My day 2 thoughs

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
-Marshawn Kneeland.

Value based on media projections, but I viewed him a little later. "Can live with it" pick for me. He should be a good player, but the pass rush ability isnt there now. Probably reminded Zimmer of Danielle Hunter. Hunter was a hair on fire guy with no pass rush ability coming too. Hunter was a better athlete though. Write ups on him note that he is better standing up than with his hand in the dirt. Thats interesting for a player his size. I think if you can unlock pass rushing ability, improving him out of a stance is a good place to start

- Cooper Beebe

When he got talked about yesterday, I thought there was a good chance he wouldn't make it to 56. 73 is incredible value. Noted as not a great althete, but he also has 30% body fat. Turning that into muscle should make him far more agile. The talk was moving him to OC, and thats what I expect. Considering what we have, I expect him to be our 2024 starter there. Tough, strong interior brawler who will look good in between Martin and Smith.

-Marist Liufau

The hope Im wrong pick. Im not seeing what they see here. Not very productive at ND (3.8 tackles per game the last two years). I don't really see a player with very good instincts in the run, which is what we needed. He lookes like a suboackage/ST LB to me. Nice thing to grab in the 5th, but not in the 3rd when guys like Marshawn Lloyd, Peyton Wilson, Tez Walkee, TJ Tampa and Jaylen Wright were available

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
-Marshawn Kneeland.

Value based on media projections, but I viewed him a little later. "Can live with it" pick for me. He should be a good player, but the pass rush ability isnt there now. Probably reminded Zimmer of Danielle Hunter. Hunter was a hair on fire guy with no pass rush ability coming too. Hunter was a better athlete though. Write ups on him note that he is better standing up than with his hand in the dirt. Thats interesting for a player his size. I think if you can unlock pass rushing ability, improving him out of a stance is a good place to start

- Cooper Beebe

When he got talked about yesterday, I thought there was a good chance he wouldn't make it to 56. 73 is incredible value. Noted as not a great althete, but he also has 30% body fat. Turning that into muscle should make him far more agile. The talk was moving him to OC, and thats what I expect. Considering what we have, I expect him to be our 2024 starter there. Tough, strong interior brawler who will look good in between Martin and Smith.

-Marist Liufau

The hope Im wrong pick. Im not seeing what they see here. Not very productive at ND (3.8 tackles per game the last two years). I don't really see a player with very good instincts in the run, which is what we needed. He lookes like a suboackage/ST LB to me. Nice thing to grab in the 5th, but not in the 3rd when guys like Marshawn Lloyd, Peyton Wilson, Tez Walkee, TJ Tampa and Jaylen Wright were available
I can live with the first 3 picks.....but that last pick..............Oh boy :thumbdown:

Like I have been saying for years now.....Wil McClay is really over rated.....

It's our lack of quality depth that is killing us....and you get that in the mid rounds. Too many misses to keep him around.

Carson

Reaction score
I can live with the first 3 picks.....but that last pick..............Oh boy :thumbdown:

Like I have been saying for years now.....Wil McClay is really over rated.....

It's our lack of quality depth that is killing us....and you get that in the mid rounds. Too many misses to keep him around.
It’s because this team is so focused on “position flex” and upside players they refuse to get the BPA

Guyton - RT,LT but raw with intangibles

Kneeland - DE, DT great measurables. But is literally Chauncey Golston, Fehoko, Tyrone Crawford

Cooper Beebe - Played guard and tackle. Will push him to start center. Great value but another “let’s plug a guy into a position he’s never played instead of drafting a true center”

Liufau - Can play OLB or MLB. Two rounds too early and nothing eye popping. Don’t see how you have top 30 visits with Wilson and Gray and can try to sell us on this

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s because this team is so focused on “position flex” and upside players they refuse to get the BPA

Guyton - RT,LT but raw with intangibles

Kneeland - DE, DT great measurables. But is literally Chauncey Golston, Fehoko, Tyrone Crawford

Cooper Beebe - Played guard and tackle. Will push him to start center. Great value but another “let’s plug a guy into a position he’s never played instead of drafting a true center”

Liufau - Can play OLB or MLB. Two rounds too early and nothing eye popping. Don’t see how you have top 30 visits with Wilson and Gray and can try to sell us on this
On guy I compared Kneeland is Daryl Tapp. Solid player, but was worth a 2nd round pick?

raven55

Reaction score
this draft is a d in my books the 1st round was a dart throw and not much better through the rest of there draft what it all comes down to they have nobody in the fo that knows what there doing and this has been this way for the last 29 years so no meaningful playoff games for the next 29years if at all

cnuball21

Reaction score
-Marshawn Kneeland.

- Cooper Beebe

-Marist Liufau

Agree for the most part but think Kneeland is a good pick. DE was a sneaky need and after doing some more digging on him he seems to be pretty underrated.

Elite run defender and good pass rush metrics although the sack / pressure total wasn’t very high. 25% win rate on 3/4 down.

Carson

Reaction score
Agree for the most part but think Kneeland is a good pick. DE was a sneaky need and after doing some more digging on him he seems to be pretty underrated.

Elite run defender and good pass rush metrics although the sack / pressure total wasn’t very high. 25% win rate on 3/4 down.
I will say this, this team is mean now.

Guyton, Kneeland, Beebe, Liafau are some bullies

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Great 1st 3 picks. Scratch your head pick on the LB from Notre Dame. I am floored that folks don‘t see it in Kneeland. If you can find the Senior Bowl coverage and write ups. Check it out. Look at Dane‘s write up on him. This kid is big and athletic. Violent player on the Edge. And most feel his best football is ahead of him. How many snaps and production did we lose with Armstrong and Fowler ? This kid was exactly what we needed.

raven55

Reaction score
mean till they start playing meaner teams like the ones they will start playing and losing to so about mid season after about 4 or 5 or maybe 6 loses all you dreamers will come to your sense's and come to realize dallas fo is a bunch of dummies

morasp

Reaction score
They got their Dawgs on defense and improved the OL.

Gambit

Reaction score
but not in the 3rd when guys like Marshawn Lloyd, Peyton Wilson, Tez Walkee, TJ Tampa and Jaylen Wright were available
TJ Tampa slide is surprising I don't think Wilson was on their board.
How many snaps and production did we lose with Armstrong and Fowler ?
Exactly this. DE was much bigger need than many talked about. Wouldn't be shocked to see a double dip there to be honest.

Wil McClay is really over rated.....
That pick was all but traded and a National Scout was very passionate for I'm guessing the LB. But you want to blame Will odd.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I don't love the Kneeland pick, but he's got talent, and there wasn't a really obvious BPA in that situation. The board just didn't break very well for us there. I'm wiling to bet that Kneeland truly was the FO's throw-up-their-hands BPA pick.

Beebe was a really strong choice. He was a nice find with our extra 3rd. Just a steady Eddie who's going to end up starting in the league, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ultimately finishes with a better career than Guyton.

I've liked Liafau for a while, but I think there were better options available. Payton Wilson is probably worth a swing for the fences in the late 3rd, whereas Liafau is a single-hit sort of guy. And Jaylen Wright is a pretty good talent at running back. That was kind of a meh pick. It makes sense, it's not upsetting, but it's not making me stand up and cheer either.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
-Marshawn Kneeland.

- Cooper Beebe

-Marist Liufau

Kneeland-the team was very serious about drafting Darius Robinson in rd 1. Heard Greg Ellis say he reminded him of himself, that he has DLaw type of traits. Clearly this pick was used to prepare for DLaw's departure in another season. Kneeland is more of a run defender at this juncture but has some upside to become a balanced player. Many projected him as a top 40 selection and he was #2 on Kiper's best available board.

Beebe-my favorite player they drafted. Excellent in the run game, plays with attitude and can play multiple spots, Many regarded him as the best Guard in the entire draft. They probably will see if he can play Center, but this is another pick with the future in mind as Zach Martin's days as a Cowboys are coming to a end soon. Figure Beebe/Bass play a role for the future interior spots.

Liufau-like most, he was a reach by media scout standards as we saw him more as a mid-day 3 player. However, this year's linebacker class wasn't deep what so ever. First of all, Payton Wilson most likely was off their draft board, teams who needed linebacker help also passed on him multiple times. Cedric Gray either has an injury or NFL teams aren't as high on him. With both those two not in consideration, it's more which flavor of ice cream do you like? Heard that he was calling out the plays before the snap at the Shrine practices. Belt/Broaddus believe he is a green dot player in the future.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I don't love the Kneeland pick, but he's got talent, and there wasn't a really obvious BPA in that situation. The board just didn't break very well for us there. I'm wiling to bet that Kneeland truly was the FO's throw-up-their-hands BPA pick.

Beebe was a really strong choice. He was a nice find with our extra 3rd. Just a steady Eddie who's going to end up starting in the league, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ultimately finishes with a better career than Guyton.

I've liked Liafau for a while, but I think there were better options available. Payton Wilson is probably worth a swing for the fences in the late 3rd, whereas Liafau is a single-hit sort of guy. And Jaylen Wright is a pretty good talent at running back. That was kind of a meh pick. It makes sense, it's not upsetting, but it's not making me stand up and cheer either.
If they were considering Darius Robinson in rd 1, this suggest they really wanted to add another Edge this year. Remember, they lost Armstrong/Fowler and DLaw is on his last yr of his contract.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

We cannot complain drafting any trench player who will help stopping the run! They were just as bad stopping the outside runs as the interior ones. As a pass rusher, he is more of a high effort, bull rusher, but there is some upside there. Think he is DLaw's eventual replacement in another season.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
We’re going to find out rather quickly about Kneeland. Parsons is going to play more traditional LB snaps. I don’t see Williams as the Edge guy in their base defense. Kneeland is going to get a lot of snaps. This team needs bigger athletic guys on their DL. This was a very good start.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
I will say this, this team is mean now.

Guyton, Kneeland, Beebe, Liafau are some bullies
That is good observation, Dallas needs to get meaner. Sounds like Ol Jimmy Johnson may be involved after all. I am getting fired up from this draft. A running back with size and speed now, and we are off.Also need DT Wr and CB.