my only beef with the D tonight

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
we would get them to 3rd down and then allow Campbell to either run right up the middle or dump it off in the middle and let them get the first, even on 3rd and long. This happened at least 5 or 6 times. When we have the opportunity to get our D off the field and get our O back on it, our D needs to close it out.....too many times tonight they didn't do it.

Other than their poor 3rd down play.....the D rocked tonight. I was happy to see their physicality, intensity, and pass rush. Campbell will definitely be hanging out in the ice spa tonight......

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Biggems;2424497 said:
we would get them to 3rd down and then allow Campbell to either run right up the middle or dump it off in the middle and let them get the first, even on 3rd and long. This happened at least 5 or 6 times. When we have the opportunity to get our D off the field and get our O back on it, our D needs to close it out.....too many times tonight they didn't do it.

Other than their poor 3rd down play.....the D rocked tonight. I was happy to see their physicality, intensity, and pass rush. Campbell will definitely be hanging out in the ice spa tonight......

Washington was 5 of 14 on third downs (35 percent). It just seems worse when you're watching it.:D

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
it happened 3 straight times on one drive. that pass to Betts could have been stopped had James been in position....instead he was busy dancing with one of the Hogs.

mboy22

Reaction score
its because we go a 4-2-5 look and there were no linebackers to be found to stop those dumpoffs in the middle of the field. Dallas needs to work with the ILB's whenever we go with this look because they never cover the middle of the field for some reason.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Watkins gets an F for today. You souldn't get run over by a QB. That's just not right.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2424547 said:
Watkins gets an F for today. You souldn't get run over by a QB. That's just not right.

what if the QB is Lorenzen, Culpepper, McNabb, Big Ben, or Russell? Those are some big dudes.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biggems;2424497 said:
We kept them from going deep. We made them drive the ball. Yes we will gave up some 3rd down conversions but we held them to 10 points. You will win a lot of games in this league following that game plan.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2424613 said:
We kept them from going deep. We made them drive the ball. Yes we will gave up some 3rd down conversions but we held them to 10 points. You will win a lot of games in this league following that game plan.

yes, my thoughts exactly

burmafrd

Reaction score
You dont win championships letting teams do that in big games.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2424613 said:

I agree, this is a successful formula. Dare I say a championship formula? Let's see how we respond during the next two games. If we smash them over the rocks like we should then I will believe that we are all the way back.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I still don't understand why he has the radio. I would think Zach would be a better choice.

slotshot

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2424520 said:
Washington was 5 of 14 on third downs (35 percent). It just seems worse when you're watching it.:D

WOW...it sure does. I thought the same as the OP. Thanks for the info.