My Opinion

Matt

Reaction score
I know a lot will be against this, but here is what I want to happen this offseason.

Sign TO for a low cost - He becomes our #1 Wide Receiver
Draft Jackson at #18 - Becomes our #2 Wide Receiver.

O-Line can be fixed (would be nice to get Bentley here)

Sign Vinateri, draft a FS in the 2nd or 3rd.

I seriously think that will automatically make us contenders.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Matt said:
I know a lot will be against this, but here is what I want to happen this offseason.

I don't see Key or Glenn delegated to 3rd and 4th receiver quite yet. I think it's more likely that we pick up a WR later in day one and go LB/FS in the 1st.

JonCJG

Reaction score
Jackson would be our number 5 behind T.O. Glenn Crayton and Keyshawn if we did indeed sign T.O.

No T.O and he would still be our #4 for at least a year.

Not worth the 18th pick IMO. We need a starter with that pick. If we traded down though to the end of the 1st and picked up an extra 2nd I wouldn't mind him but not at 18.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
1. OLB - Manny Lawson
2. OG - Best OG on the board
3. WR - Whichever WR you want thats on the board.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Matt said:
I know a lot will be against this, but here is what I want to happen this offseason. Sign TO for a low cost - He becomes our #1 Wide Receiver Draft Jackson at #18 - Becomes our #2 Wide Receiver.

Listen, I'm not even a Cowboys fan, but I know enough about your receiver corp to realize that you're asking for problems.

You're saying that KeShawn Johnson and Terry Glenn should take back seats to the new kid on the block (he doesn't even know the Cowboys offensive system yet), and a rookie as the #2 WR!

I wouldn't buy into that! Who would you drop ...KeShawn or Glenn? :rolleyes:

JonCJG

Reaction score
People I don't think we have any chance to get Lawson unless we trade up. New England is only a few picks behind us and have an extra 3rd, 4th AND 5th to wheel and deal if they so please.

After they part ways with Ole Willie they will be in need of a hybrid LB/DE that rushes the passer. Who better than Lawson in this draft? And that's assuming the Browns don't nab him at 12 or a team like the Dolphins don't a pick in front of us. Lawson will be long gone by 18 IMO.

We should trade down and pick up Kamerion Wimbley or Chad Jackson and an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Nice thoughts;
What I would like to happen is this, trade our 18th pick down to 21st to 24th, pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder for trading down. That should give us a # 1, 2, 3, 3. Trade one of those 3's down in 3rd round, and pick up a fourth round pick since we dont have one. Unless you see a really good player in 3rd round that you think will be another Jason Witten or so.
Then either take Manny Lawson or Bobby Carpenter, why would you say that. First, if you noticed, first Parcells cut playing time of Greg Ellis and Glover in December. Our defense suffered, but main culprit was losing Dat and Singleton at linebackers. So, we need another dominant OLB-De or linebacker like Carpenter to replace Dat. If you look at all the draft experts, they say that Dallas will have a nasty defense in 2007, after young guys like Newman, Demarcus Ware, Bradie James, Fujita, Shane, Coleman, Marcus Spears, Ratliff, and Johnson come on. Then, with 2nd pick take an OT, or Wr. With the other # 3 picks take one of the above in 2nd round that we didnt take. Then with other pick take a safety like Manning or Hester, maybe even take a stab at Reggie McNeil QB at Texas A&M. Trust me, this guy is just as good as Quincy Carter was, Reggie has more talent, he has run 4.37 in 40. Plus in bowl game he showed his talent, and throwing the ball. He even beat Todd Dodges team, that coach Parcells tried hire high school coach from Texas as our TE's coach this year I would tell him, ok you can be backup emergency QB, but you will play WR to help out the team. That is his strength, his moves, scrambling ability, and speed. I've seen him since I live in Lufkin, and he helped us win a national state championship. That way it would help us with pure speed on offense, if we dont go after TO.
To me, that was the one thing missing last year on offense, when Dallas had time to throw, pure deep speed. Somone to make the defense not put so many players in the box to stop the run. Another thing to remember is that Terry Glenn is another year older, unless he comes in and works out like he did last year during offseason, he most likely will have another injury year. To me, Dallas needs a dominant WR to play opposite Keyshawn, and put Glenn in the slot.
Plus, if we get Carpenter or Lawson, that pretty well finishes the front seven defese for 7-8 good years, to have a nasty tough defense, kind like Parcells had with the New York Giants with Lawrence Taylor, Carl Banks, ect.
Just a few of my thoughts. Then, if we get Fabini or Mike Williams at OT, Sowell at FB, Corey Chavious or Marcus Robinson at safety, Matt Bryant at kicker or Longwell, maybe that NT from the Baltimore Ravens, whom is a free agent. Then, look out, Su;per Bowl here we come.

Silverstar

Reaction score
123456 said:
People I don't think we have any chance to get Lawson unless we trade up. New England is only a few picks behind us and have an extra 3rd, 4th AND 5th to wheel and deal if they so please.

After they part ways with Ole Willie they will be in need of a hybrid LB/DE that rushes the passer. Who better than Lawson in this draft? And that's assuming the Browns don't nab him at 12 or a team like the Dolphins don't a pick in front of us. Lawson will be long gone by 18 IMO.

We should trade down and pick up Kamerion Wimbley or Chad Jackson and an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Wimbley would be a nice pickup, but only in the 2nd round IMO.

I don't like it much, but I think Marcus McNeil or Andrew Whitworth could be our 1st pick this year. Both can play either tackle spot and considering McNeil's medical past, Whitworth isn't far behind as a pro prospect.

I don't think Jackson will be on the radar screen until the 2nd round for Dallas

JonCJG

Reaction score
With the extra 2nd or 3rd I'd rather have a FS come compete with Davis at FS. Maybe Jason Allen if he drops; Pat Watkins or Bullocks. IMO

1st LB
2nd WR
3rd FS

extra 2nd or 3rd

Best O lineman available be it Marcus McNeil, Andrew Whitworth, Taitusi Lutui, or Max Jean-Gilles

We need sign a FA Right tackle that can give us good play for a year and let Rob, Colombo and Jacobs develop another year and see if we might have a player in one of them.

JonCJG

Reaction score
This could all change of course if we go out and sign a Bentley, Hope, or T.O ect
Just thinking right now with THIS roster.

Silverstar

Reaction score
123456 said:
This could all change of course if we go out and sign a Bentley, Hope, or T.O ect
Just thinking right now with THIS roster.

Very true.

Signing Fabini or Hope could change everything.

I really like Fabini and I'm sure Dallas would be his first choice. He certainly helped Curtis Martin gain all those yards the past 10 years. Sign Fabini and Parcells can forget about tackles in this draft.

Sign Bentley AND Fabini and Dallas has the best OL in the NFL.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Matt said:

Look no further than Denny Green's Cardinals to see why this si a bad idea. We want to be like Matt Millen and just horde WRs?

I understand that an infusion of youth is going to be necessary for our WRs but the cupboard is not bare like it is at MLB and RT.