My MOCK

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2385608 said:
To call Can a BUM to me is laughable, the guy might not be dominating like we all hoped he would, but he's doing a really good job for us, and s a lot of Q.B. pressures this year and he must of knocked down Garcia forcing errant throws at least 4 times this past week, he might not have the stats, but some stats like Q.B. pressures and what not doesn't tell the whole story, he's been playing very good for us, and IMO is a MUST RE-SIGN this off season, I'm not overrating Canty, I think you're MASSIVELY underrating him, I mean, to call him a BUM??
Come on, Canty is playing very well this season and is a must sign this off-season as most of us in here agree with you being the lone exception I'm sure.
But hey, we have different opinions on our players evaluation, not a big deal, it's gonna happen.

About Carpenter, I called him a BUST for a 1st round pick, that's not the same as being a complete bust as aer in general, a lot pf players can be called BUSTS because of where they were draft5ed, but that doesn't mean they are completely useless.
I'm not high Carpenter, I just think as far as BACKUP L.B.'s go in this league, we could do a lot worse.

Spears is a BUST, because he didnt' live up to his 1st round draft status, but that doesn't mean he's not half bad and doing a decent job as a 2 down run stuffer.
If Spears was drafted in round 6 he'd be considered a STEAL, but since he was drafted in round 1, he's considered a bust, I hope that helps you out on why I can call Carp a bust but still think he has value on this team as a special teamer and backup L.B.!

:confused:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2386064 said:
???
what do you not get?
Really? I thought it was pretty basic and easy to understand, but I guess not.

It's really not

You say Spears is a bust
You say Carp is a bust

Spears actually contributes and starts for us Carp is nothing more than ST fodder. Spears also has almost identical numbers to Canty yet you pimp Canty like he is having a Jay Ratliff type season.

I don't understand your logic it just baffles me.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2386107 said:
It's really not

You say Spears is a bust
You say Carp is a bust

YES, both were drafted in round ONE andNEITHER lived up to 1st round potential, THUS BUST for the round they were taken in.

Spears actually contributes and starts for us Carp is nothing more than ST fodder.

TRUE, doesn't mean BOTH are not BUSTS for the ROUND they were drafted in, someone can be a BUST for the ROUND they were taken in, and STILL be a decent NFL player and contributor.
Carp is a BUST for a 1swt round pick, but he's a good special teamer and as far as backups go, he's pretty good for us as a backup.
WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

Spears also has almost identical numbers to Canty yet you pimp Canty like he is having a Jay Ratliff type season.

Identical stats, but one thing you're MISSING, actually TWO THINGS, one is that Spears has ZERO sacks, Canty only has one, but he has a TON of Q.B. pressures, I can't find a website that tracks Q.B. pressures, but believe me, Canty is LIGHT YEARS AHEAD of Spears in that category, I saw Canty knock down Garcia around 4 or 5 times almost getting a sack everytime just a half second late, but still a Q.B. pressure, SECONDLY, they're tied in tackles basically, b ut one thing you have to remember, teams run PREDOMINANTLY to their left, wihch is Spears side, thus he should have a LOT MORE TACKLES then Canty based solely on having MORE opportunities to make the tackle.

I don't understand your logic it just baffles me.[

I don't see how it baffles you, you can't just go by STATS alone, but you are missing the stats of Q.B. Pressures and the fact that Spears has more chances to make takcles then Canty since teams run predominantly to his side of the field.
If you think Spears is better or equal to Canty, or Canty is a BUM, I guess we'll see who's right by the contracts they receive when all is said and done, and TRUST ME, Canty's contract is gonna be a LOT and I mean a LOT higher then Spears.