My Draft Thoughts

tskyler

Reaction score
I think the cowboys are going to try to package things to move up a bunch in most rounds, so it makes no sense to use numbers (except with untradeable picks. But why complicate things.

1st Pick: Delmas S... I think we move up into the mid 40's to get him. Alternative: I think we might target a Center like Unger or Mack. If we stay at 51 with a safety I think we may roll the dice on Moore, I dont buy that we go for Chung.
2nd Pick: Sidbury
3rd Pick: Duke Robinson OG
4th Pick: Johnny Knox WR
5th Pick:McBath S
6th Pick: Knox WR
7th Pick: Hoyer QB or McGee QB whoever Drops furthest. Alternative: Sammie Lee Hill DT

Skyler

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
tskyler;2741560 said:
I think the cowboys are going to try to package things to move up a bunch in most rounds, so it makes no sense to use numbers (except with untradeable picks. But why complicate things.

1st Pick: Delmas S... I think we move up into the mid 40's to get him. Alternative: I think we might target a Center like Unger or Mack. If we stay at 51 with a safety I think we may roll the dice on Moore, I dont buy that we go for Chung.
6th Pick: Knox WR
7th Pick: Hoyer QB or McGee QB whoever Drops furthest. Alternative: Sammie Lee Hill DT

Skyler

Knox was so nice we picked him twice! j/k

Looks like you have the Cowboys nabbing a lot of players projected for the first day. Via trade up? Or are you projecting Robinson to fall that far?

tskyler

Reaction score
Yeah.:) .. I screwed up on Knox... Had him 6th originally but decided he wouldnt fall that far.. I do think Duke will be there at 101 even if we dont move.

So the list is:

6th Pick: Hoyer QB or McGee QB whoever Drops furthest. Alternative: Sammie Lee Hill DT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
tskyler;2741568 said:
Yeah.:) .. I screwed up on Knox... Had him 6th originally but decided he wouldnt fall that far.. I do think Duke will be there at 101 even if we dont move.

So the list is:

6th Pick: Hoyer QB or McGee QB whoever Drops furthest. Alternative: Sammie Lee Hill DT

I like it, especially if Cowboys go the center route w/their first pick, otherwise you have them taking 2 safeties. But you address all the important needs, except for ILB. IMO you need to switch Knox and McBath tho, WR class is deep, S not so much. And I would take Hill over a QB. QB is fine w/Kitna backing Romo for now. If Cowboys don't find someone they like in UDFA, there is always next year. A 3rd string QB is not necessary to win the Lombardi, unless it is a wildcat QB. :D