been saying. Are their eyes FINALLY open? Maybe.

But I am still a Dallas fan and I know the 2024 season is going to be rough. Dak/Lamb had to have a "MVP" type season. Bland had 6 pick TDs and this team still could get to a NFC Conference game. 2024 season will be harder with a 1st place schedule. Dallas has less draft picks for the draft, less cap space and a lame duck coach. This team will be in the same position again next season.

There has been lots of bad trends at Dallas: Like GB is 6-0 vs our Cowboys @ AT&T and to throw more on this amazing stat. The Packers have more playoff wins in our own stadium with 3 wins that Cowboys do with 2.
Here is another amazing one to chew on: The Dallas Cowboys are 3-11 in the playoffs this Century ( starting in 2000 ). That is a winning % of 27%. The only team worse is the Detroit Lions with a 1-5 record. If the Lions beat the Buccaneers, the Cowboys will have the worse winning % in the entire NFL. Dead LAST.

It will not surprise me, if this team misses the playoffs in 2024. This will sink the "buy into us" ship. McCarthy will spit out the cliches of sorrow of not bring a champion to Dallas. Jerry will again, have carefully worded cliches about his continued commitment to the Cowboys fan base in winning. Though I doubt his arrogant motto that "any coach can win with the Dallas Cowboys". The media will once again mock the Dallas fans and the organization. Dak will again apologize for his shortfalls and the rebuild will begin with yet another head coach. And the pyrite will start all over again

But the Dallas Cowboys are my team and Jerry Jones dream of winning a SB without Jimmy's players is all but crushed. As the bible clearly states: Pride goes before destruction. And Jerry clearly captured his own despise

Last edited by a moderator: