My greatest matchup fear Sun.? Procter vs. Tuck....

newlander

Reaction score
For that matter, Procter vs. anyone in blue. Man we miss Kosier. Never thought I'd say that, but it's true.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
newlander;2381693 said:
For that matter, Procter vs. anyone in blue. Man we miss Kosier. Never thought I'd say that, but it's true.

I have yet to be impressed with Proctor... hurry back Kosier!!!

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
LMAO i didnt even think about that.

well I guess we can cancel the run game sunday

juck

Reaction score
I would think kosier is getting close by now.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Proctor is not that bad. The entire OL has looked sluggish to me. I wonder what kind of shape they're in?????

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Procter so far has had the most problems with DL that over power him. I think (hope) he might match up better with a guy like Tuck.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
jobberone;2381719 said:
Proctor is not that bad. The entire OL has looked sluggish to me. I wonder what kind of shape they're in?????

Lots of announcers talk about the weakness of the line is the small speedy guys. Is that a shape problem or just a weakness to big linemen.

Mansta54

Reaction score
jobberone;2381719 said:

Yes, he is!!!!! He's terrible and plays on skates, he gets pushed around all the time..

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2381792 said:
Lots of announcers talk about the weakness of the line is the small speedy guys. Is that a shape problem or just a weakness to big linemen.

I don't know. I blamed some of it on Flozell not being able to use his left arm well. And I think that was some of it.

I agree that Flo has had problems with quick guys. Everyone has problems with Ware and most of it is his quickness. I don't really think its because we're too big and strong and not quick enough.

The way to handle those guys is to get out of your stance fast enough to get between them and his QB. Then just push them down the field using their own momentum. I don't see it as a too big. But if you leave heart out of it, then it's just technique, quick enough feet and balance. And being in good enough shape to do it all game long all season long. I wonder if they haven't gotten a little slower since Parcells has left.

The other two problems are handling stunts and twists. The Cowboys admitted that was a problem.

And the last is getting help for them and calling the right plays when they line up so far outside the LT really has a problem getting to them. And that has happened. Garrett must help them if needed. And call the plays to slow them down. Johnson needs to audible correctly and the WRs have got to give him a chance to get the ball out quickly on hot reads.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
newlander;2381693 said:

Sorry, but there is not a hair of difference between Kosier and Procter.
Tuck against either of them is a major problem.

I say give Holland a shot. He's been here long enough. If he makes the wrong block and the qb gets hurt, at least it's not Romo.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dozin@theknick;2381737 said:
Procter so far has had the most problems with DL that over power him. I think (hope) he might match up better with a guy like Tuck.

the thing is that Tuck is very strong

Mansta54

Reaction score
Aliencowboy;2381939 said:
Sorry, but there is not a hair of difference between Kosier and Procter.
Tuck against either of them is a major problem.

I say give Holland a shot. He's been here long enough. If he makes the wrong block and the qb gets hurt, at least it's not Romo.

Unbelievable!!!!:bang2:

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I looked at some stats today on big ben and thought it was interesting how many times he has been sacked. Even if you take away the five sacks that NYG got on him and give him a sack free game he is still top ten most sacked QB's. Us on the other hand are much farther down that list with sacks allowed by our line. Maybe we should not be so concerned with the match up against there D line. I'm not saying that it is not gonna be a problem, just maybe not as dramatic as we are treating it. It is not like we have not played against all of these guys before. In fact, last time they had two better DE then they have now.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I doubt Procter will see much of Tuck. Getting all the Giants games here, Tuck plays DE mostly and when he moves to tackle it's on the right side not the left.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Mansta54;2381832 said:
Yes, he is!!!!! He's terrible and plays on skates, he gets pushed around all the time..

And your evidence for this is what? Adams is the one giving up the most sacks lately. Granted Procter and he have had some problems with stunts but so have the rest of the line. Procter has gotten better in space and getting to the second level. He's not the problem although the OL has been a major problem lately.