My Experience at the game

Hoov

Reaction score
Been a cowboys fan for over 30 years and yesterday was my first time actually going to a Cowboys game. My brothers are both steeler fans and a good friend got us all tickets to go. Had a great time, painted my face blue with a silver star over my right eye. There were a lot of boys fans at this game. Tailgating was a blast. Regardless of what others said about steeler fans, they were actually really cool. No one was rude, i got a couple boos walking to the stadium but most of the steelr fans were decent to me. I met some old school steeler fans, we were talking about the 70's and past superbowls.

Inside the stadium i was walking down near the field to try and get pics of the players warming up, we didnt get in early enough so i missed the warmup, but i notice a row of empty seats at the 20 yard line about 15 feet from the field, they were about to kickoff so i just kind of slid into the row and sat down, apparently they dont check tickets at this stadium so i was able to watch the whole game up close behind the cowboys sideline, dont know why those people never showed up but it was great.

I ended up watching the game with a couple older guys that are true die hard fans, even though they were die hard steeler fans they had so much respect for the game that it was enjoyable watching it with them. At the end they all stood up and shook my hand and told me they hoped i had a great time and hoped the loss didnt sour my experience of coming to pittsburgh to see a good game. The guys were total class acts. I was bummed about how the boys blew it at the end, but it was still a great time. I'll post some pics later in the week after i get film developed.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Awesome. I'm jealous. Except for the 20 degree weather part. What a great game it was to catch live.

I'm glad to hear it sounds like you were a class act in taking the loss gracefully, too. Didn't mess yourself and ask to have Romo traded in front of the Steelers fans, did you?

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Good for you Hoov...I think in most stadiums the fans are good. As long as you are respectful they most usually will be too. So was Romo as off as he looked on TV? I know games in person can give a better perspective and show things you don't see in TV...

Glad you enjoyed the experience...nothing like hearing the pads popping with the big boys down by the field!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yes, Steelers fans are pretty cool.

Eagles fans, now that is another story.

WG5516

Reaction score
Sounds like you had an awesome time. I can't wait to see the photos. It was truly an awesome game on tv, so I can only imagine it live.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hoov;2474639 said:
Been a cowboys fan for over 30 years and yesterday was my first time actually going to a Cowboys game. My brothers are both steeler fans and a good friend got us all tickets to go. Had a great time, painted my face blue with a silver star over my right eye. There were a lot of boys fans at this game. Tailgating was a blast. Regardless of what others said about steeler fans, they were actually really cool. No one was rude, i got a couple boos walking to the stadium but most of the steelr fans were decent to me. I met some old school steeler fans, we were talking about the 70's and past superbowls.

Inside the stadium i was walking down near the field to try and get pics of the players warming up, we didnt get in early enough so i missed the warmup, but i notice a row of empty seats at the 20 yard line about 15 feet from the field, they were about to kickoff so i just kind of slid into the row and sat down, apparently they dont check tickets at this stadium so i was able to watch the whole game up close behind the cowboys sideline, dont know why those people never showed up but it was great.

I ended up watching the game with a couple older guys that are true die hard fans, even though they were die hard steeler fans they had so much respect for the game that it was enjoyable watching it with them. At the end they all stood up and shook my hand and told me they hoped i had a great time and hoped the loss didnt sour my experience of coming to pittsburgh to see a good game. The guys were total class acts. I was bummed about how the boys blew it at the end, but it was still a great time. I'll post some pics later in the week after i get film developed.

This is entirely the opposite of my experience at FedEx Field for my first NFL game few years back. I had the F bomb thrown at me repeatedly, I saw other fans get beer poured on them by Commanders fans, and a drunk person tried to spit on my mother -- a fight ensued and the drunkard was thrown out and I was fortunate enough to be allowed to stay by security.

Hoov

Reaction score
Idgit;2474698 said:
Awesome. I'm jealous. Except for the 20 degree weather part. What a great game it was to catch live.

I'm glad to hear it sounds like you were a class act in taking the loss gracefully, too. Didn't mess yourself and ask to have Romo traded in front of the Steelers fans, did you?
no, i expect players to make mistakes at times. The steelers are a good team, being on the road, that was a tough situation to be in.

Hoov

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic;2474708 said:
Good for you Hoov...I think in most stadiums the fans are good. As long as you are respectful they most usually will be too. So was Romo as off as he looked on TV? I know games in person can give a better perspective and show things you don't see in TV...

Glad you enjoyed the experience...nothing like hearing the pads popping with the big boys down by the field!
The cowboys were calling a lot of short passes because the steeler pass rush gets there pretty quick. It seemed like most of the plays there was no one running more than 10 yards out, if they were romo was already stepping into his throw by then. It makes it hard to get seperation and the safeties were able to play up pretty close. Looked like everyone was bunched up in the middle of the field. It seemed that the game plan was to run someone out 10-15 yards and have another player run a curl or hook underneath and keep throwing underneath. Romo did look a little skittish in the pocket on some plays, like he wanted to get rid of the ball quickly, there was one or two i thought he could have waited longer for the play to devlop. So i have to say he didnt look confident out there. Reminded me of when Troy used to fall apart when he would come to the vet to play the eagles. It definitely felt like a hostile environment when the steeler defense lined up.

Hoov

Reaction score
yimyammer;2474914 said:
People still do this?
I dont own a camera, and no one wanted to lend me their camera to go to the game with so i got a disposable one.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoov;2474924 said:
The cowboys were calling a lot of short passes because the steeler pass rush gets there pretty quick. It seemed like most of the plays there was no one running more than 10 yards out, if they were romo was already stepping into his throw by then. It makes it hard to get seperation and the safeties were able to play up pretty close. Looked like everyone was bunched up in the middle of the field. It seemed that the game plan was to run someone out 10-15 yards and have another player run a curl or hook underneath and keep throwing underneath. Romo did look a little skittish in the pocket on some plays, like he wanted to get rid of the ball quickly, there was one or two i thought he could have waited longer for the play to devlop. So i have to say he didnt look confident out there. Reminded me of when Troy used to fall apart when he would come to the vet to play the eagles. It definitely felt like a hostile environment when the steeler defense lined up.

Interesting. On TV it looked like the O-line gave Romo time for the most part and the running blocking was better than I expected for Choice. You sure see a lot more when you're actually there.

Hoov

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2475003 said:
Interesting. On TV it looked like the O-line gave Romo time for the most part and the running blocking was better than I expected for Choice. You sure see a lot more when you're actually there.
I saw that choice got over 80 yards, he had some nice runs. The oline didnt play bad, it wasnt like guys were coming free at romo but the steelers were getting a good push. The thing with their pass rush is that they all get there at the same time. Its not like you can sidestep the firstguy to breakthrough because you'll run right into another defender. Romo did not look very comfortable there but i did think he could have let some plays develop more, looked like he was anticipating pressure and checking down or getting rid of the ball too early sometimes.

Reaction score
Great job of reporting back home Hoov, glad you enjoyed the experience! I thought Dallas played tough football just came up short.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Haha, try that at Eagle stadium, they'd have spit on you instead of shaking your hand. Glad you had fun, I've been to a few Cowboy games here in NY and Giant fans are absolutely classless, especially since the majority are drunken frat boys.

Hoov

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2475166 said:
Great job of reporting back home Hoov, glad you enjoyed the experience! I thought Dallas played tough football just came up short.
I agree. As rough a game as romo had it was great watching Ben go down several times. I think the steelers actually went for it 3 times on 4th down and were stopped. The play that really was the difference in the game from my perspective came after that one long pass that newman gave up. It was 2nd or 3rd and long and Ben was running to his right under a lot of pressure, we had him near the sideline and one of our passrushers kind of dove at him or hit him low, he got knocked backwards but did not go down, then it looked like someone else would get him but he got away and completed a long pass. If our guy makes that tackle it would have been 3rd or 4th and longer than 20 yards, they would have likely had to punt because they would have been out of fg range. But they get a first and the next series of downs they complete that pass to nate washington at about the 5 yard line. That one play stands out as the game changer.

Hoov

Reaction score
TheCount;2475220 said:
Haha, try that at Eagle stadium, they'd have spit on you instead of shaking your hand. Glad you had fun, I've been to a few Cowboy games here in NY and Giant fans are absolutely classless, especially since the majority are drunken frat boys.
well i live in philly so the easiest way for me to see the cowboys is to see them at the linc, but i would rather watch on tv then deal with attitude.