Reaction score
We got
Round 2: 1 pick
Round 3: 1 pick
Round 4: 2 picks
Round 5: 2 picks PLUS a 5th for Julius Jones I'm assuming, so THREE 5th's
Round 6: 1
Round 7: TWO, plus 3rd for D.B. name that escapes me now, but we'll have THREE

Round 2: Vince Oghobaase, Big guy to take over for Spears at L.D.E.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/Duke_logo.gif Vince Oghobaase*, Duke
Height: 6-6. Weight: 315.
Projected 40 Time: 5.11.
Projected Round (2009): 2.
11/23/08: Vince Oghobaase has 37 tackles, 6.5 TFL and 3.5 sacks through 10 games this year.

5/9/08: Vince Oghobaase is more than just 310 pounds of fat sitting in the middle of the defensive line. His body fat percentage low and thus he's more than a simple huge run-stuffer.

Round 3: Dorell Scott, grab a big N.T. which allows us to move Ratliff to R.D.E.!

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/Clemson_logo.gif Dorell Scott, Clemson
Height: 6-4. Weight: 313.
Projected 40 Time: 5.04.
Projected Round (2009): 3.
5/9/08: A monstrous defensive tackle who can get to the quarterback on occasion. Dorell Scott had 50 tackles and three sacks in 2007.

2007: A starter as a sophomore, Dorell Scott is one of the hardest-working players in this class. He'll put up some good numbers on the bench press come Combine time.

Round 4: O.T. Augustus Parrish Gives us a big athletic tackle to groom for Flozells replacement and be a backup in the mean time and maybe push Free for the starting job at R.T. if we don't re-sign Columbo.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/KentState_logo.gif Augustus Parrish, Kent State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 308.
Projected 40 Time: 5.13.
Projected Round (2009): 4.
11/1/08: One of the more athletic linemen in the country, Augustus Parrish has vastly improved every year.

5/24/08: A quick offensive tackle and an effective run-blocker, Augustus Parrish is a two-year starter and a member of the All-MAC second team.

Round 4: G. Cedrick Dockery, gives us a viable backup to replace Proctor as the backup Guard and take over for Kosier in 2 years.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/Texas_logo.gif Cedric Dockery, Texas
Height: 6-4. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.24.
Projected Round (2009): 4-5.
5/25/08: Despite tearing his ACL in 2006, Cedric Dockery bounced back to play pretty well in 2007.

2007: Cedric Dockery's 2006 campaign was ruined by a torn ACL in October. He'd be ranked higher if it wasn't for that injury. Younger brother of current Buffalo Bill Derrick.

Round 5: I.L.B. Jasper Brinkley, early round prospect could be a steal like Canty was supposed to be.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/SouthCarolina_logo.gif Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina
Height: 6-2. Weight: 257.
Projected 40 Time: 4.58.
Projected Round (2009): 5-6.
5/11/08: Jasper Brinkley was a late first, early second-round prospect before suffering a nasty injury during the 2007 season. He has to prove himself all over again this year.

2007: Jasper Brinkley is out for the year with a knee injury. He may apply for a medical redshirt and return to South Carolina in 2008.

A member of the All-SEC First Team, Brinkley is a monstrous linebacker who will be able to play numerous positions on an NFL team because of his impressive size and speed. Brinkley and Vince Hall, the top inside linebackers of the 2008 class, will be hoping James Laurinaitis and Rey Maualuga stay in school. _____________________________________________________________

Round 5: F.S. Lendy Holmes, corner cover skills playing F.S. and fast

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/Oklahoma_logo.gif Lendy Holmes, FS, Oklahoma
Height: 6-1. Weight: 196.
Projected 40 Time: 4.48.
Projected Round (2009): 5.
5/17/08: Lendy Holmes missed the Fiesta Bowl because he was academically ineligible.

2007: You have to love a tall corner with mid-4.4 speed, but Lendy Holmes was responsible for two long Tulsa touchdowns in September 2007.

Round 5: F.S. Nate Ness Talk about BALL HAWK, even though it's junior college, he had 19 INT's with an amazing 10 returned for T.D.'s.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/Arizona_logo.gif Nate Ness, FS, Arizona
Height: 6-1. Weight: 191.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round (2009): 6.
5/19/09: An interception machine - Nate Ness had 19 interceptions, 10 of which were returned for touchdowns in junior college. He picked off five passes in his first six games with Arizona.

2007: Nate Ness, a safety who has three interceptions through nine weeks in 2007, returned 10 interceptions for touchdowns in junior college. He needs to drop into the 4.4s to be considered a first-day selection.

________________________________________________________________-

Round 6: Nader Abdallah good athlete to add to our D-line mix and see if we can't get him to beat out Bowen.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/OhioState_logo.gif Nader Abdallah, Ohio State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 4.96.
Projected Round (2009): 6-7.
11/23/08: Nader Abdallah has 28 tackles, two sacks, four TFL and four passes broken up through 11 games as a senior.

5/9/08: Nader Abdallah recorded 32 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks as a junior. Abdallah, who started nine games last year, should be able to have a solid combine (4.96 40, 32-inch vertical, 30 bench reps).

Round 7: Demonte Bolden Injury drops him, could be steal, add yet another D-lineman to the mix, we really need to reshape this D-line and with so many picks, why not grab another one.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/Tennessee_logo.gif Demonte Bolden, Tennessee
Height: 6-6. Weight: 290.
Projected 40 Time: 4.94.
Projected Round (2009): 7.
11/23/08: Owner of 30 tackles and six TFL through 10 games.

5/9/08: Was academically ineligible to play in Tennessee's bowl game.

2007: Suffered a neck injury and was carted off the field in the spring game. Not sure how serious that injury is.

Round7: N.T. Antonio Dixon
http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/Miami_logo.gif Antonio Dixon, Miami
Height: 6-3. Weight: 328.
Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
Projected Round (2009): 7-FA.
11/23/08: Antonio Dixon has struggled coming off his knee injury, but will get some consideration because of his size.

5/9/08: A monstrous nose tackle who was a third-round prospect on this chart until he suffered a knee injury last season.

2007: Antonio Dixon started two games as a sophomore, recording 14 tackles. One of the largest run-stuffers in this class.

Round 7: N.T. Myron Pryor
Why not go with my theme and bring in another possible STEAL.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/Kentucky_logo.gif Myron Pryor, Kentucky
Height: 6-1. Weight: 309.
Projected 40 Time: 5.02.
Projected Round (2009): 7.
11/23/08: Leg and ankle injuries have slowed down Myron Pryor. Once a first-round candidate, Pryor may not be drafted.

5/9/08: Myron Pryor had a bit of a disappointing junior campaign, but his combination of size and speed will get him drafted in the first three rounds.

2007: Started 10 games as a sophomore and recorded four sacks and four forced fumbles. Has the potential to be a top-15 selection come 2009.

So it's possible we would need 4 D-lineman to make the team, Oghobaase and Scott would make the team and then we'd have 4 late round picks trying to make the final 2 spots.

I drafted TWO Safeties with good upside and talent, and also got us two very good O-lineman in the middle rounds to be valuable backups for a couple years before taking over as starters we hope, and an I.L.B. who could be a steal.

I think this draft we will be able to COMPLETELY REVAMP the D-line considering Ratliff is our only current D-lineman while the rest are all expendable, we get two backups at guard and tackle, and we add two good safeties to fight it out in camp, and added an I.L.B. to the mix.

This will allow us in the 2010 draft to really not need much at all, and would allow us to move up and grab a STUD I.L.B. like a Patrick Willis type.

Here's my picks overall:

Round 2: D.E. Vince Oghobaase

Round 3: N.T. Dorell Scott

Round 4: O.T. Augustus Parrish

Round 4: O.G. Derrick Dockery

Round 5: I.L.B. Jasper Brinkley

Round 5: F.S. Lendy Holmes

Round 5: F.S. Nate Ness

Round 6: D.E. Nader Abdallah

Round 7: D.E. Demonte Bolden

Round 7: N.T. Antonio Dixon

Round 7: N.T./D.E. Myron Pryor

Of course these players rounds will fluctuate a lot from now till the draft and after the combine, but for now this is how I see it going by Walter footballs' round rankings, and like I said, I'm sure some will go higher and some lower, but for now, this is my mock, and even if we don't draft any of these players, this is the way I'd like to see the draft shake out, a LOT of D-lineman, VERY EARLY and VERY LATE and use the middle round picks on a couple safeties and O-lineman with a L.B. thrown in the mix.

I don't think we'll end up with this may picks, I' thiink we'll trade couple to move up in a few rounds and a couple will be traded for 2010 draft picks also, but since I can't figure in trades now, and this is all for fun and speculation, I think you'd be hard pressed not to like this draft I have come up with, yet I'm sure some of you will. ;)

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
WOW, no one has a comment good or bad about my mock draft?

I will take the silence that everyone liked all the picks! :)

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I definately think our top pick should be a safety or ILB. I think we could grab a NT with cleveland's third round pick, but our top pick needs to be one of those 2 positions.

The duke guy seems active, but I wouldn't feel comfortable relying on him to produce from day 1, like your plan seems to indicate since he goes to a school that turns out so few pro players and has so little success.

I'd also be careful who you proect as a nose tackle. 6-4 is awfully tall to be a NT imo. The guys who are that tall (kris jenkins, jamal williams, shaun rogers) weigh like 350 lbs. While scott may grow that big, he'll be a DE in a 3-4 for several years

JMO, we shouldn't wait that long to draft a safety

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nate Ness is a nice find.....I like the Duke and Texas picks......but I do not care for the rest of your draft.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I like Vince, I like Nate, I like Jasper. Other than that I would literally toss my TV out the window if we drafted like this. What the hell are we supposed to do with 6 nose tackles......redo this man. Use draftscout to get your rankings....your players is way off base.....next time you go to draftscout go to directory and search for the player and the year that way......because this is a really bad mock man 6 DLineman is a joke no offense.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2441654 said:
Other than that I would literally toss my TV out the window if we drafted like this. What the hell are we supposed to do with 6 nose tackles.

It's not 6 N.T.'s, some of these will convert to D.E., other then Ratliff, I don't see anyone with a guaranteed roster spot and we need to reload our ENTIRE D-line form starters to backups.

ONE D-lineman is a 6th rounder and THREE of the 6 lineman are 7th rounders.

So it's not like I used all our top picks on them, why not bring in 6 D-lineman to camp and hope one or two of the late rounders stick?
Remember Ratliff was a 7th rounder.

I'm not saying we're gonna keep 6 D-lineman from this draft, but if we can come away with ONE or TWO of the 4 lineman picked in rounds 6+7 we'd be in good shape to go with our top 2 picks.

I think I covered every NEED we'll have this off season in the 1st 5 rounds, and if you wanna throw in a Q.B. or a C.B. or an O.T. in round 7 instead of threee D-lineman, so be it, but since I covered almost all our needs in the 1st 5 rounds, I used our 6th and three 7th rounders to overload an area of need IMO from starters to backups and hope we can find a gem is all, cause the four D-lineman I have us taking, some of them do have upside potential and could be a steal.

Use draftscout to get your rankings....your players is way off base.....next time you go to draftscout go to directory and search for the player and the year that way

Listen, by the time the draft gets here, the players will move up and move down all the time, it's not like Draftscout is the end all be all of where players rank you know, Walter football is a good site, but it's very early, right now it's just a throw a mock out and see what everyone thinks, I mean, Demarcus Ware was like a 5th rounder this time when he was drafred, and 3 weeks prior to the draft most everyone had him ranked as a 3rd rounder, and the time the draft came around, he was drafted 12th (?) overall in round 1, so players will move a TON from now till the draft,but I will do due dilligence and look at draftscout as well and cross reference them along with nfl draft countdown and come up with a median for future mocks.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
2 - C/G Jonathan Luigs - Arkansas
3 - FS Rashad Johnson - Alabama (BALLHAWK)
4 - OLB Connor Barwin - Cincinnati
4 - OLB Phillip Hunt - Houston (SACK MACHINE)
5 - CB Joe Burnett - UCF (BALLHAWK)
5 - DE Jarron Gilbert - SJSU (SACK MACHINE)
5 - C/G Eric Wood - Louisville
6 - FS Darcel McBath - TT (BALLHAWK)
6 - ILB Britt Miller - Illinois
7 - SS Nate Ness - Arizona (BALLHAWK)
7 - OL Dallas Reynolds - BYU
7 - DT Sammie Lee Hill - Stillman

OL - 3
DL - 2
LB - 3
DB - 4

UDFA
OT Jose Valdez - Arkansas
OT Sean Sester - Purdue
OG Ramon Foster - Tennessee
OG Jeremy Perry - Oregon St.

LT - Adams, Valdez
LG - Luigs, Kosier
C - Gurode, Wood
RG - Davis, Reynolds
RT - Colombo, Free

DE - Ratliff, Canty, Hatcher, Gilbert
DT - Hill, Spears/FA signing
OLB - Ware, Ellis, Spencer, Hunt, Barwin
ILB - James, Thomas, Miller, Polk, George
CB - Newman, Jenkins, Scandrick, PacMan, Burnett
S - Hamlin, Roy, Johnson, McBath, Ness

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2441246 said:
I definately think our top pick should be a safety or ILB. I think we could grab a NT with cleveland's third round pick, but our top pick needs to be one of those 2 positions.

I see D-line as our TOP off season priority, I wouldn't mind if we took a safety like Patrick Chung with our top pick then went N.T. in round 3, but I want to revamp our entire D-line as you can tell with this draft, I think we can go another year with Zach Thomas and Bradie James at I.L.B. and then use our 1st round pick in 2010 on a stud I.L.B. instead and use this years draft to sure up our D-line.

The duke guy seems active, but I wouldn't feel comfortable relying on him to produce from day 1, like your plan seems to indicate since he goes to a school that turns out so few pro players and has so little success.

I'm not worried about the school not producing so little pro players, how many great Pro's came out of Troy University when we drafted Demarcus Ware???
Ware turned out to be possibly thee best defender in the NFL and And how many pro's came out of LSU when we drafted Marcus Spears?
He turned out to be a bust!

So I'd go more about the player then the school's past.
He's 6-6 315 pounds and not fat, I project him to play L.D.E. from day 1 with Ratliff moving to R.D.E. and then have Dorell Scott play the N.T. position with either Antonio Dixon or Myron Pryor backing him up, whoever beats the other out in camp.

I'd also be careful who you proect as a nose tackle. 6-4 is awfully tall to be a NT imo. The guys who are that tall (kris jenkins, jamal williams, shaun rogers) weigh like 350 lbs. While scott may grow that big, he'll be a DE in a 3-4 for several years

I'm not gonna worry about a guy 6'-4, if he was 6'-3 or 6'-2 it would be that much better?
Take your thumb and index finger and space out one inch, it's not that much.
I also added Dixon who's 6'-3 and Pryor who's 6'-1 as a N.T., everyone else I project as a D.E., but I thik Scott has a low base and don't feel him being 6'-4 as too much of a downside, now 6'-6 you could be looking at problems since the whole knee bend thing, but I feel Scott will be fine.

JMO, we shouldn't wait that long to draft a safety

I don't disagree technically, I mean this is only one mock, I had us taking Patrick Chung with our 1st pick in my previous mock, so I certainly seee the possibility of us taking a safety early, I just feel if we can add a few good D-lineman early in the draft, it would help out our safeties and I.L.b.'s as well.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2441878 said:
4 - OT Jose Valdez - Arkansas
4 - CB Joe Burnett - UCF (BALLHAWK)
5 - OLB Phillip Hunt - Houston (SACK MACHINE)

Don't see a need for a C.B. in round 4 at all, we'll have Newman/Jenkins/Pacman/Scandrick as 4 corners already, so I don't see us taking a corner early, maybe a 7th rounder, but don't see the need to use such a high pick on a position of such depth already.

I don't see the need for THREE safeties either, if we're gonna use our top pick on a safety like Johnson, I'd take Ness in round 6 and that would be enough for safety IMO.

IMO our #1 off season priority is to get a stud N.T. so we can move Ratliff to D.E., and you only have us taking one N.T. and it's a 7th rounder.

I think we need TWO big N.T.'s out of this draft on top of two D.T.'s we can move to D.E., we need one N.T. to be the starter and move Ratliff to D.E., and the other N.T. to backup the starting N.T. in case of injury so we don't have to move Ratliff back to N.T. if our starter gets hurt.

I like the picks of Gilbert and Dallas Reynolds a lot though, along with Ness, don't know much about Britt since I didnt' research I.L.B. at all since I would like us to stay pat for one more year at I.L.B. then use our 1st rounder in 2010 on a stud I.L.B.!

Walterfootball has Valdez as an undrafted F/A as of now, but like I said, everyone moves up and down a lot from now till the draft, but they updated O.T.'s on Nov. 1st and have him as undrafted, but that's just one site and like I said, it will be awhile till everything takes shape as to what rounds everyone projects.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2441900 said:
Biggems;2441878 said:
4 - OT Jose Valdez - Arkansas
4 - CB Joe Burnett - UCF (BALLHAWK)
5 - OLB Phillip Hunt - Houston (SACK MACHINE)

Don't see a need for a C.B. in round 4 at all, we'll have Newman/Jenkins/Pacman/Scandrick as 4 corners already, so I don't see us taking a corner early, maybe a 7th rounder, but don't see the need to use such a high pick on a position of such depth already.

I don't see the need for THREE safeties either, if we're gonna use our top pick on a safety like Johnson, I'd take Ness in round 6 and that would be enough for safety IMO.

IMO our #1 off season priority is to get a stud N.T. so we can move Ratliff to D.E., and you only have us taking one N.T. and it's a 7th rounder.

I think we need TWO big N.T.'s out of this draft on top of two D.T.'s we can move to D.E., we need one N.T. to be the starter and move Ratliff to D.E., and the other N.T. to backup the starting N.T. in case of injury so we don't have to move Ratliff back to N.T. if our starter gets hurt.

I like the picks of Gilbert and Dallas Reynolds a lot though, along with Ness, don't know much about Britt since I didnt' research I.L.B. at all since I would like us to stay pat for one more year at I.L.B. then use our 1st rounder in 2010 on a stud I.L.B.!

Walterfootball has Valdez as an undrafted F/A as of now, but like I said, everyone moves up and down a lot from now till the draft, but they updated O.T.'s on Nov. 1st and have him as undrafted, but that's just one site and like I said, it will be awhile till everything takes shape as to what rounds everyone projects.

If Valdez does go undrafted......all the better. We can get him then, and use that pick on either LB or DL.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2441920 said:
ThatsmyQB;2441900 said:
If Valdez does go undrafted......all the better. We can get him then, and use that pick on either LB or DL.

you don't see N.T. as a major off-seaosn need?
We need to get Ratliff at D.E. so he can really create havok, and have a TRUE 3.4 N.T. big body type cause as good as Ratliff is, he isnt' made to play N.T. in the 3-4, he's making plays behind the line of scrimmage and getting sacks, but he's really a big liability in the run defense when they run down our throats and double team him, he gets pushed back as he should since he's not built to play N.T., so IMO our #1 off season need has to be a way to get a pure 3-4 N.T., that would help out 6 positions technically, when you consider we'd get a N.T. that's one posiiton, we'd improve the D.E. position by moving Ratliff outside to D.E., and all 4 L.b.'s would be greatly improved by having a N.T. who can take on double teams without getting pushed backwards and keeping the O-lineman off our L.B.'s.

I would think you'd agree with this, yet I only see one N.T. and that's a 7th rounder, IMO we need to use our top pick or at MINIMUM our 3rd rounder on a N>T. who can come in and start from day 1.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2441900 said:
Walterfootball has Valdez as an undrafted F/A as of now,

Bud, Walter's Football Site is a good place to learn what players are out there, but it's pretty bad when it comes to rating players... you can do better at another free site, NFL Draft Scout...

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2441983 said:
Bud, Walter's Football Site is a good place to learn what players are out there, but it's pretty bad when it comes to rating players... you can do better at another free site, NFL Draft Scout...
\
I never use just one site, I always by the time the draft comes around, use FOUR reliable sites, walter/nfldraftcountdown/GBN etc. and watch and listen to nfl network and watch combines, etc., etc., etc., this right now is for fun and to see what positions everyone wants in what rounds and what players they like is all, it's not like nfldraftscout if the end all be all, and I keep going to nfldraftscout and they only i=list top 5 at each position which I already know, and unless you want to pay for more, I find it pretty useless.

But what do you think about the N.T. situation I was talkin about?