My game Reaction

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
It finally happened, I don't mean the egregious lose we suffered at home either. I'm talking about the defense scheme's we've been playing since last season. The defense where we play 8-12 yards off the ball and allow clean release and get picked apart all day by three step drops. The defense was shredded like what some of us thought would happen against GB. Then little things stick out to me like Newman first TD he gave up. Why were the corners locked up in man so close to the GL shouldn't they have adjusted a different way?? Then the lack of pressure also stands out to me (even worse when we do get pressure and they can't tackle the QB) Radel El TD was because he was allowed to run a drag route stop his route and come back to the middle of the field.

The cusions we have pretty mitigates any pressure because of how much open space there is between the WR and CB. Canty Tank Spears Hatcher Bowen are all trash and need to be replaced. I am really hoping we get RW back soon even though people say he wouldn't have made a difference he would have if nothing more than the bone head 12 men on the field penalty. Clean release's for these small WR is crazy Jackson Jennings and Moss have destroyed us. Since this scheme has given up big play after big ball I'd rather us play man coverage and blitz 7 guys every time.

I'm not going to get on the offense really to much. I just think its a noticeable difference from Koiser to Proctor and I wish Holland was ready by know but apparently that's to much to ask for.
Oh and yea Brian Stewart :chainsaw:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I've said it before...this soft coverage will be our weakness all season. It's beyond idiotic to give these quick-hitting West Coast style offenses so much free space to complete their short passes.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
JohnsKey19;2294911 said:
I've said it before...this soft coverage will be our weakness all season. It's beyond idiotic to give these quick-hitting West Coast style offenses so much free space to complete their short passes.

What's even more idiotic is to have all these good man to man, press type CBs and then make them play off all the time. If that's the type of defense Wade wants to play then getting Adam Jones was pointless. Giving Newman an extension was useless. Drafting Mike Jenkins was useless.

khiladi

Reaction score
Rack;2294919 said:
What's even more idiotic is to have all these good man to man, press type CBs and then make them play off all the time. If that's the type of defense Wade wants to play then getting Adam Jones was pointless. Giving Newman an extension was useless. Drafting Mike Jenkins was useless.

Wade is a hypocrite... When he took over the San Diego defense, he clearly stated that it is favorable that CBs play in press coverage, especially when you have the personnel to do it. He has that personnel and we aren't seeing a damn thing. He also stated that his defense is predicated on creating turnovers and being aggressive, not a defense that plays in such a way that it waits for the opposing defense to makes a mistake. He is playing soft. The whole day, the commentators were talking about how Stewart was saying we need to make Jason Campbell go to his third read. Stewart, you bluddy idiot. Why the hell are you doing that, when you should be attacking Mr. Slow Release and slow-footed Jason Campbell...

Do you know how to attack a team's weakness?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2295005 said:
Wade is a hypocrite... When he took over the San Diego defense, he clearly stated that it is favorable that CBs play in press coverage, especially when you have the personnel to do it. He has that personnel and we aren't seeing a damn thing. He also stated that his defense is predicated on creating turnovers and being aggressive, not a defense that plays in such a way that it waits for the opposing defense to makes a mistake. He is playing soft. The whole day, the commentators were talking about how Stewart was saying we need to make Jason Campbell go to his third read. Stewart, you bluddy idiot. Why the hell are you doing that, when you should be attacking Mr. Slow Release and slow-footed Jason Campbell...

Do you know how to attack a team's weakness?

:bow:

odog422

Reaction score
Rack;2294919 said:

This is an excellent point and infuriates me to no end. In the same vein, the OP point of the small receivers killing us - no wonder when they get free release to set up and kill our corners with their quickness.

Our secondary, per coaching mandate, playing to its weaknesses and our opponents strengths.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
So far Wade has not delivered what he promised.

That's the bottom line.

All we heard was that Wade runs an aggressive defense that produces sacks and turnovers.

Anytime Wade, anytime.