My Opinion: RW11 Signing Saved Our Season, Here's Why...

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
The Signing of RW11 led to....

RW11 Catching that critical end-of-the-half pass in Tampa....

Which led us to winning that must win October Tampa Game...

Which allows us to control our own destiny with the tie-breaker over Tampa.

Let the bashing begin, but, in my opinion, I don't think any other of our receivers would have made that catch.

And, obviously it was our D that stepped up huge in the game. But that catch was pivotal.

I know there are many other plays/games that saved our season. But to me, this was the one.

What are your thoughts on our season saver?

Or simply bash away at me LOL. But as I mentioned, that's just my take/opinion.

That is, if we can just beat the Eagles...C'Mon Cowboys!!!

Chime away!

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I'll contribute to this thread by saying this (somewhat tongue in cheek, obviously):

Brad Johnson, my friends, saved the season with that Tampa win. What irony, eh?

Air Force One

Reaction score
RainMan;2517230 said:
I'll contribute to this thread by saying this (somewhat tongue in cheek, obviously):

The Football Gods work in mysterious ways.:)

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
yes they do

this month we knew if we were to lose, had to be to AFC team, that is who we have lost to, win our two NFC games and we were going to the post season.

that is exactly how it worked out.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Roy Williams showed the most passion out of anybody on the offense yesterday. When he caught that little 4-5 yard pass for that first down late in the game and did his best Michael Irvin impersonation was kinda the point that the offense started moving a little bit. When he did that the thought came into my mind that maybe this guy can be the emotional leader on this football team someday.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
It is really ticking me off that Romo will not give him the time of day. It is embarressing to have a guy with his talent on the field and not utilize him. Even the Lions can find ways to get him the ball, come on Garrett and Romo.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
RainMan;2517230 said:

and the defense...

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Roy celebrates a first down catch better than anyone we have now. :banghead:

Imagine what he would act like if he ever scored? :rolleyes:

Good Lord I hate this team.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
lcharles;2517367 said:
Roy celebrates a first down catch better than anyone we have now. :banghead:

Imagine what he would act like if he ever scored? :rolleyes:

Good Lord I hate this team.

You nailed it.

RW11 should leave the antics at home and work on his "consistency". Get in the end zone and then celebrate a little... :rolleyes: Celebrating a 4 yard WR screen for a 1st down like you just won the Super Bowl while really still being down 17-19 is bush league IMO.

You want to fire your teammates up RW11? Run consistent routes, earn Tony's trust, and get into the end zone...

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Roy didn't save anything. Detroit let him walk because he quite frankly isn't that good.

He's not that fast, he doesn't get separation, and judging from 8 weeks of never knowing where to line up - he's dumb too.

HE'S THE 2ND HIGHEST PAID RECEIVER IN FOOTBALL. Just to put how much we overpaid for him.

AND WE GAVE UP A 1ST AND A 3RD FOR HIM. Just to show that we could've gotten Crabtree or any top college performer at a reasonable rate.

All this for what? Another possession receiver, another Keyshawn?

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2517417 said:
You nailed it.

RW11 should leave the antics at home and work on his "consistency". Get in the end zone and then celebrate a little... :rolleyes: Celebrating a 4 yard WR screen for a 1st down like you just won the Super Bowl while really still being down 17-19 is bush league IMO.

You want to fire your teammates up RW11? Run consistent routes, earn Tony's trust, and get into the end zone...

He's the best receiver we have. The best hands on the team. He is open, we just don't look his way.

Reaction score
Hot_Toddy;2517226 said:
The Signing of RW11 led to....

RW11 Catching that critical end-of-the-half pass in Tampa....

Which led us to winning that must win October Tampa Game...

Which allows us to control our own destiny with the tie-breaker over Tampa.

Let the bashing begin, but, in my opinion, I don't think any other of our receivers would have made that catch.

And, obviously it was our D that stepped up huge in the game. But that catch was pivotal.

I know there are many other plays/games that saved our season. But to me, this was the one.

What are your thoughts on our season saver?

Or simply bash away at me LOL. But as I mentioned, that's just my take/opinion.

That is, if we can just beat the Eagles...C'Mon Cowboys!!!

Chime away!

:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

jimmy40

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2517417 said:
You nailed it.

Bush league is TO, whining about only getting 17 balls thrown his way, whining about not being invited to Romo/Witten's pillow fights in their hotel room, whining his way off two teams. Thank God TO got his stat Saturday night or he'd have thrown the whole team under the bus.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Doomsday;2517322 said:
It is really ticking me off that Romo will not give him the time of day. It is embarressing to have a guy with his talent on the field and not utilize him. Even the Lions can find ways to get him the ball, come on Garrett and Romo.

I don't get it either. If Crayton was in that spot he'd have a lot more catches, with having a fraction of the talent. It's like we've boosted our rating by getting him but somehow took a step backwards. Those two need to get working together and get on the same page!

Romo is only shooting his own self in the foot by ignoring him.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2517501 said:
He's the best receiver we have. The best hands on the team. He is open, we just don't look his way.

jimmy40;2517660 said:
Bush league is TO, whining about only getting 17 balls thrown his way, whining about not being invited to Romo/Witten's pillow fights in their hotel room, whining his way off two teams. Thank God TO got his stat Saturday night or he'd have thrown the whole team under the bus.

It's funny how the same line of rebuttal comes from professed TO haters. :rolleyes: I take that with a grain of salt (& I don't eat salt so you know how far I take that)

RW11 has to earn the respect of his peers, his coaches, and the fans by absorbing the playbook, running consistent routes, earning Tony's trust (by getting open), and consistently coming through for us. I'm not very impressed with him thus far but that can surely change if he decides to step it up.