Movie: History of Violence

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Aikmaniac said:
Anyone seen this yet? It looks good.

This movie was horrible, in my opinion.

I've never been a fan of movies that move at a slow pace...and this one takes the cake.

There's many plot holes that make you go, "Why?"

The acting was very good, but the directing needed an overhaul. I know this one's getting rave reviews, but I certainly didn't like it at all.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I mean to check it out just to see Ed Harris' performance (best actor never to have won an Oscar, imo)

How was he?

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ed Harris was great as usual. The most underrated actor in Hollywood.

It's not the acting that was bad...it was how it was directed. Some have said that this director has this type of style and if you expected it, then you'll think it was a fantastic film.

I didn't, and I thought it was just plain bad. So much potential there.

Let me tell you this, if you go into it thinking it's a "thriller", you'll be as disappointed as I was.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
OT techanical question

Aikmaniac.

In your first post in this thread you don't have a sig then in the rest you do how is that? any time I change my sig it changes it for all my posts so I'm wondering how your's did this. I'm just wondering I thought it was odd thats all....

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Haven't seen it yet, but I will.

And Ed Harris is a great actor...Love to watch him all the time.

It never ceases to amaze me how someone like Ben Affleck can get starring roles in dud after dud and people like Harris are always supporting actors.

I know probably the Hair :D but the guy can flat out act!

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jksmith269 said:
OT techanical question

Aikmaniac.

In your first post in this thread you don't have a sig then in the rest you do how is that? any time I change my sig it changes it for all my posts so I'm wondering how your's did this. I'm just wondering I thought it was odd thats all....

Wow...I really don't know. Maybe I posted the sig after I started the thread?

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Aikmaniac said:
Wow...I really don't know. Maybe I posted the sig after I started the thread?
Normall when you change your sig it changes your sig on all posts you've made it doesn't normally matter if the post is weeks, months old it changes the sig. Thats what I thought was strange....