Muhammad Ali wallpaper...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing some more of these....the guy was phenomenal...even after losing the best 3 1/2 years of his career...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
trentmonster said:
He's from the mean streets of Louisville, you know! :grin2:

I know more about the guy's life than any human being walking the planet... :)

12 years old....got his bicycle stolen...told a cop about it...and that he was going to beat up the kid who did it...and the cop told him he had better learn to fight first...and so it began.

trentmonster

Reaction score
I'm sure you know more about him than I do and I grew up about 10 miles from where he did!! I have a friend who's met him that sings his praises though. Very nice guy from what I'm told. :)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
trentmonster said:
I'm sure you know more about him than I do and I grew up about 10 miles from where he did!! I have a friend who's met him that sings his praises though. Very nice guy from what I'm told. :)

Hey...ya know...he was right when he said he resurrected boxing...and ya know...if you look at the guys who do their celebration dances in the endzone...and the trash talking, it all began with Ali...

But ya see, the difference was, Ali was bright and witty...and it was always done kiddingly (OK except for when he took Ernie Terrell apart for not calling him by his new name)...the guys since then have all been imposters..

Also, agree or not...he gave up the best 3 1/2 years of his career for something he believed in...AND it would have been easy...he would have gone around, done some exhibitions on different bases, etc...he never would have seen action....yet he stood by his beliefs....we dont' see that much anymore...

Tillman was a great example in the reverse...he also stood for what he believed and regardless of the stance, I admire both men very much for sacrificing for what they believed in...taking a stand...today, we take polls before expressing our view points...