My take on the game

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I am not going to predict. I hate predictions because you just can't rationalize what is going to happen in a game before it is even played.
That said. Barber is gone. Sucks, but we drafted Choice who was a great value pick in the 5th. He was a solid back in college and played well when Barber went down. Good teams win when key guys go down.
Things we know. Our offense is pretty good and Romo is playing well. Did Roy Williams open thing up a little? I think he probably did. TO has 300 yds in 2 games. Witten just had a monster game and Bennett seems to have benefited greatly because he is so down on the worry list that he can't be keyed on. Now, has our OL been able to get the running going? At times. Do we struggle w/ pressure? We do. However, we were a dropped Crayton pass against the might Giants from beating them on that incredible run. We don't get completely shut down even w/ pressure. Romo can pick apart the best if even given a little time. Holland is an upgrade I think. Proctor has been a turnstile and good teams key on him for the pass rush. I think Holland is at least a good pass protecter. That is all we need I think. Romo w/ time= points. The key is that Romo must hold onto the ball when hit.

Defense. I am not sold on this unit. Wade taking over was an improvement. We are seeing much more efforts to create matchup problems. I still hate how off the CBs play, but they are playing closer now than earlier in the year. Ben is a very good QB. However, they don't throw very much. They use ball control and sprinkle in the pass. Plus conditions won't be ideal for the pass. Our defense has lately been very good at stopping the run. I like our chances in the run game, but I would hate to think of stopping them most of the time, but every once in a while giving up the big run. We have had that happen a few times.

Special teams. I still don't like ours. I hope Adam Jones will provide a little. He hadn't shown it this year, but kickoffs will give him a little more time to find running room.

OK, bottom line for me is that this is a great Sunday for watching football. Heck, I loved watching college football today too. Dallas is either for real or a bunch of fakers. I can't judge them for beating a team like Seattle. That was a game to get Romo healthier and more confident. We have no excuses to not win this game even w/ Barber out. Our season is on the line. The Giants just beat Pittsburgh at home. If we can't do it, we probably aren't in the Giants league either. Good/Great teams w/ talent win these games. We need to more than the Steelers. That means something. If we dont win, it probably isn't our year and I will see be forced to see Jerry aging bbefore my eyes in the booth.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dmq;2464883 said:
I am not going to predict. I hate predictions because you just can't rationalize what is going to happen in a game before it is even played.
That said. Barber is gone. Sucks, but we drafted Choice who was a great value pick in the 5th. He was a solid back in college and played well when Barber went down. Good teams win when key guys go down.
Things we know. Our offense is pretty good and Romo is playing well. Did Roy Williams open thing up a little? I think he probably did. TO has 300 yds in 2 games. Witten just had a monster game and Bennett seems to have benefited greatly because he is so down on the worry list that he can't be keyed on. Now, has our OL been able to get the running going? At times. Do we struggle w/ pressure? We do. However, we were a dropped Crayton pass against the might Giants from beating them on that incredible run. We don't get completely shut down even w/ pressure. Romo can pick apart the best if even given a little time. Holland is an upgrade I think. Proctor has been a turnstile and good teams key on him for the pass rush. I think Holland is at least a good pass protecter. That is all we need I think. Romo w/ time= points. The key is that Romo must hold onto the ball when hit.

Defense. I am not sold on this unit. Wade taking over was an improvement. We are seeing much more efforts to create matchup problems. I still hate how off the CBs play, but they are playing closer now than earlier in the year. Ben is a very good QB. However, they don't throw very much. They use ball control and sprinkle in the pass. Plus conditions won't be ideal for the pass. Our defense has lately been very good at stopping the run. I like our chances in the run game, but I would hate to think of stopping them most of the time, but every once in a while giving up the big run. We have had that happen a few times.

Special teams. I still don't like ours. I hope Adam Jones will provide a little. He hadn't shown it this year, but kickoffs will give him a little more time to find running room.

OK, bottom line for me is that this is a great Sunday for watching football. Heck, I loved watching college football today too. Dallas is either for real or a bunch of fakers. I can't judge them for beating a team like Seattle. That was a game to get Romo healthier and more confident. We have no excuses to not win this game even w/ Barber out. Our season is on the line. The Giants just beat Pittsburgh at home. If we can't do it, we probably aren't in the Giants league either. Good/Great teams w/ talent win these games. We need to more than the Steelers. That means something. If we dont win, it probably isn't our year and I will see be forced to see Jerry aging bbefore my eyes in the booth.

Injuries or no, all I can say is if we have a poor showing tomorrow, and subsequently crash and burn this month(hence leaving our holidays, yet again, in a rotten mood), then this team has noone but to blame but THEMSELVES.

I know we haven't played anyone the last month, but this team really showed alot of heart for the first time in a long time. If they want to make this final push, they BETTER continue their level of play.