Most Penalized Team

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
We can talk about the run defense, the offensive line, Dak, and the receivers not getting a ton of separation all day but at the end of the day this is the most penalized team in the league and it came back to bite them.

The defense was getting stops early, only to commit stupid penalties that you just can't take vs good teams. They gave the Bills 3 extra possessions early in the game with a roughing of the passer, roughing the kicker, and a hit to the head on a receiver. When they aren't jumping offside they seem to find other ways to help opposing teams out. All 3 of those extra possessions ended in TDs.

There is a ton of talk about how great Dan Quinn is but his unit lacks discipline and is overly obsessed with getting to the QB.

My3Sons

Reaction score
Roughing the punter was a killer.

MM not challenging the fumble was a killer.

Kearse penalty was a killer.

Zach Martin pushing back was dumb. So, we get nothing for the guy hitting Dak. Would have put us in FG range.

It all starts with MM. The coaching was not there to win. When the opposing offense is hurrying to snap the ball and your players are telling you they recovered, throw the flag. Between that and the blocked punt, that subtracts 14 points from Buffalo. Absolute killers.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
We can talk about the run defense, the offensive line, Dak, and the receivers not getting a ton of separation all day but at the end of the day this is the most penalized team in the league and it came back to bite them.

The defense was getting stops early, only to commit stupid penalties that you just can't take vs good teams. They gave the Bills 3 extra possessions early in the game with a roughing of the passer, roughing the kicker, and a hit to the head on a receiver. When they aren't jumping offside they seem to find other ways to help opposing teams out. All 3 of those extra possessions ended in TDs.

There is a ton of talk about how great Dan Quinn is but his unit lacks discipline and is overly obsessed with getting to the QB.
Thank you for pointing that out. I'm am tired of hearing about how great Quinn is. He is a good coach but no sense in putting him on a pedestal.

Ussdelavan

Reaction score
Once in a blue moon I like what Zac did. But you are right about the only thing the cowboys are consistent at and that is penalties. Year in and year out we see stupidity from professionals killing momentum. Got to put much of blame on low expectations set by coaching staff where execution isn’t a focus.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Roughing the punter was a killer.

MM not challenging the fumble was a killer.

Kearse penalty was a killer.

Zach Martin pushing back was dumb. So, we get nothing for the guy hitting Dak. Would have put us in FG range.

It all starts with MM. The coaching was not there to win. When the opposing offense is hurrying to snap the ball and your players are telling you they recovered, throw the flag. Between that and the blocked punt, that subtracts 14 points from Buffalo. Absolute killers.
That clearly was a running into the kicker, he barely ran into the punter. But roughing gives them the 1st.

Should have thrown the challenge flag. That was on MM.

Another tricky tack call to sustain their drive.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most penalized team and STILL no improvement. That’s on MM. 100%…if he makes it to next year and it’s more of the same with regard to penalties, he needs to go….I never wanted him to begin with. ….he’s not the worst coach in the league but how many times does the guy just leaving you scratching your head?? Damn near weekly.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

Dumb players do dumb things. How many stupid penalties is Sam Williams going to commit on limited snaps?

Once you are known as an undisciplined team, the refs are looking for the calls.

The lack of holding calls on Parsons is truly a joke, because though we are certainly guilty of some bad penalties, other teams are getting away with murder. Frustrating for sure

Yesterday though— the penalties were a problem— but Buffalo just destroyed us in all three phases

For players to whine about the refs is just another indicator of their mental softness

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Most penalized team and STILL no improvement. That’s on MM. 100%…if he makes it to next year and it’s more of the same with regard to penalties, he needs to go….I never wanted him to begin with. ….he’s not the worst coach in the league but how many times does the guy just leaving you scratching your head?? Damn near weekly.
I don't see why things would change now or next year when it's been a major problem for 3 seasons.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That clearly was a running into the kicker, he barely ran into the punter. But roughing gives them the 1st.

Should have thrown the challenge flag. That was on MM.

Another tricky tack call to sustain their drive.
I loved his effort and I saw him trying to block the ball and trying not to hit the kicker at all but his momentum was to great. If he touches that ball we could have changed the game right there. Penalty given wasn't the penalty earned in my opinion as a fan.

blueblood70

Reaction score

During Pete Carroll's eight years as head coach, the Seahawks have led the NFL in penalties twice, in 2013 and 2014, both Super Bowl years. They have been in the top 10 in penalties five other times, all but one of those playoff years.
I imagine Dan Quinn might have been on those teams

but I also have to point out that you can be done you can go to a Super Bowl and back-to-back years leading and penalties you can actually win one and a matter of fact if they didn't make a dumb call at the line instead of running the ball and threw the ball they probably would have had back-to-back Super Bowls leading the league in penalties.... I know we'd like to have more discipline but you can't control some of the bad calls I mean there were four calls in that game three of them were questionable two of them were blatantly bad out of those 3... So again kinda hard to play football at full speed and aggressive and then have penalties called against you that sh....been called it just happened it's the game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Most penalized team and STILL no improvement. That’s on MM. 100%…if he makes it to next year and it’s more of the same with regard to penalties, he needs to go….I never wanted him to begin with. ….he’s not the worst coach During Pete Carroll's eight years as head coach, the Seahawks have led the NFL in penalties twice, in 2013 and 2014, both Super Bowl years. They have been in the top 10 in penalties five other times, all but one of those playoff years.in the league but how many times does the guy just leaving you scratching your head?? Damn near weekly.
During Pete Carroll's eight years as head coach, the Seahawks have led the NFL in penalties twice, in 2013 and 2014, both Super Bowl years. They have been in the top 10 in penalties five other times, all but one of those playoff years.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I imagine Dan Quinn might have been on those teams

but I also have to point out that you can be done you can go to a Super Bowl and back-to-back years leading and penalties you can actually win one and a matter of fact if they didn't make a dumb call at the line instead of running the ball and threw the ball they probably would have had back-to-back Super Bowls leading the league in penalties.... I know we'd like to have more discipline but you can't control some of the bad calls I mean there were four calls in that game three of them were questionable two of them were blatantly bad out of those 3... So again kinda hard to play football at full speed and aggressive and then have penalties called against you that sh....been called it just happened it's the game.

So I guess Pete Carroll sucks too and I bet if I want to do some deep research there's a lot more teams that had a lot of penalties that have went to Super Bowls you act like Mike McCarthy somehow has the most undisciplined ever oh I didn't want him anyway oh I'm sorry that this coach brought you back-to-back to back double digit win seasons with the playoffs I mean I'm so sorry it's the best coaching job that's been done here with the Cowboys since the mid 90s literally is and this isn't all I'm Mike McCarthy what is he supposed to do with a bunch of millionaires you are you telling me that you think if this was Jimmy John's team he he benched starters like he would put superstars on the bench or suspend them or cut them from the team over penalties or will he simply ask the team to tighten it up and stop doing it and then it happens you also can't control what the referees do they calling some of these that are ticky tack Gray area calls that are not undisciplined I'm sorry but that hit on jayron curse and on Josh Allen Mr. la flop was a bunch of crap and you know it... So let's hear how badly you didn't want Mike McCarthy and maybe we should have stuck with oh I don't know Jason Garrett oh wait a minute who are the other ones I believe they went to the Jacksonville Jaguars was that Myers who was bad whoever went to Carolina I can't remember now because there are two coaches later they're still bad oh and you wanted the coach from Washington that you want Rivera because I remember that hiring process every single coach you want it this place wanted over Mike McCarthy were terrible Mike McCarthy was the best hire that year, GO look it up.

Show me all the hires from that season that were available and that you wanted over Mike McCarthy that had any kind of success at all

I can tell you from memory that Mike McCarthy was the best higher his production and success here with the Dallas Cowboys says he was the best higher at the time...

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Lawence with his ridiculous roughing penalty got the ball rolling! What is wrong with these idiots who think it's okay to give a little extra shove on a play that was BASICALLY OVER! This is a bad undiscipline team that MM & Quinn have done nothing to fix the issues that seem to be happening on a weekly basis. Quinn would be smart to take the first HC offer before this team crashes and burns in the first round of the playoffs.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Doesn't matter who the coach is Cowboys always the most penalized. Remember Flozell Adams?
LOL. Yall still think it's about undisciplined players. The NFL uses the the refs to control the momentum. It is how they punish Jones for his pompous ways.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
I loved his effort and I saw him trying to block the ball and trying not to hit the kicker at all but his momentum was to great. If he touches that ball we could have changed the game right there. Penalty given wasn't the penalty earned in my opinion as a fan.
Roughing the kicker is supposed to be a trucking, or taking out of the plant leg. He ran into the kicker while trying to avoid contact. I knew right then we wasn't going to win.

Praxit

Reaction score
.. with saying that, there goes the theory that even if your highly penalized team, it shouldn't stop you from going places if you're good.