Twitter: My favorite tweet of week re: Irving

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I am good either way, keep him or aim for the draft pick.
I just want to see a plan if they keep him. At his wieght is he a 3-tech or base DE that moves inside on 3rd downs.
Getting a second round pick for a guy you picked up off the Chiefs PS is good value. Conversly, giving up on that type of talent is not good value.
Depends what his off field problems are.
And, an extra 2nd this year would be huge !
Very interesting ...

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Guy isn't even 25 yet and despite his problems the potential he has is worth seeing what he turns into. I am not a huge fan of the 2nd round tender, while it's better than getting nothing no player we can draft in the 2nd round will come close(anytime soon) to replacing his production. If he was 27+ I'd feel a lot differently than I do now in regards to his behavior and how he acts. Dude is still a kid basically and growing up...he's just now coming into his own on the field as well and he is at a prime position with game changing ability and talent. Cannot let him go easily and the benefit outweighs the risk imo. It's very hard to find game changers on the D-Line. Until his concussion injuries haven't been a problem, he had the suspension though from a company that sponsored him. He's a weird situation that's for sure.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The other thing to consider is if they are going to be able to sign him next year when he is an UFA.

If you think you can, then tender him a 1st.

If you think he will demand too much money and will walk in free agency, then tender and 2nd this year and hope somebody bites.

BigD5

Reaction score
Wait. There’s people who want to get rid of David Irving?

We have pined for a pass rush since Ware left. Now we finally have a couple of guys who can get after it. David Irving being one of them. And we have “fans” who want to let him go for a 2nd rd draft pick?

Wow

So he’s a young guy who sometimes tweets or says or does dumb stuff. Who cares? So did I. So did every poster on this board.

But this is the same fan base that isn’t sure whether to pay DLaw and keep him either. The DE with the best technique in the National Football League.

Sigh....

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Keep him and have someone follow him ala Dez' 1st couple of seasons...............He's far too important of a commodity to let him walk for a 2nd round pick , especially the Cowboy's recent history in that round..............................

Reaction score

We have pined for a pass rush since Ware left. Now we finally have a couple of guys who can get after it. David Irving being one of them. And we have “fans” who want to let him go for a 2nd rd draft pick?

Wow

So he’s a young guy who sometimes tweets or says or does dumb stuff. Who cares? So did I. So did every poster on this board.

But this is the same fan base that isn’t sure whether to pay DLaw and keep him either. The DE with the best technique in the National Football League.

Sigh....

I wish I could have given this 2 "likes".

superonyx

Reaction score

Wow

Sigh....
Its the same crowd that falls in love with the idea of an extra draft pick just because they spend too much time youtube scouting players highlight reels with rap music in the background.
Its funny to listen to some of these people. They show up on every Irving thread declaring him a mental case.
Spend enough time around here and you will know who they are.

diefree666

Reaction score
really depends on how stable he is; half to laugh at the people trying to come up with excuses for someone that is TWENTY FIVE YEARS OLD. You guys would make excuses if he was 50.

as regards production he has flashed ability but to say he has proven much of anything is - total CRAP.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Proof

Reaction score
Guy isn't even 25 yet and despite his problems the potential he has is worth seeing what he turns into. I am not a huge fan of the 2nd round tender, while it's better than getting nothing no player we can draft in the 2nd round will come close(anytime soon) to replacing his production. If he was 27+ I'd feel a lot differently than I do now in regards to his behavior and how he acts. Dude is still a kid basically and growing up...he's just now coming into his own on the field as well and he is at a prime position with game changing ability and talent. Cannot let him go easily and the benefit outweighs the risk imo. It's very hard to find game changers on the D-Line. Until his concussion injuries haven't been a problem, he had the suspension though from a company that sponsored him. He's a weird situation that's for sure.

I want to keep him. Would love to keep him. But it’s not just a 2nd rounder for him as a player, it’s a 2nd rounder and not shelling out the money he will command.

cern

Reaction score
Interior linemen must affect the passing game. Irving is among the best at this.

Verdict

Reaction score

Wow

Sigh....

Your argument sounds a lot like the "pay Dez" crowd, and how did that work out?