RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
My wishlist for the Cowboys would be::

Free Agency::

Height: 6-3
Weight: 224

Information::

Played in 142 games and started in 128 games. In Terrell Owens who career he had 716 receptions and 10,353 receiving yards with a 14.7 yard per catch average and 101 touchdowns.

His last season with the Philidelphia Eagles:iggles: Terrell Owens played 7 games and started in 7 games and ended the season with 47 receptions with 763 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns average a 16.2 yards per catch and had a career long catch with 91 yards which actually was on former Commander:dissskin: Champ Bailey.

What to expect if he signs with Cowboys::

Expect somebody to help Drew Bledsoe from getting sacked just about every play. Bledsoe actually looks down field for big plays and Terrell Owens knows how to get open. I believe from looking at how the Cowboys play and how Terrell Owens play he could be a very big impact on the team in helping us get to the super bowl with his ability to get open.

and

With Receivers like Terry Glenn, Keyshawn Johnson, and Patrick Crayton I also believe that this could open them up more.

This could open Jason Witten up for bigger plays as Dallas Cowboys starting tight end

Our Runningbacks could be more vulnerable to more rushing yards.

The Dallas Cowboys offensiveline probably will have to do less work.

Last but not least T.O. will balance out our offensive system.

>NEXT FREE AGENT LAVAR ARRINGTON
>FOLLOWED BY JULIAN PETERSON
>ADAM VINITERIAN
>MIKE WILLIAMS
>NFL DRAFT

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
FREE AGENCY::

LAVAR ARRINGTON

Height: 6-4
Weight: 260

Lavar Arrington played in a total of 78 games and has 398 tackles, 332 solo tackles, and 66 assist tackles. Over Lavar Arrington career he stands at 35 pass defelection 3 interceptions not including the interceptions in the playoffs, 22.5 sacks, 10 forced fumbles, and 1 Touchdown.

How Can He Help The Dallas Cowboys?::

Well with his play reconition skills he could help the Cowboys pass-rush bolster this upcoming season. He could actually confuse some offenses with his roaming around the field ability.

I think that Bill Parcells will play him like he played Lawrence Taylor. Let him do his own thing. I think this could benefit the Dallas Cowboys and Lavar Arrington both because of the freedom to help the Dallas Cowboys out in coverage or pass-rushing plays.

In a 3-4 defense Lavar Arrington could play Defensive End and Outside Linebacker. This could help the Cowboys show new techniques like the Pittsburgh Steelers to get to the Quarterback faster and cause more turnovers.

With Lavar Arrington being young, I feel as a fan he could be a contributor now and down the line because he has alot of NFL experience. Cowboys could also benefit with Lavar Arrington as a teacher of some of the other young linebackers in our defense.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
FREE AGENCY::

Julian Peterson

Height: 6-3
Weight: 235

Played 79 games had 291 tackles with 21.5 sacks, also he had 5 interceptions, and 33 passes deflected. He forced 7 fumbles and ran one back for a touchdown.

What would Julian bring to the Cowboys team?::

Julian Peterson would bring a total pack to the Dallas Cowboys. He brings the pass-rush, the coverage and the ability to jam the wide receiver at the line of scrimmage. He's a natrual playmaker that could free up Demarcus Ware with his pass-rushing ability and he could help the Conerback if there is any missed assigments with his speed.

Peterson is very fast and catch check some of the elite wide receivers in the NFL step for step. He also shuts tight ends down diffently playing inside linebacker. He plays all the linebacker positions...

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Free Agency

Adam Vinatieri

Height:: 6-0
Weight:: 202

Played in 160 games, on field goals from 1-19 he is 6 for 6, on field goals from 20-29 he is 103-107, on field goals from 30-39 he is 76 for 92, on field goals from 40 to 49 he is 70-99, on field goals 50+ he is 8 for 17, and he has a 81.9 percentage on kicking field goals. On Extra Points Adam is 367 of 374 which is a 98.1 percentage of extra points. Adam longest field goal is 57 yard field goal.

How can Adam help the team out?::

With the Dallas Cowboys situation with kickers losing games, not being consistent, and just not getting game winners when needed was a problem. That's where Adam comes in.

He's consistent and helps diffently when under pressure. If we need some games won by a kicker he will be there to do it... point blank.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Free Agency

MIKE WILLIAMS

Height:: 6-6
Weight:: 360

Mike Williams been in and out. Not really your typical 4th pick. He played in 51 games and started in 48 games. Is a mauler and has quick feet.

How can he help the Cowboys?::

With his size, strength, running block ability, and pass-blocking ability. A down fall to him is his longjevity to stay healthy. In the past that has been a problem, I feel Parcells could actually be the coach that elevates this player durability.

I think with his past, his price wouldn't be high as a dominate offensive-tackle, he's a middle range player... around the 15 million dollars for 5 years... with around a 5 million dollar signing bonus or less than that...

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
That's a solid wish list. I doubt we could get Peterson and Arrington though. Both are intriguing pick ups. Lavar has the bigger build more suitable for the 3-4, but I believe he lacks on-the-field discipline, and the last thing we need is a LB that is constantly out of place and leaving Roy and whoever we get at FS to make up for his missed assignments. If he does become a Cowboy, lets just hope that his gambling brings more reward than regret.

Peterson, on the other still may not be 100% and he is a little small for a 3-4 LB IMO. But he is very talented and I have no doubt that he would be a major improvement to our LB core.

Also, another player of interest could be Willie McGinest. Even though he is old, he brings tons of 3-4 experience that none of our current LBs have, plus he is a Parcells player. He seemed unstoppable in the playoffs last season, and we need a solid player like that. But because of his age, one year deal should fit him if he joins the squad.

As for Mike Williams, we need all the help we can get on the O-line, and I would gladly welcome him if we do sign him, but there are better options out there IMO.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
I dont think we have ebough to get all those big named FA's, we'd be AUTO superbowl contenders if we got them though!!!!!!!!!

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
THE NFL DRAFT

18th PICK::

Lendale White

66825.jpg

Height:: 6-1
Weight: 240

Information:: He runs a 4.50 in the 40 yard dash, has outstanding size and lower body strength, he can catch out of the back-field, and he's a threat in the goal line. His three years with USC he has rushed for 3,228 yards, he had 52 rushing touchdowns, his average yards per carry is 6.0 but what I notice was he increased that average from year to year 2003 he had 5.5 2004 he had 5.6 2005 he had a 6.7 average.

Why should the Dallas Cowboys draft him?::

He puts a powerback presence on our team that we didn't have since Herschal Walker. Now LenDale he know how to do it all,just like Marion Barber, he knows how to rush the ball, catch the ball and he blocks very well.

I think the Dallas Cowboys will benefit from this with a Herschal Walker like presence in the back-field and I figure when Parcells wants to deactivate the fullback, LenDale could fill that spot in. So the Dallas Cowboys actually getting some one who fits the mode of a full back and a runningback.

Other Possiblities for this pick::
Vince Young
Jimmy Williams
H.Ngata

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Mine is rounding into form
Akin Ayodele ILB Jacksonville
Willie McGuinnest OLB Patriots
Jason Fabini T Jets
Fred Beasley FB 49ers
Sam Adams NT Bills

Draft
Manny Lawson OLB NCState
Donte Whitner S Ohio State
Dominique Byrd TE USC
Jeff Webb WR SDSU
Marcus Maxey CB/S Miami
Jami Hightower OT Texas A&M

Rudy

Reaction score
I'm right there with you on Akin Ayodele, Fabini, and some of the others. Sam Adams is supposedly likely to be back in Baltimore, and while we could use him greatly, I doubt they'll tie up that much money in the nost tackle position.

I like Dominic Byrd but he woudn't really help us at all. More of a reciever than a blocker - exactly what we're losing in Campbell.