My Concerns for tonight!

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
My biggest concern tonight is the coaching. Specifically, the OL Coaching. Now I know alot on this board are really down on the OL right now, but guys, this OL is NOT that bad. On talent level, this OL is night and day from last years edition. I just hope that the coaching staff realize that their scheme is severely flawed and just go back to basic OL blocking schemes. When a OL does things that he has been taught not to do since he started playing this game, that tells me he has been taught to do it and that is scheme and coaching.. not the OL fault. Get back to basics,, and this OL is good enough to get the job done.

My other concern is of course the QB play. I like Romo and I think he has a bright future. But this is the NFL and its a different beast than anything he has done before. At times last week, he looked a little overwhelmed at the speed of the game, which can not be simulated in practise or preseason. I think he will adjust and be solid back there, but there will be some growing pains, I just hope the average fan sticks behind this kid.

I think some of you will get your wish as far as the D is concerned tonight. We will play a more aggressive style. We do not want to leave our corners in coverage against Smith for long periods of time,, the front 7 have to generate pressure tonight or we will lose. No secondary can cover WR for 5-6 seconds,, if we don't have pressure, then we will lose. I think BP knows this and will bring some heat tonight.. if it is needed. Ware is going up against a guy he should beat at will.. so blitzing may not be required.

Just on a side note.. who else thinks its good that the kid is starting his first 3 games on the road? I do!! I would hate for him to struggle and get booed off the feild by the home crowd... I think this is a perfect time to start the kid,, let him take his bumps on the road.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!![/quote said:
Yup. But I hope it's better Football than I saw Last Monday Nite.

But I'm With Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:starspin:panthers:

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;1124078 said:
Just on a side note.. who else thinks its good that the kid is starting his first 3 games on the road? I do!! I would hate for him to struggle and get booed off the feild by the home crowd... I think this is a perfect time to start the kid,, let him take his bumps on the road.

You know, that's a great point but judging by what we've seen thus far, the fans know Bledsoe is done and have no choice but to support Romo. I am excited about it. Romo strikes me as the kind of guy that wouldn't lose his confidence even if he played badly on a series or the boo-birds came out. Just a feeling on my part.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboy4ever;1124078 said:
My biggest concern tonight is the coaching.
It's completely disappointing to me when I look at our team and think the weakest link is our coaching staff. I can't be more disappointed in them. We are outcoached in almost every game. I was a huge BP supporter when he got hired and really thought he could turn us into a super bowl team.

While I love the new talent and think our roster is much improved, our play doesn't reflect anything like what I thought we would see after 4 years. BP coaches like this is 1986 instead of 2006 and we are underprepared and undercoached in every area.

I, for one, will be thrilled when the entire staff is let go at the end of the year. Aside from a couple of coaches, I would completely clean house. If Bledslow got benched for making the same mistakes over and over, this coaching staff should be let go for the same reason.

ghst187

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1124096 said:
It's completely disappointing to me when I look at our team and think the weakest link is our coaching staff. I can't be more disappointed in them. We are outcoached in almost every game. I was a huge BP supporter when he got hired and really thought he could turn us into a super bowl team.

While I love the new talent and think our roster is much improved, our play doesn't reflect anything like what I thought we would see after 4 years. BP coaches like this is 1986 instead of 2006 and we are underprepared and undercoached in every area.

I, for one, will be thrilled when the entire staff is let go at the end of the year. Aside from a couple of coaches, I would completely clean house. If Bledslow got benched for making the same mistakes over and over, this coaching staff should be let go for the same reason.

I'm sad and embarrassed but i have to agree :banghead:

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Its not the coaching...its the turnovers.

And the turnovers are from our QBs!

This team is loaded with talent.

Stop the turnovers and the wins will add up.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
eduncan22;1124116 said:
Its not the coaching...its the turnovers.

And the turnovers are from our QBs!

This team is loaded with talent.

Stop the turnovers and the wins will add up.
That isn't going to make any difference in the way we play D or special teams.