My Kingdom For An Xbox 360

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
They are sold out everywhere, what's a poor soul to do?

Does the bum on your porch have one yet?

I would take his... ;)

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
Just play WoW!
It's all you need.
I will but right now the 360 is new and shinny and you know how much play the new girl on the block gets.

Reed

Reaction score
microsoft plans to sell 3 million in the first 3 months, new shipments are coming in in about two weeks or atleast before xmas, i sugjest you try to get one then, try to find a small kb toys or a toystore that is getting run out of town by a bigget shop, thats how i got my ps2 during xmas, they had a few of them and no one thought to go to the small kb toys store down the road from a big toysrus, circuit city, and best buy, try that out, and only get the 400 dollar one, the 300 dollar one is a massive rip off

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
xbox360 doesnt impress me...played it at ebgames and it didnt blow me away. will gladly wait until a REAL next gen machine debuts...playstation3
my .02

Kevinicus

Reaction score
how much you willing to play for a 360 core? I'll be returning mine to the store, or putting it on ebay this weekend most likely.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboys#1 said:
xbox360 doesnt impress me...played it at ebgames and it didnt blow me away. will gladly wait until a REAL next gen machine debuts...playstation3
my .02
I own a PS2 and Xbox and the Xbox is my favorite by far. In fact, it irritates me when a game comes out for PS2 only like Soul Calibur 3 because I'd much rather play games on my Xbox.

That being said, I agree completely .. the Xbox 360 just doesn't impress me. The graphics are definitely improved over the old Xbox but not so much that I want to dish out $300-$400 for a new console just to be able to spend more money on games. I'm waiting on the PS3 release and hoping it will take console gaming to the next level.

The Xbox 360 to me is more like an Xbox 1.5 upgrade, at least graphics wise.

-Reality

BlueStar22

Reaction score
The Xbox 360 to me is more like an Xbox 1.5 upgrade, at least graphics wise.
you can't possibly have experienced 360 to make a statement like that. I got mine last night and the NBA 2K6 is the best looking sports game EVER! Most thought that the graphics that you saw in cutscenes wouldn't translate over to the actual gameplay. Wrong! I was shocked! My jaw hit the floor. I'm still like "oh my god"! It's definitely not xbox 1.5.

Anyways, I attended a very uneventful midnight launch at a Valley Ranch Gamestop. There was a Cowboy there. I did not recognize him and after looking at every player on the website, I still don't know who he was. I was too embarrassed to go say, "who the hell are you?"

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BlueStar22 said:
Anyways, I attended a very uneventful midnight launch at a Valley Ranch Gamestop. There was a Cowboy there. I did not recognize him and after looking at every player on the website, I still don't know who he was. I was too embarrassed to go say, "who the hell are you?"

:laugh1:

Did he look like this...

Rowdy474.jpg

BlueStar22

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Did he look like this...

Rowdy474.jpg

:laugh2: well he signed an autograph for someone...lol! Someone asked him what he thought about playing on Thanksgiving and he said he didn't mind since he hasn't been with family on holidays since before college.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
you can't possibly have experienced 360 to make a statement like that. I got mine last night and the NBA 2K6 is the best looking sports game EVER! Most thought that the graphics that you saw in cutscenes wouldn't translate over to the actual gameplay. Wrong! I was shocked! My jaw hit the floor. I'm still like "oh my god"! It's definitely not xbox 1.5.

My TV displays 1080i and from what I've seen of the 360 in HD it is the BOMB!

PS3 have yet to show any REAL game footage. Typical Sony, promise big deliver small.

However, if the PS3 is worth it I will probably get one but I won't fall for their gimmicks; in order for me to buy one they have to show something other then cg movies.

As far as obtaining a 360, I pre-ordered mine in August @ EB and I still came up short because they only received 10, ***? There is a serious demand/supply issue and M$ better figure out something fast or I will get a refund and wait until next year.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
ChldsPlay said:
how much you willing to play for a 360 core? I'll be returning mine to the store, or putting it on ebay this weekend most likely.
Move on to someone else, I can wait until they become available this year or next. No way do I buy something at a 3X markup. I suggest you put it on EBay, there are plenty of suckers waiting. :cool:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Move on to someone else, I can wait until they become available this year or next. No way do I buy something at a 3X markup. I suggest you put it on EBay, there are plenty of suckers waiting.

That's exactly what I did. I was expecting my mother in-law to get it for me at launch, as she works at Target. Was gonna get the 10% discount and everything she gets. But she told me on the 21st that she found out she wouldn't be able to get it. So I called all the wally worlds who all had lines that were longer than their allocation. Best Buy was out, since I had to take my wife to work at 7 and they opened at 9. So, at 3 am I got up and went to the Target I knew was getting the largest amount. They got 10 of each. I was 16th in line, so I got a Core system. Obiously, I want the Premium package. I wouldn't have even bothered with it, but I want to kick my brother's butt tomorrow at Madden. I planned on returning it when they got more Platinums in stock, but with the prices on ebay, I just put it on there. Had a buy it now for $560 and it was purchased earlier today. So Friday morning I'll be shipping it out. I don't have a problem waiting a week or 2 to get a new one, especially with a $200 profit.

Btw, madden looks pretty nice. Not mind blowing or anything, certainly nothing like their commercial back during the draft. It's a pretty bare bones madden, simple franchise, xbox live play, and play it now. Even a lot of the gameplay options are gone, like challenge replay, and the one that bugs me the most, no camera options. You're stuck with what they give you. Announcer is pretty good, has a lot of excitement, and actually talks about the play, during the play, like if you throw a deep (or hard) pass, he'll say something like, "and Bledsoe throws a rocket..." as the ball is still in the air.