Mosley Blog: The last Mosley Afternoon Report...ever!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys were running team drills off cards this morning, which means you shouldn't get too excited about anyone I praise or criticize.

By the way, running plays off cards means that the offense is giving the defense a certain look - and vice versa. This allows quarterbacks like Matt Baker to throw a dozen interceptions in one practice without fear of being released.

Now sit back, relax and enjoy the final afternoon report of my career:

Bill Parcells said WR Terrell Owens will not play against the Saints on Monday. He said playing Owens could take away from some of the progress he's made in practice this week. Owens' absence will provide players such as rookie Sam Hurd and Jamaica Rector with even more opportunities....Hurd had the catch of the day when he dived to haul in a deep ball from Matt Baker. When Parcells talks about rookie surprises, he's talking about Hurd, safety Abram Elam and offensive tackle Pat McQuistan...

In his New York Giants Moment of the Day, Parcells explained how the late Giants general manager, George Young, once advised him not to stand in the way of progress when choosing between talented rookies or proven veterans. The example he used was choosing a rookie named Dave Meggett over veteran Tony Galbreath...Passing game coordinator Todd Haley forced LeShaun Ward to "run to the fence" after he didn't try to chase down Terence Newman after an interception...

Rookie TE Anthony Fasano appeared to be limping after taking a shot in the back from Newman. Fasano gave Newman a look of disbelief as he came over to help him up...Parcells made Baker "run to the fence" after throwing one of his 17 interceptions (slightly embellished total)...When Hurd made the catch of the day, the sarcastic Haley asked Rector why he couldn't do that. Rector had dropped a pass across the middle a few minutes earlier. But Uncle Marvin Rector of the Uncle Marvin Report fame and the folks in Celeste, Texas, need not worry. Jamaica will have a big game Monday. I can feel it!...

When Tony Romo made a nice throw to Rector, Parcells shouted, "Bout time you threw one in front of a guy!"...Bobby Carpenter and Aaron Glenn both had interceptions this morning. Glenn raced back to one-hand the ball on a throw from Baker...Defensive tackle Samuel Taulealea and running back Demetris Summers are no longer with us...Parcells said rookie DT Montavious Stanley was a "pudge ball" when he first showed up. He said Stanley has lost close to 20 pounds since rookie minicamp...

Carpenter is playing behind Akin Ayodele at one of the inside linebacker spots. Parcells said his foot injury had slowed his progress this week...Scott Shanle is backing up Bradie James right now...Parcells has nicknamed my colleague Todd Archer "Issues Archer." Parcells keeps making up "issues" that Archer's supposedly trying to overcome...This evening's practice begins at 7 p.m. Dallas time. We'll keep you posted on the latest developments...

May the road rise to meet you.

love,
m

p.s. Headed to the Oxnard IN-N-OUT if anyone wants to buy me a burger.

Posted by Matt Mosley http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 3:03 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

T.O. out Monday

You Know Who will sit Monday against the Saints, Bill Parcells said today. More to come.

Posted by John Banks http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 2:37 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

ghst187

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Bobby Carpenter and Aaron Glenn both had interceptions this morning.

that's a VERY good sign, esp for the 3-4, to have LB's making INTs. I think if any of our LB's are going to have more than one INT, it will be Carp.

Rick_Deckard

luvtheboys
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Now sit back, relax and enjoy the final afternoon report of my career:
I must have missed something. Is Mosely leaving the Dallas Morning News? Any idea where he is going?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
luvtheboys said:
I must have missed something. Is Mosely leaving the Dallas Morning News? Any idea where he is going?
I gather it's his last practice report on the blog...