My son - the Cowboy fan

cowboybish

Reaction score
My son is 27, born in 1994. He became a Cowboy fan when he was about 6. He missed the 90's SB teams and like so many sons he became a fan of his Dad's team. He's probably missed only a few games over this entire span of time. He's married now with a baby on the way.

After watching the 49er game he texted me this:
"If I die and go to hell, I feel like my punishment will be to sit in front of a TV and repeatedly watch Cowboys games like this for all of eternity"

fivetwos

Reaction score
My son is 27, born in 1994. He became a Cowboy fan when he was about 6. He missed the 90's SB teams and like so many sons he became a fan of his Dad's team. He's probably missed only a few games over this entire span of time. He's married now with a baby on the way.

"If I die and go to hell, I feel like my punishment will be to sit in front of a TV and repeatedly watch Cowboys games like this for all of eternity"
I feel absolutely awful for him and people like @Furboy who never got to at least experience the good part of Jerry's ego trip.

The Cowboys don't deserve new fans.

RS12

Reaction score
I got kids born after 96 that have since graduated college that have never seen more than a wild card round victory. Mind boggling actually. A quarter century plus of disappointment and ineptatude.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Really feel sorry for the younger fans
That this is there concept of what Cowboys football should be.
Really sad at what this franchise has become.

Truck

Reaction score
I’m right there. Born in 1992. My dad and Grandpa have all kinds of Super Bowl memories. All I have is post season failure. The only Super Bowl glory I get is on YouTube.

I’m happy for my dad and grandpa and you all who remember the SBs, but it sucks for anyone my age or younger.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I give credit to anyone who roots for a team that they've never seen win anything substantial...but I'm not going to get all whiny about it.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was born in '99. I have fleeting memories of the 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 seasons, but I was really still a year or two too young to really get invested. My parents were not NFL fans but Grandma loved the Cowboys so I began to as well. I really became a hardcore fan in 2010 and rarely missed a game. Those 8-8 seasons were really tough to get through and I remember just being desperate to see them make the playoffs one time. I was elated when the 2014 team took the league by storm. The wild card win against Detroit is my favorite Cowboys memory by far. I was devastated when they lost the next week on that snowy day in Green Bay. Since then, it feels like the break through is close but they're not quite there.

It's kind of funny because I hear guys talk about the super bowl years/ Dynasty in 70s and 90s but it does not register with me at all. My version of Cowboys history, at least the version that doesn't feel so distant it is basically a legend, pretty much starts with Tony Romo, Milles Austin, and Demarcus Ware and ends with Dak, Zeke, and Coop.

Last edited: