Mort on ESPN

Dingo05

Reaction score
Did anyone hear Chris Mortensen last night talk about Manning's 6 ints?

He said no one around the league can think of a QB that has thrown 5 or 6 ints. on the road and still had a chance to win. For that, everyone around the league thinks what Peyton did was heroic.

Am I missing something? I can think of one. And he DID win.:starspin

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dingo05;1763732 said:

He said no one around the league can think of a QB that has thrown 5 or 6 ints. and still had a chance to win. For that, everyone around the league thinks what Peyton did was heroic.

I did hear Steve Mariucci make a simular comment on the NFL network. Saying how it shows how great that Peyton was when a QB can throw that many ints and have his team in a position to win the game in the end. 1st thing I thought of was Romo

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
haha that bothered me a little bit too

NO ONE mentioned how Tony did the same thing.

Oh well.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Dingo05;1763732 said:

He said no one around the league can think of a QB that has thrown 5 or 6 ints. on the road and still had a chance to win. For that, everyone around the league thinks what Peyton did was heroic.

Maybe Romo's father should do some politician work for his son......:rolleyes:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dingo05;1763732 said:

He's right. The other QB who did that actually did WIN, instead of just having only a "chance to".

aikemirv

Reaction score
I was waiting for Steve Young to say that he was dissapointed in Manning because he could not stop the bleeding!;)

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SultanOfSix;1763784 said:
He's right. The other QB who did that actually did WIN, instead of just having only a "chance to".

Yup, and if Romo was watching that game, I hope he called Folk up afterwards and thanked him again for making that kick (twice!).

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I dunno....

Peyton looked like a big baby sitting on the sidelines(had this pouty child look) when Adam was lining up to kick.... he looked like he had quit to me.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
When Mort worked for the Sportingnews he was very good at what he did... but as time goes by and ESPN dumbing him down...he is very close to being worthless

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Funny thing is he was talking about it on ESPN's Monday Night Countdown and Romo did it on ESPN on a Monday Night game just a few weeks earlier.:)

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
YoMick;1763801 said:
I dunno....

Peyton looked like a big baby sitting on the sidelines(had this pouty child look) when Adam was lining up to kick.... he looked like he had quit to me.

Thats exactly what I saw...it looked pretty pathetic to me.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
smarta5150;1763748 said:
haha that bothered me a little bit too

NO ONE mentioned how Tony did the same thing.

Oh well.

I thought the same as you guys initially, but I think they were talking not only about the INT's, but also falling 23 pts behind.

Our defense kept Romo in the game and we never fell that far behind.