My almost complete off season grades.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
I call it almost complete cuz we still have the June cuts where we might find some more players for this team.

Free Agency. I really do not see how we coulda done better. A great FA with some impact players added. Lets just hope that T.O. keeps good.

A+ in FA.

Draft. Yes we did get some talented players but I do not think this was that good of a draft. Talent has nothing to do with it either. It is just that this team needed some young talent on the OL and round after round we passed on some talented OL.

IMO I think Carpenter has Pro Bowl talent. Pat Watkins might be the steal of the 2006 draft. Do not be surprised if Dallas plays him at WR more and more. This guy has great speed for 6'5" and 41" hops to go with it.

We have so much talent on defense already that at least ONE pick on the 1st day shoulda been used for OL. Hopefully one of these days we will make a serious run at OL and get serious about it.

Overall I would give our offseason a grade of B-.

Maybe with some luck in June a team that is real deep at OL will let a good OL or 2 go and we can get it done then.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Anyone giving this draft a D, has no clue.

Carpenter alone is worth a solid B.

But giving Zim some talent only hurts the old agenda I guess.

mschmidt64

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Draft. Yes we did get some talented players but I do not think this was that good of a draft. Talent has nothing to do with it either. It is just that this team needed some young talent on the OL and round after round we passed on some talented OL.

Yeah, getting talent in the draft sucks.

That's genius.