My Keys to the Game, Cowboys-Eagles Monday Night

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
First, we must cover Stalworth with Newman, he is the fastest player on the eagles, and Henry is more a physical corner jamming, etc, he cant stay with Stalworth.

Second, Parcells gave the Cowboys till Wednesday, granted they deserve to rest, but they should come in Tuesday for healing, treatment with trainers, etc, watch film, that is a MUST!!!!!! They must prepare for the Eagles and be ready, this is going to be a war game.

Third, our pass rush, either Spears, Canty, etc, must do their job and hit, pressure Garcia. Also, prepare when the eagles spread our defense out, with just Garcia in backfield and Westbrook in backfield.

Fourth, another key will be the offensive and defensive lines, the eagles have one of the biggest offensive lines, pretty decent defensive line, and the cowboys must match them, and play better to win.

Fifth, the cowboys must cover deep passes with whomever our free safety is, that is a must, if you remember the last eagle game, they beat us with deep passes.

Finally, their key playmaker one defense, is their all pro safety, dawkins, we must account for him, and be ready, this must be a mistake free football game to win, dont turn the ball over, like the giants did. Their second key defensive player to me is linebacker trotter, neutralize those players, Dawkins and Trotter, and I think we can win. Offensively, key, control Garcia and Westbrook.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;1241622 said:
First, we must cover Stalworth with Newman, he is the fastest player on the eagles, and Henry is more a physical corner jamming, etc, he cant stay with Stalworth.

Second, Parcells gave the Cowboys till Wednesday, granted they deserve to rest, but they should come in Tuesday for healing, treatment with trainers, etc, watch film, that is a MUST!!!!!! They must prepare for the Eagles and be ready, this is going to be a war game.

Third, our pass rush, either Spears, Canty, etc, must do their job and hit, pressure Garcia. Also, prepare when the eagles spread our defense out, with just Garcia in backfield and Westbrook in backfield.

Fourth, another key will be the offensive and defensive lines, the eagles have one of the biggest offensive lines, pretty decent defensive line, and the cowboys must match them, and play better to win.

Fifth, the cowboys must cover deep passes with whomever our free safety is, that is a must, if you remember the last eagle game, they beat us with deep passes.

Finally, their key playmaker one defense, is their all pro safety, dawkins, we must account for him, and be ready, this must be a mistake free football game to win, dont turn the ball over, like the giants did. Their second key defensive player to me is linebacker trotter, neutralize those players, Dawkins and Trotter, and I think we can win. Offensively, key, control Garcia and Westbrook.
:hammer:

DTK

Reaction score
I think the biggest key is covering their RB's out of the backfield. Garcia doesn't have the arm to throw it deep, so they'll dink and dunk us all the way down the field unless we stop it. Plus, Westbrook is no FB, he can't take it to the house. To me, that is the biggest key.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
DTK;1241634 said:
I think the biggest key is covering their RB's out of the backfield. Garcia doesn't have the arm to throw it deep, so they'll dink and dunk us all the way down the field unless we stop it. Plus, Westbrook is no FB, he can't take it to the house. To me, that is the biggest key.
That and we can run the ball against these Eagles. Julius had 100 yards last game against them and Barber should get his share of carries. TO will have a better game than he did in Week 5. I anticipate a different outcome on Xmas.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
you can run on the birds...can pass too but they passrush, hit em with alot of barber...a bunch of screens and dump off passes...wind the clock down on em...make garcia beat you IN THE POCKET AND HE WILL FALTER..PLAY ZONE..ITS A DONE DEAL...COWBOYS WIN..now if we try and pass too much and romo is forced into mistakes by blitzers and we blitz garcia and he avoids the rush we could be in trouble

STSINAZ

Reaction score
here is the bottom line we almost beat them with bledsoe, away, and they had mcnaab...now we are home, have romo and they dont have mcnaab....

32BellyOption

Reaction score
The eagles will see a much different Cowboys team this time around. They won't be able to blitz the middle knowing so slow, uh err, Bledsoe is just sitting there patting the ball over and over and over! This time around they blitz and Romo gets rid of it quickly and the boys roll!

I can't wait! How sweet it will be to knock the glimmer of hope outta the eagles eye!

te0002

Reaction score
Although I don't know for sure - I would bet a large sum of $$$ Zimmer and the rest of the defensive staff is up till the wee hours trying to devise schemes where the D actually COVERS A BACK IN THE FLAT!!

If the Cowboys don't get this glaring wekaness addressed, Westbrook or whoever plays FB for the Eagles will have a huge day.

TEK2000

Reaction score
  1. PROTECT THE BALL!
  2. PRESSURE GARCIA! (come on pass rushers, give our secondary some help)
  3. PREVENT THE DEEP PASSES! (if we get pressure on Garcia, this will make it tremendously easier for our secondary)
  4. TACKLE WELL! (gotta tackle well against a guy like Westbrook)
  5. Keep running the ball because they aren't good at stopping it.

TEK2000

Reaction score
te0002;1241743 said:
Although I don't know for sure - I would bet a large sum of $$$ Zimmer and the rest of the defensive staff is up till the wee hours trying to devise schemes where the D actually COVERS A BACK IN THE FLAT!!

If the Cowboys don't get this glaring wekaness addressed, Westbrook or whoever plays FB for the Eagles will have a huge day.

On the 4th and 1 play with 12:50 left to go against the Falcons, Ware and Ayodele both had the RB coming into the flat covered. Vick had NO WHERE to go with the ball once they did that. (unless he looked at Crumpler wide open on the backside of the field. someone else missed an assignment there)

Now we just have to get our guys to recognize that play consistently and defend it everytime.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
STSINAZ;1241717 said:
here is the bottom line we almost beat them with bledsoe, away, and they had mcnaab...now we are home, have romo and they dont have mcnaab....

the eagles are a hell of a lot better team without mcnabb.

MONT17

Reaction score
in this excercise of the obvious lets not forget the Boys should score more points than the other guys...

Rockytop6

Reaction score
te0002;1241743 said:

Well I am not a betting man but if I were I would take you up on that. We play these divisional teams twice every season and the same plays that worked against us before always work against us again. We never seem to learn. There are some things that are so obvious that the fans see them but the coaches seem oblivious to them. They appear to have a set scheme and plan and regardless they don't deviate from it.

BUT I SURE HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Last time we played Gaycia, we almost killed him and intercepted him three times I believe. I expect the same this game.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
1) dont turn the ball over

2) rush the passer

they do those two things and we'll win

David

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Bledsoe's 33.1 rating in that first game includes 0 TD and 3 INT. It does not include the 7 sacks or the 3 fumbles.

And with all of that (minus 1 INT) we were 6 yards away from their end zone to tie the game with :31 left.