my only beef with the running game tonight

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
was it TO or Barber who kept messing up?

TO would block his man, but Barber would run outside and into the player TO was blocking. This happened numerous times. Just once, I wanted TO to try to get his man to the inside, but he never did......I mean, had TO been able to get his guy to the inside, Barber probably gets a nice 10-20 yd run down the sidelines a few times. If Barber cuts inside of TO instead of outside all the time, he probably could have made about 2-4 more yards on some of those carries.

Did anyone else notice this happening throughout the game?

But other than this one annoying aspect, I felt our running game was pretty on tonight. I felt our OL did a much better job of blocking. I felt Cricket stepped up, he only missed 1 block that I saw.

Kudos to the running game.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
yeah, Barber pisses me off w/ all his outside cutting

sometimes he will cut it outside and run out of bounds, when if he just cuts it inside, he can pick up a few more yards

but he's still a beast

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
He is trying to keep his body healthy now that he is a starter. Last year he would cut inside and knocked the crap out of someone.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Biggems;2424293 said:
was it TO or Barber who kept messing up?

TO would block his man, but Barber would run outside and into the player TO was blocking. This happened numerous times. Just once, I wanted TO to try to get his man to the inside, but he never did......I mean, had TO been able to get his guy to the inside, Barber probably gets a nice 10-20 yd run down the sidelines a few times. If Barber cuts inside of TO instead of outside all the time, he probably could have made about 2-4 more yards on some of those carries.

Did anyone else notice this happening throughout the game?

But other than this one annoying aspect, I felt our running game was pretty on tonight. I felt our OL did a much better job of blocking. I felt Cricket stepped up, he only missed 1 block that I saw.

Kudos to the running game.

Barber just needs to do a better job of reading the block, because T.O./WR will block the guy whatever way the defender goes. Barber needs to learn to cut up into those soft spots and get his pads headed up field/down field.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
you guys notice that Tony Curtis was barely in the game after whiffing horribly on the 1st series?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I was pleased, I just wish we would use our second RB more to keep Barber fresh. Is Choice that bad that he can't get at least 4 rushes per game?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
My one complaint, though I won't be complaining about anything from tonight necassarily, is that this year at times he's tried to hard to bounce it outside when he just needs to lower his shoulder and plow straight ahead.

But tonight I've got no issues. :)