CFZ My Key to the Game Today

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Yes, there are many keys to the defense, offense, and Special teams success, but I’m focused on one thing for the offense.

Can Tyler Smith, Tyler Biadasz, and Zack Martin control the interior of the Eagles‘ DL, specifically, can they contain Jalen Carter?
Carter is number 6 in total pressures, but number 1 in pressures per play because he’s played almost a third as many plays as the 5 DTs ahead of him. We know Philly plays their DEs in a wide 9 alignment. This means the tight off tackle run can be successful, but it’s hard to get outside; it also means their DEs rush hard and wide outside. If our inside guys, especially Smith and Martin, can keep the inside clean, it bodes well to get something in the run game, and it allows Dak to climb the pocket and give the receivers time.

If we allow Carter and his cohorts inside to penetrate and bring pressure inside, it will blow up our run game and force Dak outside into the waiting arms of their DEs.

Philly’s run game, a lack of pass rush, breakdowns in coverage, and offensive turnovers can all undermine any team, but assuming our guys are ready to play and we don’t get out-coached, our two best OLmen vs Philly’s DTs is my key to the game.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm thinking the other side of the ball..........our front 7 against their OLine ( best in the league). It will be a long day if we can't stop the run and/or put pressure on Hurts. Just me, but I think our offense will be fine. As mentioned in another thread, the team with the best defense will win this game IMO.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, there are many keys to the defense, offense, and Special teams success, but I’m focused on one thing for the offense.

Can Tyler Smith, Tyler Biadasz, and Zack Martin control the interior of the Eagles‘ DL, specifically, can they contain Jalen Carter?
Carter is number 6 in total pressures, but number 1 in pressures per play because he’s played almost a third as many plays as the 5 DTs ahead of him. We know Philly plays their DEs in a wide 9 alignment. This means the tight off tackle run can be successful, but it’s hard to get outside; it also means their DEs rush hard and wide outside. If our inside guys, especially Smith and Martin, can keep the inside clean, it bodes well to get something in the run game, and it allows Dak to climb the pocket and give the receivers time.

If we allow Carter and his cohorts inside to penetrate and bring pressure inside, it will blow up our run game and force Dak outside into the waiting arms of their DEs.

Philly’s run game, a lack of pass rush, breakdowns in coverage, and offensive turnovers can all undermine any team, but assuming our guys are ready to play and we don’t get out-coached, our two best OLmen vs Philly’s DTs is my key to the game.
Let should let Tyler Smith give Carter a couple of "welcome to the NFL" plays. They could call it the LA play where Tyler burries Carter even if it results in a penalty.

Most fans don't seem to have noticed that Tyler Smith has off the charts power. He has obviously tried really hard to tone it back as compared to his play style in college because that resulted in many flags; however, if he has the go-ahead to just kick-arse, it would be really fun to watch.

Unfortunately, the Goodell era NFL has outlawed the Larry Allen and defintely the Erik Williams style of play.

Tyler Smith tossed Vita Vea to the ground which might have been the 1st time in VV's life that anyone has physically dominated him to that degree.

Go back to the 92 rules when Erik Williams completely dominated Reggie White and Tyler Smith would probably cause Jalen Carter to retire.

plasticman

Reaction score
The key to the game today is intensity.

The Cowboys need to bring it, don't back down, because I guarantee, the Eagles fans won't allow their team to.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Let should let Tyler Smith give Carter a couple of "welcome to the NFL" plays. They could call it the LA play where Tyler burries Carter even if it results in a penalty.

Most fans don't seem to have noticed that Tyler Smith has off the charts power. He has obviously tried really hard to tone it back as compared to his play style in college because that resulted in many flags; however, if he has the go-ahead to just kick-arse, it would be really fun to watch.

Unfortunately, the Goodell era NFL has outlawed the Larry Allen and defintely the Erik Williams style of play.

Tyler Smith tossed Vita Vea to the ground which might have been the 1st time in VV's life that anyone has physically dominated him to that degree.

Go back to the 92 rules when Erik Williams completely dominated Reggie White and Tyler Smith would probably cause Jalen Carter to retire.
I want the entire OL to be physical and set the tone.

Bagman

Reaction score
The key today is for Dallas to show up and play like they're in a dogfight. Play angry. For 60 minutes. Bring some dog into the game. You know damn well Philly will be sky high for the game. Can't wait until it's 21-0 to start playing hard. I want the 3rd play of the game big hit and strip sack of Hurts resulting in a Cowboy TD.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
Eagles have not been wonderful at stopping the air attack this season so far. Will be interesting to see if this continues today, and also whether McCarthy has also observed this and worked with the team to take advantage.

blueblood70

Reaction score

My key is to score one more point than the Eagles...

blueblood70

Reaction score
The entire offensive line has to step up. Steele vs Reddick will be a big matchup as Steele has struggled a bit at times this season.
Yeah they have to they're the weakest part or at least the reason for not being as consistent as we need to be on offense then you gotta go to the defensive line as well I mean in the trenches the Eagles are allegedly better they seem to be better and we literally need to fix that in big games we need to establish a run game and we need to give Prescott more time to throw because there are guys getting open but he's getting sacker have to run in a direction that cuts off half the field and we're missing big plays...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I totally agree on stopping their pass rush.

stop Brown, double him. limit his damage. force Hurts to use other WRs.

Slow down the running game.

and for us to have some semblence of running game.

hit them down field like we did last week.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

let should let??? You been drierrking my frinendsd???? l

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It's time for Dak, being it's his 8th year to dominate this game and perform better than Hurts. He does that, DAL wins.
Neither QB in this game is capable of dominating without pass protection.
They will both play according to how much time they have, in my opinion.